Stuck - should I sell off my black caviar M/l in shw

Oct 3, 2014
I have three black bags and I'm finding it too much.
I have black jumbo lambskin in ghw serial 19xxx which was my first chanel from the flagship store during my hols in Paris.
Last year during Christmas I bought a black m/l caviar in shw serial 23xxx, a black old medium lambskin boy in aged goldhardware and a pink medium coco handle rhw.

Which should I cut down? I'm the type of person that can't stand having too much of a same black color.
Aft cutting down one of it should I purchase another m/l in another color or a mini rectangular which I do not have one in my own collection or should I just keep the money as I have overspent 25,000 usd just on bags n a Rolex last year.

If you use the boy, I would not sell it. That makes a nice evening bag.
I would sell either the jumbo lambskin (if you keep the boy, you will still have a lambskin)
or sell the caviar m/l, whichever size you use less.
How much do you love and use the pink coco handle? It sounds cute but not practical for everyday use. If you use it, keep it. But if not, as cute as it sounds, I would also put that on the sell list.

I am the opposite - I love black Chanels so much and just mix it up with different hardware colours. I know, I know, I'm boring!

I think your collection sounds lovely and consider all those bags different enough to keep each.. but I agree that I would either sell the Jumbo or M/L flap if I were to sell one. Personally, I'd lean towards keeping the M/L since it is the only caviar and I love having caviar bags handy for when you need something durable.

Easy - Sell whichever one you use the least/haven't used much. :smile: can't go wrong with that. If you use all of them and love using all of them, then you also have your answer... they're all great and it's not a mistake in getting them, just that you're experiencing buyer's remorse purely based on the amt of $ you spent. so perhaps ask yourself whether or not you can afford to keep all of them and just don't buy anything for a while till the guilt eases a bit by not spending on other things or for some time. It's a very painful thing to regret selling something that you love and is a classic - possibly at a loss... just my opinion....

Personally black bags are my favorite, so much easier to take care of! I know that people who are not fans of Chanel may not know the difference between a Classic flap and a Boy bag, but I know! I would keep the bags and not purchase another for a while as I agree with Vanana you may regret selling any of them.

If you use the boy, I would not sell it. That makes a nice evening bag.
I would sell either the jumbo lambskin (if you keep the boy, you will still have a lambskin)
or sell the caviar m/l, whichever size you use less.
How much do you love and use the pink coco handle? It sounds cute but not practical for everyday use. If you use it, keep it. But if not, as cute as it sounds, I would also put that on the sell list.
To be honest, I can't sell my jumbo coz it was my first and the memories behind it and where all my other chanel purchases are made. I still have a green chevron boy, a red timeless woc, a pink m/l, beige Claire jumbo caviar and etc but these are untouchable coz it's a fixed family.

I agree about the m/l caviar thinking to sell it coz if I can't touch my black jumbo n black boy, then this might redundant.

I am the opposite - I love black Chanels so much and just mix it up with different hardware colours. I know, I know, I'm boring!

I think your collection sounds lovely and consider all those bags different enough to keep each.. but I agree that I would either sell the Jumbo or M/L flap if I were to sell one. Personally, I'd lean towards keeping the M/L since it is the only caviar and I love having caviar bags handy for when you need something durable.

Sometimes I wish that my jumbo is in caviar..
So I could sell off the m/l flap..but the lambskin makes my heart sing although initially when I first bought the jumbo in Paris I was complaining about the zipper dent without even using it and thus far the Bag has only been used less than 3 times..

I love black bags and feel like i can never have enough black.. but if you must I'd get rid of the M/L or the boy. Which one do you use the least out of those two? At least if you keep the jumbo, you'll have an everyday sized bag plus an evening bag.

Easy - Sell whichever one you use the least/haven't used much. :smile: can't go wrong with that. If you use all of them and love using all of them, then you also have your answer... they're all great and it's not a mistake in getting them, just that you're experiencing buyer's remorse purely based on the amt of $ you spent. so perhaps ask yourself whether or not you can afford to keep all of them and just don't buy anything for a while till the guilt eases a bit by not spending on other things or for some time. It's a very painful thing to regret selling something that you love and is a classic - possibly at a loss... just my opinion....
I haven't got a chance to use any of those much..each of the bags I hv only used less than 3 times as I've recently quit the workforce and became a sahm. Financially, still alright to keep any of it but when I looked at my closet I can't stand looking at 3 redundant black bags.. And you're right I don't want to regret in the near future..but I just can't stand having 3 blackie..I actually almost sold off my m/l and I declined the deposit and kept it during the period but never used it (tho it's just 4 months of owning it) so I regretted not selling it, now again it happens but I'm leaning towards letting go.

Reactions: Vanana
I love black bags and feel like i can never have enough black.. but if you must I'd get rid of the M/L or the boy. Which one do you use the least out of those two? At least if you keep the jumbo, you'll have an everyday sized bag plus an evening bag.
Honestly the boy i'ved only used once, but m/l nearly 3! I like the boy tho coz it was what sparks me to get a Chanel in life, of coz I went to Paris and there wasn't any black boy with aged ghw, so I grabbed my jumbo as it was one and only in rue Cambon, the m/l caviar shw was also av but somehow my heart just grab the jumbo in ghw. Later on, the black boy was av I asked my personal shopper to grab it for me at a high price nearly a m/l classic flap price.

Sorry to bother every kind soul that replies to my nonsensical chanel dillema.

Honestly the boy i'ved only used once, but m/l nearly 3! I like the boy tho coz it was what sparks me to get a Chanel in life, of coz I went to Paris and there wasn't any black boy with aged ghw, so I grabbed my jumbo as it was one and only in rue Cambon, the m/l caviar shw was also av but somehow my heart just grab the jumbo in ghw. Later on, the black boy was av I asked my personal shopper to grab it for me at a high price nearly a m/l classic flap price.

Sorry to bother every kind soul that replies to my nonsensical chanel dillema.

Oh dear haha. It kinda seems like you might not be ready to part with either just yet?

Hahaha so I'm forever stuck I guess but I def wanna let go. It's just too much black. A funny thing, my friends saw them and said wow it all looks the same pls sell of two of them and keep just one.

If you're not pressed to sell a bag right now I'd honestly suggest holding off on it. I have a black maxi, black jumbo and a black boy and I don't think I'm ever going to get rid of any! Keep them all for now until you're really sure with which one you're going to be okay with parting with. It's probably a bad feeling to sell something then end up buying it again because you end up missing it so much haha