Many faces of Sofia

floodette

Mata Hari wannabe!!
O.G.
Dec 27, 2007
Hello, all.

Sofia has quickly becomes my fave bag. However, I notice that there are several types of Sofia, and I thought it may be useful to list down everything just to keep track.

The first or earlier version is Sofia with double closure: a zipper and gancio closure at the flap. This type is lined with tectile, I think?

My Sofias are the second generation Sofia : without zipper and lined in leather. It is also more sttuvtured compRedbto the first generation.

Then for 2017, I thought they updated the Sofia with braided handle now. Everything else looks almost the same with my Sofia.

And then there is Soft Sofia (Susana in US?). The flap looks curved instead of straight like other Sofias.

I will try to find photos tomorrow. Which type is your Sofia, btw?

@Venessa84 wow it's a beauty! the workmanship must be excellent to make python in houndstooth pattern like that.

mine are all the new version with leather lining.

and now they have soft sofia (or also known as suzanna!)

Reactions: Venessa84
Hmm, I thought mine was the second generation, but mine has both leather lining, a zipper and gancio closure. There is also the zip pocket in the rear, with 2 slip pockets. And then behind the gancio there is another slip pocket.

It is stiffer than the first gen. I think they changed it quickly the year after I picked up my bag.

Reactions: floodette
I just ran across the Ferragamo Spring ad campaign and fell in love with this bag! The new Soft Sofia (also called Suzanna on some websites) is gorgeous! I think it debuted in the Pre-Spring collection.

I saw it today and the leather is velvety--I love, love, love it! Especially in the Yuta (nude shade) color with gold hardware--first picture:

Salvatore-Ferragamo-Spring-Summer-2017-Campaign-003.jpg
ER_37_WMG_Ferragamo_SHOT1_0160_R2.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,138
I just ran across the Ferragamo Spring ad campaign and fell in love with this bag! The new Soft Sofia (also called Suzanna on some websites) is gorgeous! I think it debuted in the Pre-Spring collection.

I saw it today and the leather is velvety--I love, love, love it! Especially in the Yuta (nude shade) color with gold hardware--first picture:

View attachment 3604073
View attachment 3604076

Oh I LOVEEEE soft sofia. the organization inside also looks better than sofia (more pockets etc). however the velvety leather was marked with nail marks on the three displYed in Galleries Lafayette, so I dont know how durable they are.

If anyone has soft sofia, pls chip in.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
Oh I LOVEEEE soft sofia. the organization inside also looks better than sofia (more pockets etc). however the velvety leather was marked with nail marks on the three displYed in Galleries Lafayette, so I dont know how durable they are.

I know what you mean about the leather--the ones I saw also had scratches too! I wonder if the scratches can be buffed out.

I think I am going to buy it anyway though. I love, love, love it!

I know what you mean about the leather--the ones I saw also had scratches too! I wonder if the scratches can be buffed out.

I think I am going to buy it anyway though. I love, love, love it!

oooh, which color you have in mind? please post here your new soft sofia, it's very very pretty!

I have the tan color and I absolutely love it! It does scratch easily but true to what the SA told me, it does rub out. He said the leather has a lot of oil in it so marks are able to be rubbed out. Besides, I decided it will give my bag character. [emoji1] the leather is incredible supple and beautiful. I do try to avoid it in rain though because rain drops easily show on the bag.

I have the tan color and I absolutely love it! It does scratch easily but true to what the SA told me, it does rub out. He said the leather has a lot of oil in it so marks are able to be rubbed out. Besides, I decided it will give my bag character. [emoji1] the leather is incredible supple and beautiful. I do try to avoid it in rain though because rain drops easily show on the bag.
Planning to make it my next bag purchase! I have heard it's really big. Would you share thoughts? Also, any pictures of the bag is appreciated. I don't have any stores where I can see the bag up close. My only choice is to buy online. Seeing a few real life pictures is so helpful!!! I really wish someone would review this bag on YouTube.

Planning to make it my next bag purchase! I have heard it's really big. Would you share thoughts? Also, any pictures of the bag is appreciated. I don't have any stores where I can see the bag up close. My only choice is to buy online. Seeing a few real life pictures is so helpful!!! I really wish someone would review this bag on YouTube.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I think the size is perfect! I tend to favor medium
To large sized bags though. It holds all my usual stuff with a lot of room to spare which is how I prefer my bags (not overstuffed). I will try to upload pics soon!

Hmm, I thought mine was the second generation, but mine has both leather lining, a zipper and gancio closure. There is also the zip pocket in the rear, with 2 slip pockets. And then behind the gancio there is another slip pocket.

It is stiffer than the first gen. I think they changed it quickly the year after I picked up my bag.

I have the same one as you! It has held its shape well, and hold a lot!