So black 2.55 reissue in sheep skin , is it sturdy enough?

skippydoo2010

Aug 10, 2010
IMG_1487218369.811194.jpg

Hi guys! Does anyone have a sheep skin bag? I love caviar and goat skin sometimes calf but never had a sheepskin before? How is it holding up? I'm so curious, coz I love this bag but the fact that it's sheep makes me scared, I take care of my bags but I also want them to be scratch proof or resistant that's why I love caviar and goat skin more? Thoughts? Please help! Thank you!

View attachment 3607083

Hi guys! Does anyone have a sheep skin bag? I love caviar and goat skin sometimes calf but never had a sheepskin before? How is it holding up? I'm so curious, coz I love this bag but the fact that it's sheep makes me scared, I take care of my bags but I also want them to be scratch proof or resistant that's why I love caviar and goat skin more? Thoughts? Please help! Thank you!

I just bought this same bag :smile: I was drawn to the fact that it is sheepskin which I think is more durable and will take the wear of everyday use but that's not to say that one should be bashing around the bag more than needed. I have had good experience with another sheepskin bag (a YSL tote) for the last 5 years...the leather has seasoned nicely with a smoother feel and still looks good.
As another reference for you - I also got a flat wallet in aged calfskin from the Cuba Cruise 17 collection and that leather is also holding up well in terms of handling plus I like the slightly "rugged" look of the leather grain. Hope this info helps!

Reactions: raspberrypink
I just bought this same bag :smile: I was drawn to the fact that it is sheepskin which I think is more durable and will take the wear of everyday use but that's not to say that one should be bashing around the bag more than needed. I have had good experience with another sheepskin bag (a YSL tote) for the last 5 years...the leather has seasoned nicely with a smoother feel and still looks good.
As another reference for you - I also got a flat wallet in aged calfskin from the Cuba Cruise 17 collection and that leather is also holding up well in terms of handling plus I like the slightly "rugged" look of the leather grain. Hope this info helps!

Thank you!!! That helps so much! It's so pretty right? Btw, is this called so black? Hehe thank you! I'm not really familiar with this style! [emoji7]

Thank you!!! That helps so much! It's so pretty right? Btw, is this called so black? Hehe thank you! I'm not really familiar with this style! [emoji7]

Hope you enjoy your new bag soon ;) Yes, this is the "so black" 2.55 or Reissue...referring to the black hardware. I am keeping my collection to black hardware only so that I don't get tempted into buying other GHW/SHW bags!!

Reactions: skippydoo2010
Hope you enjoy your new bag soon ;) Yes, this is the "so black" 2.55 or Reissue...referring to the black hardware. I am keeping my collection to black hardware only so that I don't get tempted into buying other GHW/SHW bags!!

Hi again! Still saving up for it but it has always been on my wish list hehe :smile: wow! Good for you!!! So happy that you have my dream bag! I love black hardware coz I also have an edge style! Btw, what size did you get? I'm still deciding between the 225 or 226? [emoji7]

Yes![emoji4] i tried researching about sheep skin leather but cannot find one online ;(

Hi there,

I have 17P's sheepskin reissue but in the blue with a pop of fuschia in the inner leather lining. I generally love lamb, right down to my SLGs, but I am happy to report that the sheepskin is indeed sturdy and more worry-free. I think less so than cavier but more akin to smooth calfskin? I haven't dabbled with goatskin yet, so I can't offer a comparison there. Hope this helps, and best of luck choosing - the reissues are gorgeous!

Hi there,

I have 17P's sheepskin reissue but in the blue with a pop of fuschia in the inner leather lining. I generally love lamb, right down to my SLGs, but I am happy to report that the sheepskin is indeed sturdy and more worry-free. I think less so than cavier but more akin to smooth calfskin? I haven't dabbled with goatskin yet, so I can't offer a comparison there. Hope this helps, and best of luck choosing - the reissues are gorgeous!

Hi there! Thank you! Making me feel better! That was so helpful! So you mean caviar is more sturdy but sheep is comparable to calf skin? :smile: what's akin dear? Thank you love!

Hi again! Still saving up for it but it has always been on my wish list hehe :smile: wow! Good for you!!! So happy that you have my dream bag! I love black hardware coz I also have an edge style! Btw, what size did you get? I'm still deciding between the 225 or 226? [emoji7]

Thank you so much and I hope I will be able to return good bag wishes to you when you get your dream bag! Sounds like we are black hardware twins as I also like its edginess. For this round, I got the larger size of the two which probably equates to the 226 (it was odd as the SA kept referring to the bags "small" and "medium" and she didn't want to relate them to the 225/226 ratings). I initially wanted to get the 225 but then concluded that the 226 size is better to use for daytime and more formal occasions.

Thank you so much and I hope I will be able to return good bag wishes to you when you get your dream bag! Sounds like we are black hardware twins as I also like its edginess. For this round, I got the larger size of the two which probably equates to the 226 (it was odd as the SA kept referring to the bags "small" and "medium" and she didn't want to relate them to the 225/226 ratings). I initially wanted to get the 225 but then concluded that the 226 size is better to use for daytime and more formal occasions.

Thank you! I really appreciate your lengthy replies! They're so helpful! I know! My sa said I could do the 225 coz of my height since I'm petite but I want the 226, she said I could do the 226 just don't use it as crossbody coz it'll look bigger :sad: wish I was taller so I could do the 226 crossbody :sad: I'm 5"2 [emoji5] I love how big the 226 is for everyday you're right!!!

Hi there! Thank you! Making me feel better! That was so helpful! So you mean caviar is more sturdy but sheep is comparable to calf skin? :smile: what's akin dear? Thank you love!

It's my pleasure. Yes, I think the general opinion is that caviar is the sturdiest of the Chanel leathers I believe. Sheepskin to me, is more similar to smooth calfskin - not as delicate as lambskin. I got mine in the 225 size as I am small-framed too. It fits my Chanel small wallet, zippy cardholder/coin purse, the wallet dust bag against one side of the bag that protects the leather lining from the CC logos, a little velvet drawstring bag with my lip balm, lip gloss and concealer, 2 iPhone 7, iPods in its case - all comfortably.

I am still loving the length of the reissue chains as it means I can wear my bag 4 ways! Hope this helps.