Eva Clutch strap clasp on zip - has it bothered you?

lovelyloey

O.G.
Feb 20, 2009
I'm in the market for an Eva or Favorite, so that I can stash them into my giant work tote and use as a lunch and errand bag.
I am in love with the Eva more, but I am bothered by the strap attaching to the zip rather than at the side of the bag like the Favorite. (For the same reason I did not consider the Pochette Accessories, plus I would like a crossbody. )
Just wondering out loud to Eva users, does it bother you that the strap attaches to the zip, or is it just me?
My concerns are the wear and tear and what not with frequent use, or just the sheer bending of the zip at at angle all the time causing some misalignment of the zip teeth. I'll probably be loading my bag with my iPhone, wallet, a portable charger, and keys. Am I overthinking?

I've had the Eva for two years now- used quite frequently and I have never given any thought to your concerns. The attachment to the zip area is really a non issue in my opinion- it is still in perfect condition. I have the one with the larger plate - damier ebene-on the front and if you are using the Eva in another bag it will for sure get scratched up just fyi

I'm in the market for an Eva or Favorite, so that I can stash them into my giant work tote and use as a lunch and errand bag.
I am in love with the Eva more, but I am bothered by the strap attaching to the zip rather than at the side of the bag like the Favorite. (For the same reason I did not consider the Pochette Accessories, plus I would like a crossbody. )
Just wondering out loud to Eva users, does it bother you that the strap attaches to the zip, or is it just me?
My concerns are the wear and tear and what not with frequent use, or just the sheer bending of the zip at at angle all the time causing some misalignment of the zip teeth. I'll probably be loading my bag with my iPhone, wallet, a portable charger, and keys. Am I overthinking?

I bought my Monogram Eva last Spring for the very same reasons as you! I also debated between the Eva and The Favorite but I liked the security of the zipper on the Eva and ultimately the looks of the Eva as an "everyday clutch" vs. the Favorite. The fact that the strap attached to the zipper has NEVER bothered me and wear and tear has never been an issue. If you are truly leaning towards the Eva you had better hurry because she is being discontinued.... she will forever be a true classic now ;)
Also, when I carry her in another bag, to avoid scratching the plate sometimes I keep her in her dustbag but most of the time I don't even give the plate a second thought and just enjoy using her!! Best of luck to you in your decision!

omg when is it going to be discontinued? I think I now I want it. I love it in mono but I have the favorite in mono so I prob should get in De. I heard they may discontinue pochettes too. Do you know if that's just rumor?

omg when is it going to be discontinued? I think I now I want it. I love it in mono but I have the favorite in mono so I prob should get in De. I heard they may discontinue pochettes too. Do you know if that's just rumor?

Read it in here. Seemed pretty definite. I dont have an Eva but a friend does and loves it. She said it's great for travel or a night out when you don't carry much. Check out the discontinued thread.

I love my mono Eva for a grab and go bag in my tote and for the weekends. I also love it as a crossbody bag while shopping or traveling. I bought mine pre-loved. It's a great bag and it never bothers me that the strap or chain is connected to the end of the zipper. It's very secure and strong. The only minor thing you might notice is that the zipper may leave some marks or tarnish on the vachetta underneath it. The Eva is supposed to be retired this year, so you'll want to get one soon, or buy pre-loved before they're too hard to get and cost more. 20161225_213038%7E2.jpeg 20170128_175633%7E2.jpeg I also very much recommend the mini pochette which is attached the same way at the end of the zipper and I've never had a problem. Use mine daily and have one that's 7 years old. Good luck deciding!

I have the pochette accessoires, the eva and the favorite PM. The attachment of the strap to the zipper has never bothered me and hasn't caused any problems.

I love all three bags, because they are so versatile and it seems to me they will never go out of style.

The Favorite and Eva both have plates that will easily scratch. That's why I wouldn't store them inside another bag every day.

For the purpose you describe, I use the pochette accessoire. It carries all my essentiels, it can easily be attached to the d-ring in my tote bags and it doesn't have a plate that will get scratched. The pochette doesn't have the extra weight of the chain that can't be detached. The pochette is more common and less elegant though.

I wouldn't recommend the Favorite for the purpose you have in mind. I think the favorite is the most heavy of all three and has the most delicate plate. It's also not very practical to carry in another bag because it opens with a flap. The flap is very easy to open if you're carrying it as a shoulder or cross body bag, but not if you put in inside another bag. I think the flap can also get damaged (e.g. curl up) if you're not always carefull with the way you the bag it inside your other bag.

The Eva comes with a lovely strap that I use on the pochette as well (the strap of the favorite is shorter and more delicate). The plate gives your bag a very chic look. It can be worn dressed up as well as dressed down. It looks good with almost everything and it can be used for many different occasions. It's one of my favorite LV items. I never put it inside another bag though, because of the delicate plate, but also because it's less suited for this purpose than the pochette. The Eva with (only) the chain looks a bit too fancy for work IMO. The Eva with the crossbody strap looks great with casual clothes. But I don't want to carry the long strap with me to work. My bag is already stuffed with so many items, so I won't take an extra strap with me just to carry my bag during lunchtime.

If it's just to use as a purse that you only use over lunchtime and that is stored inside another bag for most of the time, my vote goes to the pochette. If you want to use the bag for other purposes as well, then I think you are going to love the Eva.

Reactions: rkiz and Aliluvlv
I love my mono Eva for a grab and go bag in my tote and for the weekends. I also love it as a crossbody bag while shopping or traveling. I bought mine pre-loved. It's a great bag and it never bothers me that the strap or chain is connected to the end of the zipper. It's very secure and strong. The only minor thing you might notice is that the zipper may leave some marks or tarnish on the vachetta underneath it. The Eva is supposed to be retired this year, so you'll want to get one soon, or buy pre-loved before they're too hard to get and cost more. View attachment 3602719 View attachment 3602733 I also very much recommend the mini pochette which is attached the same way at the end of the zipper and I've never had a problem. Use mine daily and have one that's 7 years old. Good luck deciding!
Love the tiny charm on your Eva!!! Where did you get it??? Please share!!

Reactions: Aliluvlv
Love the tiny charm on your Eva!!! Where did you get it??? Please share!!
Thank you so much! Actually it's a pink Swarovski crystal ornament I had on my Christmas tree and when I was putting them away last month I thought it might be cute on my new to me Eva -give it a touch of Spring. I thought it kind of looked like a LV flower design. [emoji4]

Reactions: chrissy106
I have the mini pochette and pochette accessoires nm that both have the zipper and handle attached the same way and I've never had an issue. They are great pieces and I'd definitely recommend both!