Home & Garden Need BIG tree planters

Nov 30, 2008
I have a fiddle leaf fig tree that has outgrown its pot, but I can't seem to find any super large planters in stores. Any that I've found online want an arm and a leg for them! I found one in HomeGoods last year that Im still kicking myself for not buying and I haven't seen any yet this year so who knows if they will get them or not.

Planter needs to be at least about 30" in diameter, preferably something like ceramic, concrete, etc. that won't crack or bust from the size of the tree. Even the pottery type garden places want hundreds of dollars for ones which are absolutely ridiculous! I mean, I'd be willing to pay up to or maybe a bit more than around $100 or so, but geez its just a pot to hold dirt! LOL

Would anyone happen to know of any other online stores that might sell them, reasonably priced, or any other types of places recommended to shop? Btw, I've already exhausted places like HD and Lowes. They just don't have anything that big. Thanks.

Have you Googled 'large tree planters'? Wayfair, Amazon, and some specialty online retailers come up for me.

B&M stores: Marshall's, Ross usually seem to have large planters in my local stores. What about trying a local nursery or hardware store?

Have you Googled 'large tree planters'? Wayfair, Amazon, and some specialty online retailers come up for me.

B&M stores: Marshall's, Ross usually seem to have large planters in my local stores. What about trying a local nursery or hardware store?

I have googled, yes. Unfortunately they all want upwards of $300-500 for one that size! I just think thats crazy! Didn't know if anyone knew of any other sites or stores that they have either used in the past or knew had something that size that didn't cost a small fortune.

The one I found at HomeGoods last year was only $79! I still check there as much as I can but its just luck to know if and when they will get any in. We also have a store called Old Time Pottery here that had some relatively reasonable, but I think they may have stopped selling them altogether now.

You may have to wait a few more weeks until HG gets all their spring and summer merchandise in. I know the ones in my area are not fully stocked yet. I would also keep an eye on places like Costco and Sam's. And lastly in my twin we have a couple of import stores that carry items from China and Mexico, including large urns so maybe you could check to see if you have local stores that don't have a web presence.

Did you look at local nurseries? If they don't have planters, they might have an idea for some other container like a barrel or lined wood box.

You could post on nextdoor.com. Or visit large donation stores like salvation army. People might want to get rid of large items.

30" diameter seems huge. Maybe a local potter or etsy? I would think pottery that large would break easily.

does it have to be tall? if not, could these work: http://www.cb2.com/blox-high-gloss-low-navy-planters/f15096

they do have a 30" planter in black or white but it's $299. they do send out coupon codes sometimes. http://www.cb2.com/shore-polyterrazo-extra-large-white-planter/s301580

Thank you so much! I never knew about this site. This planter is very close to what Im looking for in terms of being modern. I've signed up for their email alerts so maybe I'll get a coupon soon.