Chanel Bloomingdales experience?

Apr 22, 2012
Hi everyone - I am considering buying a Boy bag from Chanel Bloomies in NYC (phone order). I've always bought my bags from the boutique, Saks, or NM and never had an issue. Reading reviews and old threads about Chanel Bloomies has me scared.

Questions:
- Do they email you a receipt upon order?
- Do they ship quickly with tracking number? Free shipping?
- What is their return policy time frame? Can I return in-person to any Bloomies that doesn't have a Chanel?

Thanks for your help! I just don't want a headache and I read some nightmare reviews.

I purchased a Reissue from Bloomingdales at Southcoast Plaza. At the bottom of my receipt is printed it can be returned for 365 days in saleable condition. Some exclusions apply. I don't have anything bad to say about my experience.

I tried to do a phone order, but they could not take my credit card over the phone and ship me a Reissue. Something about a classic v. a seasonal bag. Or maybe they didn't know me well enough. Are you sure they will ship a Boy? I tried to put my husband on my Bloomingdales card and send him up from San Diego to purchase, but there was a wait period for it to take effect. He ended up driving up, paying in cash and FedEx-ing my bag to me in WA. I was emailed a receipt as well.

It was more complicated than I thought it would be. But I got the bag I wanted.

Last edited:
Hi everyone - I am considering buying a Boy bag from Chanel Bloomies in NYC (phone order). I've always bought my bags from the boutique, Saks, or NM and never had an issue. Reading reviews and old threads about Chanel Bloomies has me scared.

Questions:
- Do they email you a receipt upon order?
- Do they ship quickly with tracking number? Free shipping?
- What is their return policy time frame? Can I return in-person to any Bloomies that doesn't have a Chanel?

Thanks for your help! I just don't want a headache and I read some nightmare reviews.

I haven't bought a bag from the Chanel bag boutique at 59th in particular, but I can tell you some things about shopping with them specifically since I am well-versed in their new policies (and I have two Bloomie's black cards). I also live in NY and frequent 59th Street.

1. You must either sign up for e-receipts at the time of purchase (person must put in your e-mail address) or already be signed up via your card. I'm not sure if it prompts you if you do not have a Loyallist account, since my accounts are all linked.

2. You DO NOT get any kind of tracking number at the register when you ship things from store-to-door. Everything goes downstairs to the shipping department. You may be able to call downstairs the next day to get the tracking information, but please also keep in mind that it is 59th street, and they get A LOT of phone calls, and it is harder to get information there. There also is no customer service desk there, which is dumb. I do have a manager's contact information. She's in denim, but she may be able to help with things in general.

2.a. You DO NOT get free shipping unless you have a Loyallist account. Generally, store-to-door was NOT free. I think they might have changed that recently. I know people say "yay," but as someone who has to spend at least $3,500 a year to maintain a black card (yes, easily done with one Chanel bag, but you get what I mean), it's annoying if this perk was taken away, because everything else has been slowly taken away too. :sad: It may be different in the Chanel boutique for this, since it is a) leased and b) much higher-priced luxury items.

3. Generally, the return policy is now 365 days, rather than an unlimited time frame throughout the store. HOWEVER, check with the Chanel boutique directly on this one. For instance, Fendi there is leased (and they got rid of all the other Fendi throughout the country (very sad) so they could just be leased and not have sales (very upsetting), and you only get a 14-day return policy or it's final sale -- too bad for you. Prada there is essentially final sale -- also leased. Since Chanel is leased, their return policy might not be the same.

Also, I'm pretty sure you CANNOT return Chanel to any store. They are not allowed to sell them in other stores, and if you return an old Bloomie's-owned Fendi to another store, they have to call a manager, lock it up, etc. If you buy a leased Fendi from 59th, you absolutely, positively, 100% CANNOT return it within that 14-day period to another store. It MUST MUST MUST be returned to 59th street, no exceptions.

I hope that helps!

I haven't bought a bag from the Chanel bag boutique at 59th in particular, but I can tell you some things about shopping with them specifically since I am well-versed in their new policies (and I have two Bloomie's black cards). I also live in NY and frequent 59th Street.

1. You must either sign up for e-receipts at the time of purchase (person must put in your e-mail address) or already be signed up via your card. I'm not sure if it prompts you if you do not have a Loyallist account, since my accounts are all linked.

2. You DO NOT get any kind of tracking number at the register when you ship things from store-to-door. Everything goes downstairs to the shipping department. You may be able to call downstairs the next day to get the tracking information, but please also keep in mind that it is 59th street, and they get A LOT of phone calls, and it is harder to get information there. There also is no customer service desk there, which is dumb. I do have a manager's contact information. She's in denim, but she may be able to help with things in general.

2.a. You DO NOT get free shipping unless you have a Loyallist account. Generally, store-to-door was NOT free. I think they might have changed that recently. I know people say "yay," but as someone who has to spend at least $3,500 a year to maintain a black card (yes, easily done with one Chanel bag, but you get what I mean), it's annoying if this perk was taken away, because everything else has been slowly taken away too. :sad: It may be different in the Chanel boutique for this, since it is a) leased and b) much higher-priced luxury items.

3. Generally, the return policy is now 365 days, rather than an unlimited time frame throughout the store. HOWEVER, check with the Chanel boutique directly on this one. For instance, Fendi there is leased (and they got rid of all the other Fendi throughout the country (very sad) so they could just be leased and not have sales (very upsetting), and you only get a 14-day return policy or it's final sale -- too bad for you. Prada there is essentially final sale -- also leased. Since Chanel is leased, their return policy might not be the same.

