Can I please sing the praises of my DBTY necklace?!

Louish

Dec 28, 2014
Hello everyone! I know there are many dbty threads but I wanted to share my personal experience.

I was looking for an everyday necklace which was worry free. I stumbled upon the dbty threads on PF and I'm so glad I did! I purchased a SS 0.05ct T&co pendant a few weeks and I have worn it everyday. I know SS is not known for its durability but I have had no issues so far.

Why I love it:
  • The chain is very sturdy. I have a very curious & strong 8 month old who has yet to pull the chain hard enough to break it.
  • It's so sparkly. For such a tiny diamond it has lovely flashes.
  • I have worn it in the gym, at a birthday party, baby class & for long walks in the park. I can't really think of an event where it would be unsuitable. The length is just perfect. It looks classy & casual depending on the outfit.
  • I have long admired the layered look but didn't know how to do it on myself. This necklace makes layering fool-proof!
I'm super excited because I have a spare 0.15ct diamond (y'know, as one does) which I am hoping to have set in a dbty style pendant. I'm having a consultation on Thursday with my favourite jeweller to see what he can do for me. I'm thinking about RG since I have diamond simulant bezel studs in RG which are so pretty.

Thank you for letting me share x

I had a .33 diamond that I had reset in a bezel setting since I loved the Tiffany one and I'm really happy with it. I had a white gold chain already, but I did have them convert it to the more scure lobster clasp so the total price to reset the diamond in a bezel and modify my chain was about $100. I wear it all the time!

Gorgeous. I've been eyeing on dby as well but I like my necklace long (sensory) and since this is dainty it won't look good long. Therefore I am thinking their 3 stone bracelet. I can't decide which color to get: RG, YG or plat. any suggestions?

Gorgeous. I've been eyeing on dby as well but I like my necklace long (sensory) and since this is dainty it won't look good long. Therefore I am thinking their 3 stone bracelet. I can't decide which color to get: RG, YG or plat. any suggestions?

Which colour metal do you usually wear? Do you like mixing metals? Ive been doing a lot of research to create a capsule jewellery collection & I've noticed that I like the look of rose gold & yellow gold together