Another Goyard cracking...

Zed82

Feb 1, 2017
So, after two weeks wearing the Grand Bleu GM the canvas cracked on the spot where the lid creases when the bag is worn on shoulder. Contacted Goyard and want everybody to know what kind of quality you´re buying into. This is a 2800 euro bag and is like new. Worn very carefully.

Interesting that the canvas tore. Sorry this has happened to your beautiful bag. What did Goyard say?

Don´t know yet. E-mailed Goyard in Paris about it. Bought via proxy so don´t have receipt either.

I am not too optimistic on Goyard solving the issue. Just mad at myself for spending money on such crap. A plastic bag from the grocery shop would have lasted longer.

Just so you're aware, it took a few days for Goyard services to respond back to me re my tote. I'll also add that in the past when I emailed them twice about items in their store they never responded. If you don't hear back, I'd find out where the item was purchased and email that store directly and cc services and headquarters. The email address of each store is on the Goyard website. It's usually the city name at Goyard dot com.

Just so you're aware, it took a few days for Goyard services to respond back to me re my tote. I'll also add that in the past when I emailed them twice about items in their store they never responded. If you don't hear back, I'd find out where the item was purchased and email that store directly and cc services and headquarters. The email address of each store is on the Goyard website. It's usually the city name at Goyard dot com.
Thanks, i called the main store on 233 Saint Honore and got a e-mail address. Just have to wait now.

It´s bought in August 2016 but only worn the last two weeks. Think I managed to find the receipt after all.

My guess unfortunately is that you will be SOL (sorry out of luck). I contacted Goyard after just three months. Your best bet, if available, is to file a complaint with a consumer agency if there is one in your country or the EU. I've filed two complaints and Goyard so far appears to be ignoring one. The other one is in queue with an attorney general office. Interested to hear what they (Goyard) say. I am guessing it will be something like: Goyard takes pride in the quality of its products and what has happened to your bag is from normal wear and tear and is just the natural evolution of our product yada yada. Yeah no.

My guess unfortunately is that you will be SOL (sorry out of luck). I contacted Goyard after just three months. Your best bet, if available, is to file a complaint with a consumer agency if there is one in your country or the EU. I've filed two complaints and Goyard so far appears to be ignoring one. The other one is in queue with an attorney general office. Interested to hear what they (Goyard) say. I am guessing it will be something like: Goyard takes pride in the quality of its products and what has happened to your bag is from normal wear and tear and is just the natural evolution of our product yada yada. Yeah no.
Well, we'll see about that. The consumer laws in EU are quite strong. Of course it's going to be a process in worst case but in the end they have to replace or repair.

Reactions: Shelly319
Well, we'll see about that. The consumer laws in EU are quite strong. Of course it's going to be a process in worst case but in the end they have to replace or repair.

You're lucky. I haven't had a chance to look into the laws here. Please keep us posted as to whether you are able to get the item fixed or get a new crossbody.

I have a grand bleu GM bought years ago. I used occasionally but so far, no cracking issue like yours.

This really makes me thinking about my earlier suspicion of deteriorating quality of new batches of their products. :sad:(

I have a grand bleu GM bought years ago. I used occasionally but so far, no cracking issue like yours.

This really makes me thinking about my earlier suspicion of deteriorating quality of new batches of their products. :sad:(

Thanks for your input. Does your lid also crease in the exact same spot as mine? Do you have a photo of your lid?

No crease. But I can totally understand what you meant by the lid creases whenever you carry the bag on shoulder.

Grand Bleu GM design is very wide and boxy and leather used is very soft. So if it is not filled up, the whole bag will fold and lid creases. I only use it when I have documents and notebook to fill it up. When not in used, I fill the bag with tissue paper and store in dust bag to maintain its shape.

If the leather used is more rigid, I assume that the crease problem won't exist.

Years ago, grand bleu was using the harder, much more rigid leather but goyard changed it to the softer grained leather that we see today. Not sure whats the reason for the change.

Grand bleu is an expensive bag because of the amount of leather used. Nothing like the Saint Louis. The cracking of canvas shouldn't happen for such expensive bag, regardless it's a Few months or years of use.

I hope you'll get a good resolution from Goyard. Do keep us posted of their response.