Should I keep this?

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
IMG_1228.JPG IMG_1229.JPG IMG_1230.JPG Hi!

I'm in need of advice. I purchased this preloved 2.55 Reissue 227, I have a few concerns.

First the chain looks "tarnished". Some parts of the chain look grayish.EDIT* I just looked at the pics and its mot really apparent the gray spots, but it is really obvious when you look at the chain in any type of lighting.

Second the turnlock looks aged. Is it supposed to look like that?

Also the bottom is bowed out a bit. I think that's an easy fix just by setting something heavy in it and leaving it for a few days.

I really most concerned about the chain.

Overall I love this bag and size is perfect!

Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: SugarHazard
If you got it for a good price or just love it lots I recommend that you send it to a reputable place and have hardware refurbished. Beautiful reissue.

Thanks Vanana for your response. I do love this bag a lot, and if I'm not mistaken this bag was just released this year or last year correct? The serial number is 231XXXXX. I feel like I got a fair deal vs. buying new considering the age of the bag.

Is a beautiful reissue. Is it the brandished gold finish ie almost looks like matt gold or brass in places? I have a bag with this finish and live it against the leather, but do not have grey spots so perhaps get these
Checked. Good luck!

Is a beautiful reissue. Is it the brandished gold finish ie almost looks like matt gold or brass in places? I have a bag with this finish and live it against the leather, but do not have grey spots so perhaps get these
Checked. Good luck!
It's almost like the finish on the straps have been worn off, or maybe its the way its supposed to look and I'm not familiar with it. Maybe that is the intended finish, especially since the leather is distressed looking.....? Does anyone have this bag?

It's almost like the finish on the straps have been worn off, or maybe its the way its supposed to look and I'm not familiar with it. Maybe that is the intended finish, especially since the leather is distressed looking.....? Does anyone have this bag?
I'm looking at my 17c reissue lucky charm bag, the hardware is same as your description. Its designed like this.

Sent from my SM-G920T using PurseForum mobile app

I'm looking at my 17c reissue lucky charm bag, the hardware is same as your description. Its designed like this.

Sent from my SM-G920T using PurseForum mobile app

Thank you so much! It's funny because as I look at the chain, it kind of changes in the light. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

I have the exact same bag in 226. The chain and lock look aged since day1. I asked SA about it. She said it is matte gold, it's supposed to give an antique look. This bag is just from last year so it's not that old. Good luck with your decision!

I have the exact same bag in 226. The chain and lock look aged since day1. I asked SA about it. She said it is matte gold, it's supposed to give an antique look. This bag is just from last year so it's not that old. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you! I cut the tags so she's mine now! I absolutely adore this bag.

I have a puzzle reissue and the hardware pretty much same as yours.. it's more of antique looking finish.. keep it
Definitely normal! This reissue chain is meant to have a vintage look. What a gorgeous reissue!

That looks like a beautiful bag to me. I believe the hardware is supposed to be like that...it's a keeper!!!

I have a puzzle reissue and the hardware pretty much same as yours.. it's more of antique looking finish.. keep it

I love this bag. I carried her today and I love it. Thanks guys for your help.

It's a beautiful bag! And yess my reissue in gold hardware has that "tarnished" look. But it goes well w the distressed leather look. And frankly, it helps hide misperfections hehe.