Chanel 17P Help & Advice

Bagaholic9

O.G.
Jul 5, 2012
Hi everyone! I really need your help and opinions. I have been looking into buying an old medium black caviar boy with rithinium hardware for a while now. I hated the 17C caviar. Matted out and not what I was looking for. I am looking for the regular caviar used on the classic flaps or at least something VERY close to it.

I would love to hear opinions of the 17P(this seasons) caviar. If anyone has the black caviar, pictures would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am supposed to go into the Chanel store in a couple of days to shop with my SA and I need to decide by then.

I have the 17P new medium black caviar boy with the shiny ghw. In pic, it looks very shiny and may looks plastic but in real life, it is beautiful and the leather feels so much luxurious and durable than the Matt Caviar from the previous season boy. It may be soft to touch but not flimsy and in fact it is structured. It also doesn't have noticeable crease when you lift the flap. I love this 17P caviar boy
IMG_7750.JPG IMG_7918.JPG

I have the 17P new medium black caviar boy with the shiny ghw. In pic, it looks very shiny and may looks plastic but in real life, it is beautiful and the leather feels so much luxurious and durable than the Matt Caviar from the previous season boy. It may be soft to touch but not flimsy and in fact it is structured. It also doesn't have noticeable crease when you lift the flap. I love this 17P caviar boy
View attachment 3607038 View attachment 3607039

Your boy definetly is beautiful!! Thank you so much for the pictures and your response. The leather looks great.

Ice24 your bag is so lovely!!! The quilts look so yummy n puffy! :P:heart: This bag was actually my ideal boy n hw. But I settled for the classic lamb one instead half a year ago (because this hasn't come out and I was in Paris).

But just an additional info for bagaholic9, this wasn't e case with the version I saw in my store. The quilts were kinda deflated and some parts were wrinkly. I was really turned off by it. So shocked because that was MY ideal combo. Such diff quality from classic caviar! But perhaps that was the DISPLAY item. (I wanted to take a photo bt my phone is outta memory space haha)

With differing quality, you should ask your SA for the absolutely brand new one. And pick out the best of e lot :smile:. (Esp if u didn't fancy the Matte one, which I feel u haha, that display item I saw was worse than e matte 17C :sad:)

Your boy definetly is beautiful!! Thank you so much for the pictures and your response. The leather looks great.
Ice24 your bag is so lovely!!! The quilts look so yummy n puffy! :P:heart: This bag was actually my ideal boy n hw. But I settled for the classic lamb one instead half a year ago (because this hasn't come out and I was in Paris).

But just an additional info for bagaholic9, this wasn't e case with the version I saw in my store. The quilts were kinda deflated and some parts were wrinkly. I was really turned off by it. So shocked because that was MY ideal combo. Such diff quality from classic caviar! But perhaps that was the DISPLAY item. (I wanted to take a photo bt my phone is outta memory space haha)

With differing quality, you should ask your SA for the absolutely brand new one. And pick out the best of e lot :smile:. (Esp if u didn't fancy the Matte one, which I feel u haha, that display item I saw was worse than e matte 17C :sad:)
Thank you Bagaholic9 and Revangelina. The 17P quilts are indeed more puffy than the matt caviar. I bought the 16A boy as well and if you see the pics below the quilts are less puffy and dry

IMG_7982.jpg
IMG_4682.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7981.jpg
    IMG_7981.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,302
  • IMG_7983.jpg
    IMG_7983.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 1,532
Reactions: 2manychins
I have the 17P blue one and I love mines! It seems quite sturdy though soft which is good because the flap can be a bit annoying sometimes. It's shiny too which is a big plus for me. I'm not noticing any issues whatsoever. I saw the 17C Caviar and it was like pebbled leather instead of the stiff Caviar so I passed.

View attachment 3607038 View attachment 3607039
Your boy is stunning! Congratulations

I have the 17P blue one and I love mines! It seems quite sturdy though soft which is good because the flap can be a bit annoying sometimes. It's shiny too which is a big plus for me. I'm not noticing any issues whatsoever. I saw the 17C Caviar and it was like pebbled leather instead of the stiff Caviar so I passed.

i hv the blue too! love it! ;)

Sorry I need to vent!! I have a 17P blue boy for almost a month... I found some chipping earlier this week so ever since then I've been using my bag with extra care... I just got home from dinner and inspected my bag... found out my bag has more damages... this is sooooo frustrating!!! Am i not supposed to use the bag at all to avoid chipping?! I have a jumbo caviar and it's sooooo durable comparing to this boy bag....i don't even have to baby it at all. If i knew this boy bag would chip so easily i would have purchased lamb skin... so heartbroken [emoji21]IMG_1487828831.266533.jpgIMG_1487828843.600211.jpg

Sorry I need to vent!! I have a 17P blue boy for almost a month... I found some chipping earlier this week so ever since then I've been using my bag with extra care... I just got home from dinner and inspected my bag... found out my bag has more damages... this is sooooo frustrating!!! Am i not supposed to use the bag at all to avoid chipping?! I have a jumbo caviar and it's sooooo durable comparing to this boy bag....i don't even have to baby it at all. If i knew this boy bag would chip so easily i would have purchased lamb skin... so heartbroken [emoji21]View attachment 3613978View attachment 3613979
It seems that this 17P boy got leather chipping issue. This is so bad and annoying. The leather itself seems durable and never expect it to chip so easily. can send back to Chanel to repair??