Buyer swears she has a PayPal account but eBay says she doesn't??

Several messages from a buyer who says she can't get through to pay, and would I mind sending a payment request to her email address? When I look at my buyer reqs there are several attempts all from the same buyer rejected due to the buyer having no PayPal account. I tell the buyer this, and inform her I only transact through eBay and PayPal - and she assures me she does have a PayPal account. Has anyone come across this? I'm not convinced its a genuine problem with eBay, and I think she may be being untruthful, so I've blocked her anyway, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has had similar?

Several messages from a buyer who says she can't get through to pay, and would I mind sending a payment request to her email address? When I look at my buyer reqs there are several attempts all from the same buyer rejected due to the buyer having no PayPal account. I tell the buyer this, and inform her I only transact through eBay and PayPal - and she assures me she does have a PayPal account. Has anyone come across this? I'm not convinced its a genuine problem with eBay, and I think she may be being untruthful, so I've blocked her anyway, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has had similar?

Has this buyer bought this item already and is trying to pay? Or is it a buy now item she's trying to purchase and can't because she doesn't have a "proper" PP account? She might think she has a PP account if she has been paying via her CC via PP without actually registering for a full PP account. What's the buyer feedback like?

Has this buyer bought this item already and is trying to pay? Or is it a buy now item she's trying to purchase and can't because she doesn't have a "proper" PP account? She might think she has a PP account if she has been paying via her CC via PP without actually registering for a full PP account. What's the buyer feedback like?
True, I hadn't thought of that. It's BIN - her feedback seems ok, she's sold a few things but bought a lot of very cheap items though. I haven't heard anything more from her - and I'm thinking if I was in that position I'd be upset and on the phone to eBay or PayPal to sort it out. It just seems odd to me.

True, I hadn't thought of that. It's BIN - her feedback seems ok, she's sold a few things but bought a lot of very cheap items though. I haven't heard anything more from her - and I'm thinking if I was in that position I'd be upset and on the phone to eBay or PayPal to sort it out. It just seems odd to me.
Depends how badly she wants the item I guess. She might not be that bothered. Plus buyers do tend to assume it's the seller at fault rather than the system!

Another possibility is that she has an account but it's linked to a different email address than the one she uses for ebay. It's possible for a Paypal account holder to link multiple emails to one account but it has to be done by the buyer.

Reactions: Evia