Montsouris GM

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Hi- does anyone know what year the montsouris GM was discontinued? I know LV will still do repairs, but I am just wondering if I should do it now (replace the bottom vachetta) before they stop doing repairs on this item because it's been discontinued for over 10 years.

Hi- does anyone know what year the montsouris GM was discontinued? I know LV will still do repairs, but I am just wondering if I should do it now (replace the bottom vachetta) before they stop doing repairs on this item because it's been discontinued for over 10 years.
I have never heard about this ten year rule. That's surprising.

My SA told me that LV will be able to do most repairs 10 years after discontinuing- she told me not to change the handle on my Thames yet (it wasn't that bad) but if it gets worse I have up to 10 years from date of discontinuation. Apparently they store parts for discontinued items up to ten years, so getting a repair is most likely- after 10 years if they have the parts still they will repair it.
If the backpack was discontinued in 2010 let's say, I would feel confident in putting off the repair based on what she told me. It gives me a few years to continue using the backpack before getting it revamped.
So my assumption is after 10 years LV may decide not to carry the part anymore (my luck ;) and then I am stuck.

Reactions: Loveppamx