Celine Receipt Differences

onepiece101

May 21, 2013
Hello all!

I recently purchased a Celine phantom cabas with belt tote from Yoogi's Closet. While I believe the tote to be authentic (I have also posted the bag on the authentication forum), the thing that is really irking me is the receipt that came with it. I have compared it to two receipts I have from items purchased from Celine boutiques in the US in 2016 and while all the basic info seems to match up, the darker, blurry, almost "copy & paste" background behind and the widened, squashed letters of the Celine logo, as well as the type of paper (regular printer paper and not the thicker paper that all my other Celine receipts have), the font used, and the way the smaller, thinner, stapled receipt appear look off enough to me to make me concerned.

This may be a long shot but I was wondering if anyone happens to have or remembers what a receipt from Celine boutiques in the US (the Madison Avenue boutique in particular) looked like in 2014 as that is the year the receipt is supposed to be from. I am wondering if it is possible that Celine had a different-looking receipt three years ago? I have attached a few images of the receipt and the person who had it previously had blocked out their personal info with white-out so I believe it should be okay to post it here.

Other opinions on this matter are also welcome of course. Thanks so much in advance!

thumbnail_IMG_3914.jpg receipt2.jpg receipt3.jpg

I have my receipt from 1/14 at the same boutique. Corrine was my salesperson and both my receipts are exactly like yours except where Celine is in too don't have that shaded area behind it. I would love to add a picture but I'm not sure if the administrators on this forum allows that

The "Bill To" and "Ship To" are in different font using serif type vs sans serif font for the rest of the receipt. Also Celine uses half sheet paper, not full sized 8 1/2 x 11, so if the original receipt was included, it should be smaller unless it was photocopied onto regular paper. The credit card transaction was processed at 1:11pm but Celine receipt not printed until 2:07pm. It's odd to see the time lag....

Last edited:
The "Bill To" and "Ship To" are in different font using serif type vs sans serif font for the rest of the receipt. Also Celine uses half sheet paper, not full sized 8 1/2 x 11, so if the original receipt was included, it should be smaller unless it was photocopied onto regular paper. The credit card transaction was processed at 1:11pm but Celine receipt not printed until 2:07pm. It's odd to see the time lag....

Wow, good point about the fonts of the "bill to" and "ship to" being different than the rest of the receipt, I hadn't caught that originally. It all seems so odd to me because why would you send an inauthentic receipt (which I believe this one to be) with an authentic bag?

As an update, I contacted Yoogi's Closet based on my suspicions and while they did not admit to the receipt being inauthentic (they asserted that their in-house experts had looked at the receipt and claimed it was authentic), they did send me a free return label (otherwise I would have had to pay return shipping for a regular return) which says to me that they can't really be sure that the receipt is authentic, otherwise why give me free return shipping? Thanks so much to the two of you for confirming my suspicions about this transaction. Shame that this had to be my first purchase from Yoogi's Closet!

Not a Celine expert but the receipt looks suspicious. The shadow on the logo looks like it had been copied and pasted from elsewhere, the font also looks like it had been stretched. Seems to be a poor photoshop (or the lack of) job to me...

If you want a second opinion you may be able to contact Celine store to verify the purchase. I recently did this with a different boutique and was sad to find out the invoices are fake as well....and they actually looked so real compare to these...

Not a Celine expert but the receipt looks suspicious. The shadow on the logo looks like it had been copied and pasted from elsewhere, the font also looks like it had been stretched. Seems to be a poor photoshop (or the lack of) job to me...

If you want a second opinion you may be able to contact Celine store to verify the purchase. I recently did this with a different boutique and was sad to find out the invoices are fake as well....and they actually looked so real compare to these...

Yes, the shadow and copy & paste look of the main logo bothered me the most. Thanks for informing me about being able to call the boutique and check which I could certainly do since the info under the white-outed parts can be seen from the back.

As an update, I contacted Yoogi's Closet based on my suspicions and while they did not admit to the receipt being inauthentic (they asserted that their in-house experts had looked at the receipt and claimed it was authentic), they did send me a free return label (otherwise I would have had to pay return shipping for a regular return) which says to me that they can't really be sure that the receipt is authentic, otherwise why give me free return shipping? Thanks so much to the two of you for confirming my suspicions about this transaction. Shame that this had to be my first purchase from Yoogi's Closet!
This is the problem with receipts which in and of themselves is that they can easily be doctored. The item on its own must be able to stand up under scrutiny. If you're 100% confident about the item being authentic then by all means, keep it and enjoy it. On the secondary market you can always sell it without the receipt. It's incredibly naive by buyers to assume that the receipt means automatically everything is good and there's no need for proper authentication. Besides Celine receipts tend not to be v useful anyway, they always have some sort of shorthand meaningless description about the item

Reactions: mrsinsyder
I am an authenticator here on tpf - FYI: we do not look at receipts for authentication. Receipts can be "made up", copied, forged. It doesn't matter. We look at the bag- several distinct areas of the bag to authenticate. I hope this helps you :smile:

Reactions: cotonblanc
I am an authenticator here on tpf - FYI: we do not look at receipts for authentication. Receipts can be "made up", copied, forged. It doesn't matter. We look at the bag- several distinct areas of the bag to authenticate. I hope this helps you :smile:

Thank you for the info! I am aware that the receipt doesn't determine the authenticity of the bag that comes with it. My major concern was that if the receipt was fake, then I couldn't ever really trust that the bag was 100% authentic and was wanting to know if a receipt from 2014 could ever look so different from the ones now.