Chevron Classic Flap & Chevron So Black Reissue - too similar??

Emerson

Apr 15, 2015
Would love opinion and advice for all you lovely ladies!!!

I recently sold my jumbo in black caviar with ghw. I know it's a forever classic and bought it for that reason but I couldnt bring myself to love it as it was bulky and the yellow gold was too much for me during the daytime.

I thought perhaps it's an issue with the hardware so I went into the boutique to look at the jumbo in caviar with the silver hardware. It's definitely easier for everyday wear but it didn't make me jump up and down!

Then the SA showed me a jumbo in a chevron pattern in calf skin and light gold hardware. The pattern is beautiful, so is the leather, the hardware is also somewhere between gold and silver.

My dilemma is, I have the chevron so black reissue in distressed calfskin already. Is this jumbo going to be too similar to the reissue since they are both chevron? Or Should I get the jumbo in caviar with the shw as it is the classic classic? Or simply wait for a little while and see what comes along?

Thank you so much in advance! I for some reason am keen to fill my "jumbo emptiness" (maybe should have only sold after I found a better alternative...)

This will be my only jumbo, just replacing the one I just sold and I think I would go for black colour again.

Attachments

• IMG_6833.PNG
    IMG_6833.PNG
    564.4 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_6834.PNG
    IMG_6834.PNG
    511.5 KB · Views: 1,033
  • IMG_6827.jpg
    IMG_6827.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,151
Do you have any Quilted Chanel bags yet?
It seems like you have a preference for the Chevron pattern over the quilts?
Have u considered a Boy for your everyday "jumbo" replacement?

(On a side note, can't help but notice the beautiful Pink and Red flaps hehe. What leather is the pink in? Are those the current season colors? :nuts:)

I have a similar chevron jumbo but haven't yet had much of a chance to wear it yet. I love the way it looks bc it's not the classic quilted so it feels less like it's screaming CC! Something beautiful about that chevron....

Out of curiosity, can you tell me what season it's from? What boutique did you find it in? Mine is supposed to be lambskin but maybe it's calf after all...?

Hi revangelina!
Yes I do have quilted Chanel bags, a boy tote and a classic tote from last year. And the jumbo that I sold.

I do love the quilted pattern so I don't know if I should get the quilted jumbo (just in different leather or hardware) or this chevron..

Yes the pink and the red flaps are beautiful. I believe they are from the current season. Not sure about the leather though.

(On a side note, can't help but notice the beautiful Pink and Red flaps hehe. What leather is the pink in? Are those the current season colors? :nuts:)

Reactions: Mik78
Yes I agree! What hardware do you have on your chevron jumbo? Is it the same light gold hardware? Mind posting a photo?

I'm not sure if the chevron jumbo is from the current collection but yes I can confirm its calfskin. It is very soft to touch, very supple, feels almost like lambskin but much more durable. I have a calfskin tote which is sbout 2 years old that I use for work everyday. No signs of scratches!

I have a similar chevron jumbo but haven't yet had much of a chance to wear it yet. I love the way it looks bc it's not the classic quilted so it feels less like it's screaming CC! Something beautiful about that chevron....

Out of curiosity, can you tell me what season it's from? What boutique did you find it in? Mine is supposed to be lambskin but maybe it's calf after all...?

Oh yes what size is your current so black reissue? I'm guessing a 225? So smaller than e jumbo?

Im not feeling that idea you should get the classic silver, simply because ur not thrilled!

However, the current chevron bag ur eyeing is also In gold hardware haha. Will u hav the same issue u did w the jumbo u sold soon?

(Because I hav both regular gold and light gold hw bags, n to me they're just of faint difference)

I'd say, you should wait around for your favorite combo. There may be the dark chArcoal coming up for act 2 :smile:.

Reactions: Emerson
I have the so black reissue in a 226. It fits almost as much as the jumbo.

Oh a charcoal jumbo sounds dreamy!!! How did you know that's what I like?? Would you by any chance have photos of it ? What hardware does it come with? Is it ruthenium? Caviar leather?

When does Act 2 become available in the stores? Thank you so much for the heads up!
I will wait and not settle, even though I really want my jumbo spot to be filled again!

Oh yes what size is your current so black reissue? I'm guessing a 225? So smaller than e jumbo?

Im not feeling that idea you should get the classic silver, simply because ur not thrilled!

However, the current chevron bag ur eyeing is also In gold hardware haha. Will u hav the same issue u did w the jumbo u sold soon?

(Because I hav both regular gold and light gold hw bags, n to me they're just of faint difference)

I'd say, you should wait around for your favorite combo. There may be the dark chArcoal coming up for act 2 :smile:.

The pink one is a glazed python, i'm not sure what season it's from but it's recent seasons as I've seen it around stores. HTH.

Thank you so much Passau !
Yes I will wait for the right combo... when I sold the black jumbo I didn't think I would miss one as much because I hardly used it, mainly because the gold was too much for me.
Hopefully my vacancy will be filled as soon as March!!! Thank you!

Glad you decided to wait to fill your jumbo "vacancy"....Act II should be out in March.....

I have the so black reissue in a 226. It fits almost as much as the jumbo.

Oh a charcoal jumbo sounds dreamy!!! How did you know that's what I like?? Would you by any chance have photos of it ? What hardware does it come with? Is it ruthenium? Caviar leather?

When does Act 2 become available in the stores? Thank you so much for the heads up!
I will wait and not settle, even though I really want my jumbo spot to be filled again!

Yess dark charcoal sounds lovely! But unfortunately I haven't got pictures of it. I'd love to check it out too. I'll update u again when I hav more precise info :smile:. It'll b out March/April (n of course depending on where ur from)

Reactions: Vanana and Emerson
The pink one is a glazed python, i'm not sure what season it's from but it's recent seasons as I've seen it around stores. HTH.

Thanks so much Vanana for the information :biggrin:. Glazed Python sounds so pretty. But it does look like my 2015 Valentine's Day Python bag; I guess that's why I'm v much allured by it haha. Cant resist pink n red chanels

Reactions: Vanana
Do you like ruthenium HW? My local nm has a black jumbo with RHW and I thought it was really pretty. The chevron is nice but it's gold again? Maybe wait for chevron with silver?

Oh Revangelina! Thank you so much, yes please do post pictures if you ever come across photos of the dark charcoal!! Can't wait:P:heart::heart:

Yess dark charcoal sounds lovely! But unfortunately I haven't got pictures of it. I'd love to check it out too. I'll update u again when I hav more precise info :smile:. It'll b out March/April (n of course depending on where ur from)

Hi nashpoo!
Yes I love ruthenium HW, especially on boys. I did enquire this week if there was a jumbo with ruthenium hardware at my local store but unfortunately they don't.... that's ok, will keep searching for the right one and not settle just to fill my jumbo emptiness! :wave::wave:

Do you like ruthenium HW? My local nm has a black jumbo with RHW and I thought it was really pretty. The chevron is nice but it's gold again? Maybe wait for chevron with silver?