Also, I'm pretty sure you CANNOT return Chanel to any store. They are not allowed to sell them in other stores, and if you return an old Bloomie's-owned Fendi to another store, they have to call a manager, lock it up, etc. If you buy a leased Fendi from 59th, you absolutely, positively, 100% CANNOT return it within that 14-day period to another store. It MUST MUST MUST be returned to 59th street, no exceptions.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply! Wow, poor Fendi [emoji17]

I purchased a Reissue from Bloomingdales at Southcoast Plaza. At the bottom of my receipt is printed it can be returned for 365 days in saleable condition. Some exclusions apply. I don't have anything bad to say about my experience.

I tried to do a phone order, but they could not take my credit card over the phone and ship me a Reissue. Something about a classic v. a seasonal bag. Or maybe they didn't know me well enough. Are you sure they will ship a Boy? I tried to put my husband on my Bloomingdales card and send him up from San Diego to purchase, but there was a wait period for it to take effect. He ended up driving up, paying in cash and FedEx-ing my bag to me in WA. I was emailed a receipt as well.

It was more complicated than I thought it would be. But I got the bag I wanted.

Thanks for the info. And what a sweet understanding hubby you have! Mine wants no part of my addiction lol [emoji38]

Hi everyone I thought I'd post my experience in case anyone searches this thread in the future:

They do email receipt, but do not provide a tracking #. I paid $24.95 for overnight shipping, they did not offer free shipping.

The SA told me their return policy is 365 days? WTH, that is too long IMO. And yes I called and you can return to any Bloomies that does not sell Chanel.

Overall very pleasant experience and would buy from Chanel Bloomingdales again!

Reactions: designer307
Hi all!

Looking to purchase my 1st Boy within the next 6 months or so would love to know if any of you lovely ladies know about the waitlist at 59th. Looking for the black caviar old medium with rho hardware. Hoping this is the right thread for help.

Thanks much!

Bringing a question over from a different thread: Bloomingdales now charges sales tax for shipments to states like mine where there are no Bloomies. :sad: Don’t know how much I will buy from them now. I shop online and by phone with my Bloomies pretty regularly, but they won’t ship classics (cc flaps and reissues) to me. They insist they have to be purchased in person. This is after years of being a customer, cardholder, Loyallist “Top of the List” member, building a relationship with an SA and debating with the manager over their policy. It is the only store I know of with this policy about Chanel. Others on TPH say they get them shipped to them all the time. I mostly deal with the 59th St NYC store. What is the consensus on this and who is your SA? What am I missing?

Bringing a question over from a different thread: Bloomingdales now charges sales tax for shipments to states like mine where there are no Bloomies. :sad: Don’t know how much I will buy from them now. I shop online and by phone with my Bloomies pretty regularly, but they won’t ship classics (cc flaps and reissues) to me. They insist they have to be purchased in person. This is after years of being a customer, cardholder, Loyallist “Top of the List” member, building a relationship with an SA and debating with the manager over their policy. It is the only store I know of with this policy about Chanel. Others on TPH say they get them shipped to them all the time. I mostly deal with the 59th St NYC store. What is the consensus on this and who is your SA? What am I missing?
Hi do you have any particular sa from 59 nyc that you would recommend? Do you know if the 10% off with applying for a new Bloomies card applies? Or no since it’s leased? Thanks !

Hi do you have any particular sa from 59 nyc that you would recommend? Do you know if the 10% off with applying for a new Bloomies card applies? Or no since it’s leased? Thanks !

I just returned yellow and pink boy bags. I have tried to love them but just can’t do it. I do like the Boy WOC. My FA at Bloomies New York is was helpful but sent me the wrong shade or yellow and it wasn’t an accident. It was from a past season. Hen I contacted him to tell him I didn’t care for the yellow and it wasn’t the color I asked for he was aloof and unhelpful, refused to assist me with finding another bag (remember I just spent nearly 10k with him) and told me to call the boutique in NYC. I wouldn’t recommend using him.

So other Bloomies stores carry Chanel? I have a black Bloomies case and have placed 5 orders since the Thanksgiving. I have dealt with many Chanel FAs at various department stores and boutiques and have found very few willing to be super helpful. The ladies on here are far more knowledgeable and helpful in tracking items down and I appreciate it! Even Chanel CS gives erroneous information as do some of the FAs. I feel like they went to push their own store inventory on me instead of finding me items I want. Generally a C for customer service with a few exceptions. Bloomies NYC sucked.

Reactions: Jenna989
I just returned yellow and pink boy bags. I have tried to love them but just can’t do it. I do like the Boy WOC. My FA at Bloomies New York is was helpful but sent me the wrong shade or yellow and it wasn’t an accident. It was from a past season. Hen I contacted him to tell him I didn’t care for the yellow and it wasn’t the color I asked for he was aloof and unhelpful, refused to assist me with finding another bag (remember I just spent nearly 10k with him) and told me to call the boutique in NYC. I wouldn’t recommend using him.

So other Bloomies stores carry Chanel? I have a black Bloomies case and have placed 5 orders since the Thanksgiving. I have dealt with many Chanel FAs at various department stores and boutiques and have found very few willing to be super helpful. The ladies on here are far more knowledgeable and helpful in tracking items down and I appreciate it! Even Chanel CS gives erroneous information as do some of the FAs. I feel like they went to push their own store inventory on me instead of finding me items I want. Generally a C for customer service with a few exceptions. Bloomies NYC sucked.

I have a black Bloomies cc and I get loyalist points.

I had a positive experience with Heidi, she's low-key and not pushy. I was only buying a belt and she stayed after closing to assist me and even went out of her way to wrap it nicely.

Reactions: Kilowhiskey111