Help me with medium vs large tote!

Nekolassa

Coach Classics
O.G.
Mar 6, 2012
Happy Friday lovelies! I literally have been looking and researching the medium and large tote for some time. I knew I wanted it second hand because of the price! So I finally found one with the mirror and in new condition and she's not that overbearing like I thought in large but I'm wondering if I should seek the medium instead. I don't want it to be like the campana where the medium is way too small. To me the large is like the LV neverfull just wider (depth) and if I add an organizer will be perfect. Anyone own the medium tote - can you chime in please[emoji8]. I only usually IMG_1486731876.376252.jpgcarry a wallet, cosmetic case, an lv 23 clutch and perhaps a book.

Reactions: ksuromax
Happy Friday lovelies! I literally have been looking and researching the medium and large tote for some time. I knew I wanted it second hand because of the price! So I finally found one with the mirror and in new condition and she's not that overbearing like I thought in large but I'm wondering if I should seek the medium instead. I don't want it to be like the campana where the medium is way too small. To me the large is like the LV neverfull just wider (depth) and if I add an organizer will be perfect. Anyone own the medium tote - can you chime in please[emoji8]. I only usually View attachment 3601183carry a wallet, cosmetic case, an lv 23 clutch and perhaps a book.
We should ping @jburgh and have her move this into the General BV forum. I think you'll get more replies there :smile:

If you search for Rete tote, there should be some modeling shots for reference.

Just to compare the dimension --
Large is H 11.8" x D 8.3" x W 15.3"
Medium is H 10.1" x D 7 x W 12.9"

I would go with large just cause you never know when you would need the extra room. Also the bag would get softer as you use it, so it would not be as overwhelming. Lastly it takes some time to get the right color and condition in the pre-loved market. I am a huge fan of the color you got! Keep it!

I have the medium and it's perfect.....I carry my BV long wallet, cosmetic case, coin purse, checkbook, Kleenex, phone....add my mini iPad as needed and a small knitting project and it all fits well, not overstuffed looking. It's become my most used bag and favorite style. I set the straps so I can throw it over my shoulder if I have to but I tend to hand carry. It's quite light which is a necessity for me.

I've had the large and used it primarily for work when I was traveling. It could easily carry my laptop, files and all regular purse items. In the evening I'd connect the sides and feel fine carrying less. When I stopped traveling I used it more for an overnight bag.

I looked at and wanted the medium but found it a bit too shallow. I'm 5'10" and also found the proportion a bit small for my frame. I've rehomed my large Rete totes because I found it a bit big for daily carry. So neither of this style works for me which is a bummer because the lines and are so pretty!

In terms of what to do, I'd ask how tall you are and do you carry larger bags? You don't carry much so it's not like you need the capacity. A medium will be a bit harder to find on the resale market. My initial feeling, is return and keep up the hunt for a medium. This is a big bag and you're already questioning it. Even for a good deal, that deal is keeping you farther away from what you really prefer.

Thanks so much ladies -I'm very short 5 feet and that is why I was asking! I also don't carry much. You're right I think the medium would suit me better. Thanks again [emoji8][emoji8]