Rehabbing an LV

Feb 4, 2009
I'm new to LV bags; what year is the S00026?

And because it's so loved it needs some repairs in the piping, and small tear in the leather. I purchased to rehab it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 262
I'm new to LV bags; what year is the S00026?

And because it's so loved it needs some repairs in the piping, and small tear in the leather. I purchased to rehab it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
I've never seen a date code start with SO but, if authentic, 0026 would translate to 0206 meaning that the bag was made sometime in February 2006. I personally would try to return this due to sheer amount of damage to the canvas alone; not only will LV refuse to perform repairs of any sort, including the piping, but the bag's structure has now been compromised and the damage will only increase and spread. Sadly this piece is beyond rehabilitation:sad:

Hi I recently bought this vintage speedy 40 but it has a tiny nick in it can anyone suggest how to fix it stop it from growing? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 192
Hi I recently bought this vintage speedy 40 but it has a tiny nick in it can anyone suggest how to fix it stop it from growing? Thanks
Are you specifically looking for vintage? If not then it would be worth returning, if possible, since LV will refuse to perform repairs on an item with damaged canvas (regardless of the actual amount/size/location).
If you have your heart set on this particular bag then for the interior I'd recommend either sewing the hole or an interior organizer - it will not only offer additional structure/support to such a large Speedy, as well as cover the damage to prevent it from being caught on by something like keys, but will help make your things easier to find. For the exterior see if you can find a clear sealant patch - they're often found with air mattresses, inflatable water toys, etc. - and cut a small portion (just enough to cover the damage plus a little extra for the surrounding area, enough to help form a tight seal) off and apply to form a waterproof seal that will also keep out dirt.

Are you specifically looking for vintage? If not then it would be worth returning, if possible, since LV will refuse to perform repairs on an item with damaged canvas (regardless of the actual amount/size/location).
If you have your heart set on this particular bag then for the interior I'd recommend either sewing the hole or an interior organizer - it will not only offer additional structure/support to such a large Speedy, as well as cover the damage to prevent it from being caught on by something like keys, but will help make your things easier to find. For the exterior see if you can find a clear sealant patch - they're often found with air mattresses, inflatable water toys, etc. - and cut a small portion (just enough to cover the damage plus a little extra for the surrounding area, enough to help form a tight seal) off and apply to form a waterproof seal that will also keep out dirt.
Thanks for that info I bought the bag as it was made in my birth year but was disappointed when it arrived like this but don't really want to send it back as they are hard to find

Did the seller disclose the damage prior to the sale?
Hi no this is where I am unsure what to do. I live in Australia and bought it from the USA and it wasn't disclosed the seller has been lovely but didn't realize it has a flaw. I am in two minds if I keep it it may get worse over time but also it will cost a lot to ship back to America too...

Hi no this is where I am unsure what to do. I live in Australia and bought it from the USA and it wasn't disclosed the seller has been lovely but didn't realize it has a flaw. I am in two minds if I keep it it may get worse over time but also it will cost a lot to ship back to America too...
Because the seller didn't disclose the damage prior to sale then it would be worth requesting not only a refund for the purchase but for the shipping as well - this should cover not only the cost of delivery to you (if the shipping wasn't free) but the cost to send it back. If you used Paypal then your chances of resolving this dispute should the seller become belligerent are improved. Most respectable sellers will usually just take it on the chin and cooperate though, especially if you're pleasant and reasonable.
Unfortunately, like I said, LV won't touch the bag now and that could be a problem if you plan to use it for many years to come (heaven forbid you needed work done on the handles or zipper if you know what I mean).

Because the seller didn't disclose the damage prior to sale then it would be worth requesting not only a refund for the purchase but for the shipping as well - this should cover not only the cost of delivery to you (if the shipping wasn't free) but the cost to send it back. If you used Paypal then your chances of resolving this dispute should the seller become belligerent are improved. Most respectable sellers will usually just take it on the chin and cooperate though, especially if you're pleasant and reasonable.
Unfortunately, like I said, LV won't touch the bag now and that could be a problem if you plan to use it for many years to come (heaven forbid you needed work done on the handles or zipper if you know what I mean).
Yes I spoke to my SA at LV and she said if I patch it up myself and then It needs work doing to it later they won't touch it it's just becoming a nightmare

Yes I spoke to my SA at LV and she said if I patch it up myself and then It needs work doing to it later they won't touch it it's just becoming a nightmare
That Speedy's essentially cactus in the eyes of LV, so make sure to clearly mention this to the seller. You shouldn't have any issues in sending it back and being refunded for both shipping and purchase so long as you act promptly and pleasantly. If all else fails then get eBay (if you purchased with them), Paypal (if you purchased through them), or your CC company (if you paid with them) on your side but give the seller a chance first.

That Speedy's essentially cactus in the eyes of LV, so make sure to clearly mention this to the seller. You shouldn't have any issues in sending it back and being refunded for both shipping and purchase so long as you act promptly and pleasantly. If all else fails then get eBay (if you purchased with them), Paypal (if you purchased through them), or your CC company (if you paid with them) on your side but give the seller a chance first.
Ok yah am for your help I bought through PayPal off a Facebook site I've been in contact with the seller so just trying to work out where To go from here