Victorine wallet wear and tear?

shyen1209

Jun 17, 2016
I bought this victorine wallet in June 2016. I just noticed that the outer skin of the corner of the wallet is peeling off? Not too sure what is it? Is this normal? Is this consider normal wear and tear? Not sure if you can see it in the picture. It's just a tiny bit of the corner. It's not too noticeable unless you look at it closely.

20170203_195643.jpeg

I bought this victorine wallet in June 2016. I just noticed that the outer skin of the corner of the wallet is peeling off? Not too sure what is it? Is this normal? Is this consider normal wear and tear? Not sure if you can see it in the picture. It's just a tiny bit of the corner. It's not too noticeable unless you look at it closely.

View attachment 3594604
I personally can't see anything but yes, after 6-7 months of use the canvas will naturally show a little wear and tear. It's nothing to worry about.

View attachment 3594673
Can you see it on this picture?
Now I can see it but it's still nothing to worry about; it's most likely caused from the wallet's edge rubbing up against your bag's interior and shouldn't spread. If you're close to a store you can go in and ask but the SA will probably echo my statement of it being natural wear and tear. I'd personally just enjoy the wallet, 'battle scars' and all, and use it in good health like it was meant to be.

Now I can see it but it's still nothing to worry about; it's most likely caused from the wallet's edge rubbing up against your bag's interior and shouldn't spread. If you're close to a store you can go in and ask but the SA will probably echo my statement of it being natural wear and tear. I'd personally just enjoy the wallet, 'battle scars' and all, and use it in good health like it was meant to be.
Okay. Thanks for your insight. It doesn't super bothered me but just wondering. And as long it doesn't spread. It's all good. I do like this wallet and enjoyed using it. [emoji4]

My Sarah wallet is several years old. I have been using it daily for at least 5 years. The canvas is still in perfect condition. Only the glazing on the edges shows (minimal) wear. I don't find it normal that the wallet is peeling like that after less than a year of use.

On YouTube there are a few videos about the abnormal wear and tear of the lower priced wallets. I saw a video on a Josephine wallet that looked just terrible. These wallets are a bit cheaper than the Sarah or the zippy wallet, but you still pay a lot of money for it, so you can expect more than this.

That is definitely not normal and i would jit accept that for a six month old or so wallet. You would have to scrape it on concrete for it to look like that. That is their defective canvas that they were using that was bubbling and peeling. My bag had that and for what i paid totally unacceptable!

I would probably take it to store and get it evaluated, doesn't seem right that the canvas is peeling. I've had mine for about 7 months now and I have been using it constantly - it's the only purse/wallet that I use. I don't have that issue at all.

However the glazing on mine is cracked, particularly around the folded edges and I don't know if that is normal :sad: might go get it checked out in store tomorrow. Doesn't seem right that it is cracking already, when my old Sarah wallet lasted me a good few years and never really had a problem with the glazing.