Chelsea Mineral Large Hobo

Mommyville

Jun 11, 2007
Does anyone own this, and if yes, how do you care for it...can you use Coach leather moisturizer/cleaner etc to clean it if it gets dirty? Also, the color mineral...can that color be worn year round, or only in spring/summer months? I havent bought a Coach leather bag in a VERY long time...only been buying signature, so this is a different kind of purchase for me. I just LOVE that mineral color and cant get this bag off my mind! Thanks for your help! :confused1:

It is Pebbled Leather, so I heard you are NOT supposed to use anything on it - at least for a WHILE. That's what the SA told me about the Pebbled Leather Shoulder Tote. I think it would be really EASY to care for - especially the MINERAL color!! :tup: I am not sure about a year-round color. I am sure you could pull it off, but if it were ME, I'd probably just stick with Fall through Spring - not really summer, IMO. But.....go for it if you like!! :tup::P

The SA told me it was"'vintage leather"...is that easy to care for? I have no clue b/c like I said I have only been buying signature for a while, and this color caught my eye!!!! Now I cant stop thinking about it!!!! LOL

Looks better in the catalog IMO.
It came in yesterday and after opening the box I was very disappointed.
She'll be going back.

I bought the mini skinny in mineral last night and already the back is a little scratched up. The SA told me it was vachetta leather and to not use the Coach leather conditioner or cleaner. I have neutral leather polish at home, I wonder if that would work. I'm actually glad I did not buy any of the bags in this leather because I would be really pissed once they started getting scratches on them.

OOOOOOOOh.....I get very upset when my bags scratch too...that's why I kinda moved to signature bags instead of leather (though now I have to worry about stains instead of scratches!!!!) LOL...I REALLY love the new mineral color....

I bought one last night along with the matching turnlock wristlet. Its a thick leather but I dont think its pebbled very much. Its a sorta faded color and its supposed to look vintagey.

I am taking mine back tonight to exchange it, I didnt notice a line from the distressing that I really dont like. I hope they have some left.

I looked at 4 bags and all 4 were different Mineral colors, from lighter to darker. So ask to see several. It LOOKS like you just want to dump a ton of moisturizer on it. The bags come with marks, lines and scratches on them. So that will be a turnoff to many. If they dont have another I like I will take it to the other Coach store in Scottsdale and see what they have.

They expect to sell out of the Mineral hobos by the end of the weekend, each store only got a few they said.

I also saw the Chocolate Carly up close and personal. They got ONE in so far and cant sell it till 8/1. I had them start a list, so if thats all they get I know its mine. GORGEOUS!

They did give me the PCE discount on everything. I bought the hobo, leather wristlet, dog keychain and indigo patchwork charm and I spent way less than $500.00.

Nice.

OOOOOOOOh.....I get very upset when my bags scratch too...that's why I kinda moved to signature bags instead of leather (though now I have to worry about stains instead of scratches!!!!) LOL...I REALLY love the new mineral color....

I just wish Coach would use a better leather than what they use. I think my Marc Jacobs bag is like Nappa leather and it has held up GREAT. I love the mineral color as well that's why I got the mini skinny. I don't want to take a chance with a bag. That's why I decided to get the shoulder flap in clay to go with it. They also have 2 different wallets in the mineral color if you want something bigger than a mini skinny.

oh I almost forgot, the mineral Chelsea wallets in both sizes were a HUGE disappointment. They look like someone used them big time! I know they want the vintage look but I dont want my wallet to look like its already been used.

[That's the thing....I stopped buying leather bags b/c they always scratched! I have 2 children, and when I go shopping w/ them, the bags ALWAYS seem to go up against a hanger or something and scratch...so I switched to signature b/c of this....that mineral color just caught my eye though! BUT if they come out of the stockroom all scratched up, I dont know if I will find one I even like!!!!! I am VERY picky!!!!! It's not good!!!!! LOL

quote=LoracNJ;3106514]I just wish Coach would use a better leather than what they use. I think my Marc Jacobs bag is like Nappa leather and it has held up GREAT. I love the mineral color as well that's why I got the mini skinny. I don't want to take a chance with a bag. That's why I decided to get the shoulder flap in clay to go with it. They also have 2 different wallets in the mineral color if you want something bigger than a mini skinny.[/quote]

Vachetta leather is supposed to develop a nice patina after using it for some time, but I don't think that you are supposed to use any products on it. I have a studded hobo from a couple of years back that is vachetta but scratches don't show up as easily as in the mineral- it may be b/c it is a light camel like color.

It isn't supposed to be high maintenance, but I think you do have to worry about keeping it clean!! JMO!;)

Imagine if they came out w/ the leather Carly in MINERAL????? THAT kind of leather would be better than the vintage, right? I have 2 kids, and cannot have a high maintenance bag....Thank you soooo much for letting me know that the mineral chelsea is high maintenance! That is why I buy signature....LOW maintenance...except you have to watch for stains!!!!!

I bought, then returned instantly. Four kids + vintage leather bag = trouble. The mineral chelsea is a high-maintenance bag and I am a low-maintenance girl :smile: (at least in my own mind:smile:)

I got the legacy shoulder in pond which is the same kind of leather. I was worried at first but after a couple days that has gone away. I have used it and can not notice any scratches etc at all. I guess it may be a high maintenance bag but I :heart: it too much to care. I can have one when all my others are really low maintenance. Its my only leather.