A New Way to Attach and Display Fobs and Charms

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
This idea is new to me, but it may be that others have already been doing it for years - but I decided to share it just in case someone else is struggling with the same issue.

Yesterday at the outlet they had a colorblock borough bag [tan and pink (loganberry?)] on sale with the FP deletes and it reminded me to carry my Large Soft Retro Glove Suede Borough in Honey 32295 UE HON.

Wow this bag is big! I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, but it sure is a beauty.

While I was changing bags last night I was reminded of a feature that I don't like about this bag. The obvious place to attach charms, fobs, and the hangtag are the metal loops on the side that are used to attach the long strap. But when you do that the decorations get lost in the folds at the side of the bag, or they flip inside the bag and disappear completely.

It suddenly occurred to me to thread the fob attachments through the leather loops at the base of the short handles. Now the charm and hangtag are secure, nicely displayed, and unlikely to flip over, see the pics below.

I suppose that this could cause wear to the leather at the base of the short handles, but I'm going to give it a try and see how this approach works. FYI, the blue enamel Daphne flower fob is style number 92685.

Attachments

• BoroughHoney_001.jpg
    BoroughHoney_001.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 504
  • BoroughHoney_003.jpg
    BoroughHoney_003.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 506
  • BoroughHoney_004.jpg
    BoroughHoney_004.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
I have done the exact same thing. I deconstruct a lot of my fobs to fit my needs or just to customize. Most times this includes removing the dog clip & just using the chain to attach. I have a studded feather on my black soft Borough & an off brand less expensive charm on my soft Borough in earth. I've not seen much wear at all but once in place, I tend to keep it this way.
I totally get you re the desire to have an easy & obvious place to use our fobs. I struggled with this with my Rogues & now rig up larger ball chains or use the leather key tag to clip them onto.
Thanks for sharing! I love your Borough!

Reactions: katev
This is a fun idea Katev... I have also done this please note the Ergo Satchel with the Ergo fob on the strap.. Also I have all 3 of the colors of this fob (pink, white and blue) but went with blue for contrast...
I think that bags should be fun... I often add a scarf some that TPF does often...:smile:
COACH-ERGO  LEATHER SATCHEL-12248 .JPG

This is a fun idea Katev... I have also done this please note the Ergo Satchel with the Ergo fob on the strap.. Also I have all 3 of the colors of this fob (pink, white and blue) but went with blue for contrast...
I think that bags should be fun... I often add a scarf some that TPF does often...:smile:
View attachment 3614180

I love Ergo bags and your bag is beautiful and the mini-Ergo fob is adorable. Ergo bags are hard to decorate because of the lack of hardware (which makes them so lightweight and sleek). I only have one Ergo hobo but it is a favorite; you can see In the pics at the link below that I've attached the fob to the zipper pull: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-carrying-today.913052/page-533#post-31025591