should I return this Fake Celine box?

raynah

Nov 18, 2016
Hi,
I bought one fake Celine box from one online store which has very good reputation. And the seller does not accept return at the beginning. So I disputed the transaction. And the seller contacted me to return that bag. And I called my bank agent, agent suggested me to keep that bag as a proof.
Later, the bank call me to return that bag to seller.

Can you give suggestions should I return that bag or not? If return, should I return with a good condition? I am just worried they would resell that.

Can you make it a little more clear? Did you buy it knowing that the bag was fake? Because I've seen this a lot where the person knowingly purchased a "good quality fake" but tried to get out of paying by telling their bank that it was fake and then not returning the bag. If you knew it was fake and don't want it, return it since you can.

If you didn't know it was a fake, call the seller out and show proof so that others know that the seller has sold a fake.

Hi,
I bought one fake Celine box from one online store which has very good reputation. And the seller does not accept return at the beginning. So I disputed the transaction.
I don't think there's enough information here.

1. How do you know it's fake?
2. Did you post in AT Celine and get confirmation?
3. Did you have it professionally authenticated?

I saw this post from December but it doesn't look like you got an answer as to authenticity:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-687#post-30912979

Unless you KNOW it's fake, you shouldn't be accusing the seller. And if authentic, the seller certainly is under no obligation to take a return.

And the seller contacted me to return that bag. And I called my bank agent, agent suggested me to keep that bag as a proof.

Can you give suggestions should I return that bag or not? If return, should I return with a good condition? I am just worried they would resell that.
If the seller agrees to the return, you need to return it if you want a refund. Why should you get to keep the bag and get a refund?

Reactions: bklner2014
If the seller contacted you and told you to return the bag then return it.
Unless you have written proof from a reputable authenticator that it is in fact fake you should bear the cost of the return. If you do get proof then the seller should provide a return shipping label.
Any time I hear the argument that a buyer doesn't want to return a bag so that it can't be resold I just :rolleyes:
It isn't your responsibility to save the world from itself. The first thing I think of is someone trying to scam a refund and keep the bag:nono:

I thought this seller was reputable (assuming it's the one in the link). It also seems as if you may have used it -- asking about the condition in which you should return it? Reiterating others -- are you sure it's fake? How did you prove to the bank?

Wow so you have had this since December, I presume you have had your refund.
What right do you have to decide whether to return or as your first post implied damage the bag before returning.
You have no right to criminally damage or steal another persons property which is what you are suggesting.
It is not down to you to be judge and juror .. return the bag and if you feel the need report it to the police and let them decide how to investigate the matter if indeed there is anything to investigate.
Also why on earth is a bank giving advice about keeping the item, perhaps it's different rules for different countries but here there is no way a bank employee would presume to decide ownership of property just on the say so of a customer.

The seller instructed you to return the bag & that is what you should do.
Thinking the bag is fake without proper backup is inappropriate & damaging the bag
is out of the question.

Last edited:
Sheesh, why do people ask questions and disappear when they don't hear what they'd hoped for?!?
And I called my bank agent, agent suggested me to keep that bag as a proof.
LOL! Perhaps the bank's attorney advised your agent that the agent and the bank would be as responsible for theft as you for giving that bad advice!

And perhaps the bank's attorney looked at HG bags and decided that for YOUR own good, you need to return it because HG bags probably has deeper pockets than you do when it comes to filing for theft.
I saw this post from December but it doesn't look like you got an answer as to authenticity:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-687#post-30912979

Unless you KNOW it's fake, you shouldn't be accusing the seller. And if authentic, the seller certainly is under no obligation to take a return.

If the seller agrees to the return, you need to return it if you want a refund. Why should you get to keep the bag and get a refund?
return the bag and if you feel the need report it to the police and let them decide how to investigate the matter if indeed there is anything to investigate.
I don't think there's even anything to investigate because the OP doesn't know that the bag is fake. So in addition to theft of the seller's bag, she's liable for filing a (potentially) false police report.

OP, after 3 months of "rental" after receipt of the refund, just pay the return shipping yourself and get on with your life.

Hi,
I bought one fake Celine box from one online store which has very good reputation. And the seller does not accept return at the beginning. So I disputed the transaction. And the seller contacted me to return that bag. And I called my bank agent, agent suggested me to keep that bag as a proof.

OP, you obviously did not see the Authenticators Signature where they clearly state @ # "4, I have personally stop authenticating without a valid auction link so seek a third party authenticators." ??????? You were either using a iPad or a iPhone? Which does not show an Authenticators Signature. So it's not the Authenticators problem, you should have used a paid third party for a small fee?

Instead you just kept Bumping your request over & over again?!?! So NO reply = Fake????? Seriously?

Just do the right thing and PLEASE send the BAG BACK! It's "THEIR BAG TO SELL????"

Reactions: Tallulahintherain
It is not clear that the OP has been refunded by her bank (assuming she means credit card). Hopefully she needs proof of return before she gets her refund. Or maybe she has decided to keep the bag because there is no evidence to suggest it is fake.

Strange.... @raynah started this thread on February 10 and there were no responses for 3 weeks, until the thread was moved to the ebay forum. The OP hasn't signed in to TPF since February 13.