Look what happened to my Dora Infrarouge.

Oh wow!! Take it to LV asap!! How could this have happened? It looks worse than the pics of melted glazing that's reported on here..

Now I don't know what to do. I am on holiday.
When I packed my stuff, I didn't really see my bag. I got morning flight. Then I realized my clothes all have black dirt. It turns out from the glazing. I tried to clean my clothes but I can not. [emoji24]
I am not sure if LV can fix this bag. Really horrible..

Sorry to see that. It's awful. Take it to LV ASAP! They will sort something out for you. Keep us posted

I will bring to LV once I am home. Now I need to buy "emergency" bag until my holiday finished. I can't use this bag, I don't want my other clothes to be messy because of the glazing.

Looks really terrible!!. Have they sold you a fake bag or given you a returned fake. Because it does look a bit inconspicuous in places quality wise. Sorry is only my opinion. I only have 2 pieces of LV so no expert either. But I hope you get it sorted. It's very poor quality.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Oh wow! I'm sooo sorry that happened to you. I would definitely get an emergency bag and stop carrying that one so it doesn't ruin any more of your clothing. You might also get a bag to put around it so the transfer doesn't continue if you have it in a carry on. Good luck and I sincerely hope you have a good outcome at LV. That is just horrible. [emoji17]

hi! i had the same thing happen to 2 bags from parnassea collection. the melting on 1 bag was so bad just like urs. got on my clothes and just about everywhere. bring it to lv to see if ur bag can be saved

Last edited:
So sorry to see this. This is the same exact thing that happened to me with two ikat Neverfulls on vacation. Not sure if it was the change in humidity that triggered the meltdown but it was infuriating and a known problem. Good luck getting it resolved.

Holy cow. That is insanity to me. Was there no product testing done on these bags to determine if the glazing would just melt off like that? That is the worst I've ever seen it. Please keep us updated!

Oh dear: this is terrible! Haven't they solved the melting glaze issue yet?

I experienced a similar thing on my wilshire pm in rose pop, but it is quite old. I took her to LV but they said they couldn't reglaze the handles. What they offered to do was to change them and they would charge me €400 for that. I ended up keeping her like that.

I don't think it is due to humidity: I keep all my LVs and SLGs in the same place and store them in their dustbags but nothing like that happened to any other item so far... It must be defective!

It is really very annoying, you should definitely go to LV and show to them your ruined clothes as well!

So sorry this happened to you! Please keep us updated.