My "DIY" Deconstructed, Repurposed Rogue!

K.E.W.

Jun 21, 2016
IMG_1805.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG IMG_1810.JPG IMG_1811.JPG IMG_1812.JPG IMG_1814.JPG Last year I got the Rogue Runway Teddy Bear bag, but never really appreciated the Teddy Bear patch itself, but I did love the bright orange handles. I had tried to grab the Rocket model (red suede, rocketship) but it was too popular and sold out immediately. I have searched the entire internet for that rocketship model and have yet to see even ONE, anywhere! It kind of became an obsession to own one.

So I've finally taken matters into my own hands and created my own "Frankenstein" style hybrid of a Rocketship Patch Rogue.

If you're interested in how I managed to remove the original patch (don't want to bore you), let me know and I'll post it separately. But in a nutshell, i added my own combo of various Coach hangtags, the two Large Rocket Purse Charms, and faux gem squares from an old necklace that I disassembled for this purpose. I used Gorilla Glue as the adhesive and it's technically still drying -- I just finished a few minutes ago, but was eager to post my pics.

This Rogue will be fun to wear in just about any situation other than a formal event! It should fit in well with everyone else's majorly embellished purse exteriors that all designers are trending now. It uplifts my mood just looking at it, haha.

Here are some closeups of my new creation:

I bow to you! I love it! I'm all for deconstructing & making something your own. I love the key tags & especially the jewel/chain detail! Kudos on a cool design that makes you happy! Thanks for sharing your story & outcome...ENJOY!

Reactions: K.E.W.
I bow to you! I love it! I'm all for deconstructing & making something your own. I love the key tags & especially the jewel/chain detail! Kudos on a cool design that makes you happy! Thanks for sharing your story & outcome...ENJOY!

What a sweet comment, thx!

Btw, what's the status on your Rogue Tote? Might you keep it?

(I was wondering the other day if your 30 day return period was soon approaching).

Thx! It's giving me ideas

It's giving me ideas too -- I'm thinking of a few older (but still NWT) bags that I've hoarded but never wore. Their resale value on EBay is pretty low (I compared them to similar ones listed for sale). I'd need to buy some great flat purse charms to glue on, I don't own too many. But it would be a great incentive to carry those bags and have fun at the same time. Maybe have specific themes. With all these trending embellished bags all over the market, its easy to get ideas!

Do you have some older bags in good shape that you could work with? I guess they wouldn't have to be new or unworn...

:ty:

WOW! The bag looks awesome. I would like to know how you removed the Bear patch. I bought the same bag and loved the color so much but that bear... I couldn't talk myself into wearing it; so, I returned it.

What a sweet comment, thx!

Btw, what's the status on your Rogue Tote? Might you keep it?

(I was wondering the other day if your 30 day return period was soon approaching).
Thx for asking. I returned it but have since regretted doing so. Part of me knows I won't use it much because I'm not a tote girl but then another part of me loves the classic lightweight design. I'm really on the fence about whether I'd repurchase. Till this day I regret not keeping my skinny totes for the same reason. I was able to snag the smoke one on ebay but am still on the hunt for a tabac one.
Back to your Rogue though, really well done. You must be thrilled!

Thx for asking. I returned it but have since regretted doing so. Part of me knows I won't use it much because I'm not a tote girl but then another part of me loves the classic lightweight design. I'm really on the fence about whether I'd repurchase. Till this day I regret not keeping my skinny totes for the same reason. I was able to snag the smoke one on ebay but am still on the hunt for a tabac one.
Back to your Rogue though, really well done. You must be thrilled!

I see...you really do have a LOVE/HATE relationship with Totes, haha. I understand...I have to give you credit once more for inspiring me to get MY Tote. Your posted pic was the catalyst -- here we go with the "enabler" comments again, huh? :lol:

And thanks for your kind words about my DIY creation!