HELP! YSL wallet on chain or Chanel wallet on chain?

Help !!! I just bought a beautiful silver Chanel wallet on chain in lambskin . I have been told it is very delicate since it's lambskin and metallic .
I plan to use it as an evening bag .
Anyone has any experience with metallic lambskin and how does it wear ?
I really don't want to return it but also very hesitant to use it .

I own one & wear occasionally. It is fine but remember Lamb scratches. You can rub small ones with your finger to blend. The trade off is the beauty of the leather

Hi everyone - I'm fairly new to Saint Laurent bags but just hoped I could get some advice about purchasing the small wallet on chain. From reading through this thread I understand it has a longer chain than the larger wallet on chain, being petite this isn't ideal. However, I prefer the shaper edges on the small one (to me, it makes it more bag-like if that makes sense) and also the leather pad on the strap looks more comfortable. Is there a huge difference in what fits inside and does anyone who owns the smaller version and is petite know how it fits when you loop over the strap inside the flap to shorten it?

Finally how often are price increases happening? I really want beige caviar, powder seems to be available. Is this quite rare to come across? I've saved enough to purchase it but still a little hesitant to make such a big purchase!

I recently purchased a large wallet on chain from Saint Laurent ($1550). My SA showed me both the small and larger and it was pretty clear that the small one can barely hold much. I purchased the monogram Saint Laurent envelope wallet and I love it! The straps can be adjusted. Just have a SA show you in how to do so.

I don't own the small version but saw and tried it in the store. It is very small and fits very little inside. The strap is longer too and at 5'3" cross body wear a better option for you. The medium size length is better and more elegant without that leather strap on top. It is very comfortable. Holds so much more than Chanel WOC. 2 different looks. Quality is excellent. I saw one price increase in 2 years and it was modest. Beige powder color is gorgeous. Good luck!:smile:

Thanks so much - I'll definitely need to go try them in person to see. I'm hoping they'll let me even try put a few things in to test it in the store! You're right, powder is so nice!

I recently purchased a large wallet on chain from Saint Laurent ($1550). My SA showed me both the small and larger and it was pretty clear that the small one can barely hold much. I purchased the monogram Saint Laurent envelope wallet and I love it! The straps can be adjusted. Just have a SA show you in how to do so.

Thanks - that's good to know! I'll be sure to ask them when I go try it, definitely going to have to do that!

I don't own the small version but saw and tried it in the store. It is very small and fits very little inside. The strap is longer too and at 5'3" cross body wear a better option for you. The medium size length is better and more elegant without that leather strap on top. It is very comfortable. Holds so much more than Chanel WOC. 2 different looks. Quality is excellent. I saw one price increase in 2 years and it was modest. Beige powder color is gorgeous. Good luck!:smile:

Agree that the small is really really small, but if you like the size, to each her own. Just bite the bullet and buy the bag, you'll love it!

there's the new woc in tassle style. i initially look for the cassandre tassle bag and found that one which i loveee. has anyone purchased them? the thing that bothers me is the chain length which could be tackled by double looping around the flap but it seems ysl woc especially in lambskin one is less structured than chanel thus, affecting the structure of the bag. does anyone have the pic for the removable chain part? i kinda remember vaguely it could be adjusted from there instead of double looping it.

I purchased this beauty a while ago and it's been the first time I am trying to make a WOC work for me.

20170312_164117-jpg.3639421

She is beautiful and so elegant but honestly speaking I am struggling to fit all my necessities into this tiny little thing since I am usually a carefree tote girl. I have also considered the Chanel WOC but I found the YSL to be more edgy and fun as oppose to the Chanel one which is so classic that it's almost close to "grande dame" style, in my opinion. I love her on others but for myself see running the risk of looking too granny-ish, depending on the rest of your outfit.

Last edited:
I purchased this beauty a while ago and it's been the first time I am trying to make a WOC work for me.

20170312_164117-jpg.3639421

She is beautiful and so elegant but honestly speaking I am struggling to fit all my necessities into this tiny little thing since I am usually a carefree tote girl. I have also considered the Chanel WOC but I found the YSL to be more edgy and fun as oppose to the Chanel one which is so classic that it's almost close to "grande dame" style, in my opinion. I love her on others but for myself see running the risk of looking too granny-ish, depending on the rest of your outfit.

That is a beautiful colour, very elegant :smile: I used to debate between this and the Chanel WOC too but it was pretty clear to me Chanel woc wasn't the best choice for me (however, their classic flaps are my go-to flap bags and I save the colour black only for my Chanel).

I just purchased the medium WOC black with black hardware. I will be picking it up on Sunday, can't wait. Does anyone know if the black hardware chips? I was torn between the black and the silver hardware.