My mother's jewellery - new creation

Nymf

O.G.
Nov 2, 2006
hi everyone

My mother passed away a few months ago and I would like to use some of her jewellery (I can't have most of it changed because I love it just the way it is) and have it made into a ring or bracelet. I have roughly 20 diamonds between 0.10 and 0.50ct each. A ruby and emerald and an opal (all the size of 0.2ct roughly) and a lot of yellow gold.
Do you think it's possible to get a degradé diamond bangle made? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

I think it's a wonderful idea to reset the stones into something you like and will wear. I have inherited some of my mom's and MIL's jewellery and have slowly resetting them. A pendant, ring, bracelet, bangle or even earrings are great way to remember your mother. I suggest you go to a jewellery store and try some on and see what style you like. Ask them if they can reset the stones for you into a design that you like. Maybe even get matching set using the other stones with the diamonds: earrings, pendant and bracelet.
Take your time. No need to rush into it.

I agree with Minty. I've had pieces pulled apart and remade from scratch. The key is to go to a jewellery designer and, armed with some ideas of what you like, discuss with them what designs they might come up with.

I think you should make them into several pieces instead of just one! That way you can find a way to wear them for any occasion (or even everyday) and still have your mom with you always. My sincerest condolences.