Which Mulberry bags have you kept or can't you part with & why

I can take a family pic tomorrow :smile: (going to sleep at the moment) but until then I have them in single photos:

Alexa
View attachment 3603634

Bayswater Buckle
View attachment 3603635

Lily
View attachment 3603636

Cosmetic Pouch
View attachment 3603637

Found an old photo of my Mulberry family missing the pouch but my wallet is in it (and I still have it, will never get rid of it!)
View attachment 3603638

You've got some absolute beauties there, Kmora; your oxblood Lily is stunning and I love your Lexy, Bays Buckle and cosmetics pouch.
Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph them! [emoji253]

Reactions: Kmora
You've got some absolute beauties there, Kmora; your oxblood Lily is stunning and I love your Lexy, Bays Buckle and cosmetics pouch.
Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph them! [emoji253]
Thank you! :smile:

These are actually "old" pictures from last spring/summer. Will take some new photos with the whole family in one pic :smile: It is just a little bit hard to find time for a (calm and undisturbed) photo session with a 3 year old and a new born ;)

Reactions: Mayfly285
Thank you! :smile:

These are actually "old" pictures from last spring/summer. Will take some new photos with the whole family in one pic :smile: It is just a little bit hard to find time for a (calm and undisturbed) photo session with a 3 year old and a new born ;)

Bless you! I've been there; it's more mentally and exhausting than anyone would believe! [emoji42]

Reactions: Kmora
I have a few, but despite rare thoughts of probable time to move one or two on i still prefer to keep them all
Navy Effie hobo
EW croc embossed Bays tan/oak
OS Raspberry Alexa
LE Alexa in tan/oak
Black soft buffalo reg size Alexa
Lily in oxblood, medium
Daria hobo in oxblood
2 pouches and 2 wallets
And my DH's chocolate Brynmore

Lily and black Alexa are the last 2 i would think to part with, though i love them all!!!

The one and only Mulberry bag I've ever had is the Valentine Alexa. I bought it when it first came out and then sold it a few months later. I regretted that and had to wait like 3 years until I found her again. I will never sell it because its the perfect red color, I really like the Alexa for a casual chic look and it is now discontinued, and the heart rivets are so cute and understated.

I’ve just had my second ‘they have to go as I don’t use them’ clearout. All I have now is a Mulberry Cecily Tote, New Style Bay with Strap, and Bay Shoulder. Navy, Midnight and Black. Want a clutch that’s all. I’ve been through so many my husband is getting fed up. I lusted then loathed. For example, I don’t like the Lily. I can hear the screams but I just don’t. I have had four. I think the quality of the new bags is poor and expensive. I’m only keeping the new style strap Bay as I’d lose too much money and I still need a medium sized bag. The Mulberry silver lettering is fading/wearing away. I had a multi coloured large Maple, she was nice but not big enough hence the Tote. I also liked the new style Bay Tote but again, once closed not quite big enough, plus expensive for what it was. It’s been a five year love affair and I have bought and sold or returned loads and loads. My husband would say ‘you look underwhelmed’....thank god he was talking about the handbags

Reactions: Foofan
That is a fun thread :smile:
I still have:
3 reg Alexas (1 oak and 1 black polished buffalo, 1 steel blue with rivet)
1 black small Suffolk in calfskin
1 nvt oak small del Rey
1 black Lily in soft leather but not sure what
The mini Lily in the pic is gone
I am still internally debating if I should let go the steel blue Alexa.. As the leather of this one became just to soft and it is a rather heavy bag..
Any suggestion is welcomed ;)

Attachments

• A27597E5-5382-4319-A3C2-7C84B05D4B12.jpeg
    A27597E5-5382-4319-A3C2-7C84B05D4B12.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 291
The only Mulberry I would like to part with is my large zipped Bayswater in midnight and it’s only because it’s too big now for my needs. I rarely use it except sometimes in winter if I need to carry more which then makes the bag heavy.

I can’t imagine parting with these:
Bayswater in Oak NVT
Bayswater in Black grainy leather
Bayswater in Midnight glossy goat
Bayswater in Chocolate Darwin
Delrey in Ink Croc
Bayswater Shoulder Bag in Black
Effie in Black
Lily in grainy black leather
Lily in Oxblood NVT

I sold all my bags a few years ago except for my antique gold Spencer from 2007, my oak Ledbury and my very tired Oak Bayswater from 2003.
I also kept a cosmetic pouch and my continental purse.
Then I realized I couldn't be without some of them so had to find them again.
I now have almost all of my favourites back. My oak SBS, oak Lily, oak Piccadilly are back and I will get a black Lily as well.
Those are my all time classics that I have to have
I almost don't use the Ledbury anymore, but can't seem to get rid of her, either, she's too cute.

