Do You Prefer Size 30 or 35 Birkin?

Love these comparison pics, you are really making me wonder if I should buy an H B smaller than a B30.

BBC, you are so enabling!

Hahaha, so are YOU, Vigee! [emoji8]

I am a few inches shorter than you, but I think the biggest surprise was that IRL the 25 does not scream "evening bag" on me. Pulling out the 35 for the first time in a month, I've realized that it does not look proportional on me. I can't imagine pulling it out again any time soon.

Let me know if you are in town and you can check out this "fun size"! [emoji516][emoji516][emoji516]

ETA: one inch. I'm only an inch shorter than you? You look much taller.

Reactions: VigeeLeBrun
Comparison pics: B35, K32 vs B30, I am 5'5" and wearing flats in most of the pics.

Hope this is helpful!!!

FullSizeRender_zpsa9fd9dvn.jpg

Jan%2018%2017%2010x5%20v2_zpsobiy02qt.jpg

Selfie%20June%2017%202016_zpsddgypoxm.jpg
Gorgeous pics, my dear...and your choices, from head to toe, are absolutely splendid, as always!

Ok, here we go.

3 sizes, one (boring, wintry, unfitted) outfit. With boots.

I am 5'4" and a size 2/4.

Looking at my Bs I am a little chagrined to realize that they are all neutral, when I really am not! I need an IF intervention. [emoji38]

With 25 noir:
IMG_1487716356.342343.jpg

With 30 etoupe:
IMG_1487716380.933172.jpg

With 35 rouge h:
IMG_1487716395.995182.jpg

Sorry for the crummy pics. I need a mirror in a better-lit part of my house, plus DS1 is ill so I was rushing.

It must be our body proportions, Vigee, I still think that the 35 looks too big on me, whereas it suits you fabulously. Even toggling back and forth between our size 30s, yours looks smaller - maybe because of the color?

Gosh, I am really wondering now if 35 is too big for me? It's my favorite size.

QF, if you love the size, keep it. I think a lot of it has to do with proportion, body type and the way you dress. I almost never wear pants, and most of what I wear is very tailored. I am v-shaped, slim and small boned but not skinny. My mother is about an inch or two shorter than me, with a different body shape and bigger looks better on her.

There must be some scientific equation to all this that I can't quite solve. But then again my parents, brother and children all tan in the sun yet I burn, so go figure. Of course, I've been carrying it for years without concern, but now that I have and can visualize other options, and I no longer need the larger size as I once did, I'm just deciding whether it is a necessity anymore.

I am with you.... now I got my first K28 and I was like... hmmm :rolleyes:
I LOVE K28 and it's definitely my preferred size for Kelly. But for some reason, I like a larger Birkin. DH and other objective peeps (even my SA is honest with me on sizes) think the 35 is great on me, but I know I'm really small (which I hate, but not much I can do :P) , and if the 35 isn't working for others....

I LOVE K28 and it's definitely my preferred size for Kelly. But for some reason, I like a larger Birkin. DH and other objective peeps (even my SA is honest with me on sizes) think the 35 is great on me, but I know I'm really small (which I hate, but not much I can do :P) , and if the 35 isn't working for others....

I'm totally with you (and your SA and DH!). It's all about how you rock it. I have friends who are the same height and general body type as me, and the same B35 looks totally different on me than on them just based on how we carry it, how we dress etc. I'm also convinced (with no scientific data to back me up haha) that more specific than just overall height, it's length of your torso, where your hips are relative to your arm length etc that make the optical difference when you carry the bag.

My DH always says to me (and you will relate to this with your lenses knowledge as he does) rarely when you are using your bag will you be posing with it full on in "shot". You will be using it and you will only see a portion of it etc. When we see pictures of bags even modelling shots, generally the bag is straight on in full view. This alters the perception of it from when used. I find "wildlife" views really interesting as you get to see the bag unconsciously used and you get a real feel of what it looks like.
If you love the 35 and it works for you, you will be using it freely and it will suit you.
OT - can't believe your special new B is still in it's box are you not loving it?
:hugs:

Love! They look great on you! Weight wise is it heavy?

Thank you :hbeat:
Yes, very heavy. I pare down what I take with me when Im using it. And I try not to use them if I know Im going to be doing something like food shopping.
Interestingly, when I first got them ajd hadnt used them much yet, I was convinced 35 was THE size..:giggle: now Ive used them quite a bit, Im actually considering a 30 in a bright colour so I can swap out occasionally. Definitely no muted neutrals or brown in 30, but a pop colour would be great. :lol:

Reactions: Stella73 and BBC
Ok, here we go.

Looking at my Bs I am a little chagrined to realize that they are all neutral, when I really am not! I need an IF intervention. [emoji38]

With 25 noir:
View attachment 3612594

With 30 etoupe:
View attachment 3612595

With 35 rouge h:
View attachment 3612596

Sorry for the crummy pics. I need a mirror in a better-lit part of my house, plus DS1 is ill so I was rushing.

It must be our body proportions, Vigee, I still think that the 35 looks too big on me, whereas it suits you fabulously. Even toggling back and forth between our size 30s, yours looks smaller - maybe because of the color?

Thanks for the comparison pics BBC. I def prefer the 25/30 on you!

Reactions: BBC
Ok, here we go.

With 25 noir:
View attachment 3612594

With 30 etoupe:
View attachment 3612595

With 35 rouge h:
View attachment 3612596

All three look good on you. B35 looks like a tote. B30 looks like it fits you perfectly as a purse. B25 looks more elegant, and I'm assuming you usually pair it with a more tailored outfit. All are ok. They just look like bags for different purposes.

Reactions: BBC