Would you include the original receipt for a bag you are selling if the buyer asks fo

Yep i thought about that. Pretty much that's what they could be used to, to "prove" a fake.

Thanks for the advice!
To take it a step further, imagine if that scenario (buyer having and selling a fake and using your original receipt) happened and your buyer's buyer took the bag and receipt to Chanel for repair or spa treatment. When Chanel sees that the bag is fake, the assumption will be that YOU sold a fake using a genuine receipt and with that receipt, date and time of purchase, transaction ID, etc., they will know exactly who the original purchaser is (you) and may ban you from future business with Chanel.

(This is why I also redact transaction information from the copy of the receipt too. Anything that can ID me as the original owner of the receipt is obliterated.)

Reactions: love_potion_9
To take it a step further, imagine if that scenario (buyer having and selling a fake and using your original receipt) happened and your buyer's buyer took the bag and receipt to Chanel for repair or spa treatment. When Chanel sees that the bag is fake, the assumption will be that YOU sold a fake using a genuine receipt and with that receipt, date and time of purchase, transaction ID, etc., they will know exactly who the original purchaser is (you) and may ban you from future business with Chanel.

(This is why I also redact transaction information from the copy of the receipt too. Anything that can ID me as the original owner of the receipt is obliterated.)
aha! This is the kind of thing I would fear, that's exactly what could happen! thank you

Please protect yourself first before considering why the buyer wants the receipt. These purses usually get resold. Your receipt and information can go to a crazy person that might use it in a way that you never dreamed of it being used. Then you are stuck trying to fix that person's mess that involves you.

Please protect yourself first before considering why the buyer wants the receipt. These purses usually get resold. Your receipt and information can go to a crazy person that might use it in a way that you never dreamed of it being used. Then you are stuck trying to fix that person's mess that involves you.
Just a crazy example, I saw people on Postmark begging sellers to just sell their receipt to them, so they can get a free repair on their second hand bag. The receipt can go to homes to people with bad character. It is scary!

My buyer is asking me to send the original receipt with the bag, do you think this is safe? She has great feedback and all, I'm just always worried of being conned when the item is so expensive. I guess sending or not sending the receipt doesn't matter..either way I am sending the bag, right? What do you guys think? are there any risks sending the receipt?

I state in my listings what I would do, i.e. I would scan the receipt and blur out any personal information on it and email to the buyer.

Some potential buyers messaged and asked for the original copy and I told them, "No. I sent original copy before and when the buyer returned the bag, she didn't return me the receipt and neither ebay nor paypal helped me ... so, sorry but no."

Stand firm and if they really want to buy your bag, they will pay and accept the scanned copy of receipt. If not, the next buyer will come by.

Reactions: BeenBurned