I’ve just had my second ‘they have to go as I don’t use them’ clearout. All I have now is a Mulberry Cecily Tote, New Style Bay with Strap, and Bay Shoulder. Navy, Midnight and Black. Want a clutch that’s all. I’ve been through so many my husband is getting fed up. I lusted then loathed. For example, I don’t like the Lily. I can hear the screams but I just don’t. I have had four. I think the quality of the new bags is poor and expensive. I’m only keeping the new style strap Bay as I’d lose too much money and I still need a medium sized bag. The Mulberry silver lettering is fading/wearing away. I had a multi coloured large Maple, she was nice but not big enough hence the Tote. I also liked the new style Bay Tote but again, once closed not quite big enough, plus expensive for what it was. It’s been a five year love affair and I have bought and sold or returned loads and loads. My husband would say ‘you look underwhelmed’....thank god he was talking about the handbags

I am interested to read that you feel the quality of the bags is declining. Do others feel this way?

I haven't seen one in person but was looking at the small iris, the iris and the bayswater. I worry that, based on what I have read, the bayswater will be too heavy. I like the iris, but I love a structured bag, which is why the bayswater (small or mini) and the small iris appeal. (That said, my hunch is the small iris or mini baywater will be too small...)

Sorry to ask an off-topic question, but I wanted to follow up on the quality concern if I am buying sight unseen.

I am interested to read that you feel the quality of the bags is declining. Do others feel this way?

I haven't seen one in person but was looking at the small iris, the iris and the bayswater. I worry that, based on what I have read, the bayswater will be too heavy. I like the iris, but I love a structured bag, which is why the bayswater (small or mini) and the small iris appeal. (That said, my hunch is the small iris or mini baywater will be too small...)

Sorry to ask an off-topic question, but I wanted to follow up on the quality concern if I am buying sight unseen.

Hi, I have to confess my comment about declining in quality is based on what I’ve ‘noticed’. Bayswater bags can be sold years old. With reasonable care the handles will yes be very floppy and the area where the handles attach to the bag can show signs of loss of colour. However the newer style which are only a few years old seem to be showing significant colour loss on the actual handles. It’s just something I noticed on the resale market. I’ve also noticed people using scarves etc...to cover the handles I would assume to protect them. My other issue is where the Mulberry logo is in gold or silver lettering. That most definitely is something which does not appear to withstand much use. Every bag I’ve had it’s already started to fade. Maybe it wasn’t protected? I spray mine or use the leather gel from colinil regularly.
So maybe I’ve done them a disservice, but to me, some areas of the new design don’t appear to be able to stand the ‘test of time’ as they once did.
As for the new Bays. I had a massive new style with black studs. Loved it. But oh my was it heavy and incredibly cumbersome. However, I think it was me not the bag. I put too much in it lol. Most of the reviews I’ve seen or read say the new style Bays are much lighter. I will always have a couple of Mulberry bags but I’ve reduced it heavily as I explained. I think some of the new styles are gorgeous but not for me. X Sam X

I bought a Mulberry Bayswater from Rue La La 4 months ago. The stitching is coming lose and the leather is starting to split. I contacted Mulberry and they are going to assess for me. I’ve never had a bag fall apart like that; even $20 bags from Bealls Outlet used to last me years.

Attachments

• A6B4A899-5919-4DCB-B8A0-C38E0C8EAA65.jpeg
    A6B4A899-5919-4DCB-B8A0-C38E0C8EAA65.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 132
  • B80C7703-BB0B-40C2-83F1-851E944117A2.jpeg
    B80C7703-BB0B-40C2-83F1-851E944117A2.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 133
  • 31890743-8C2F-4585-8D53-B523AC061675.jpeg
    31890743-8C2F-4585-8D53-B523AC061675.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 9176F573-4D93-4608-9758-8600314D5C94.jpeg
    9176F573-4D93-4608-9758-8600314D5C94.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 133
I bought a Mulberry Bayswater from Rue La La 4 months ago. The stitching is coming lose and the leather is starting to split. I contacted Mulberry and they are going to assess for me. I’ve never had a bag fall apart like that; even $20 bags from Bealls Outlet used to last me years.

Wow. Thanks for this information. I will invest my cash in another brand.