Is the PS1 bag no longer on trend?

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
Thought about buying a preloved PS1 bag. The preloved ones are incredibly cheap. Is this bag on its way out or is the resale value of PS bags really poor? Many of the threads in PS have also not been updated in many months or sometimes a year +.

I have yet to love a brand with a great resale value. Honestly, does one even exist? It's not just PS...I take hits on my Balenciaga bags all the time when I sell or consign. I try not to pay more than 50% of retail price on new PS bags because I rotate them out too quickly and hate to lose too much money.

You are right...this forum doesn't have a lot of traffic. It's a shame. If they would produce some PS1s in the large size then I would have something to chat about. ;)

I have 5 PS bags. A large coral PS1, A green medium PS 1 and a coral pouch along with a wallet in a chain in A orange color and a lilac large keepall. I bought all at 50% off or less on their biyealy sales so I am very happy with the prices. She also bought a beautiful yellow PS1 tiny bag from consignment at a fantastic price. I enjoy the bags and do rotate them depending on what size I am in the mood to wear.

As I have played around with many designer bags for over 30 years I sold or traded all my Chanel and still have three LV I want to put in consignment since I am so over anything monogram.

I find the PS bags are nice due to how well I can organize my things. My daughter will get my lilac bag to take to college. It is a perfect size for her and I prefer the PS1 style better.

For me I still love the pop of color in a beautiful leather bag to brighten up my outfits. I have never had any complaints or found defects in any of my PS bags. My only regret is I wanted to buy the green open tote on their sale last year and went with the medium PS 1 in green instead and now I wish I had the tote in my collection. Th eprice was too good to pass up but I did.

Reactions: Sferics and escstlu
I think the resale value has more to do with the overall market than the brand. Designer bags in general (with the exception of the LV neverfull) are garnering less in resale value. I think it's a combination of the economy and buying trends of younger buyers. Getting a great deal on a PS1 is pretty fantastic, and the style continues to be on trend--other brands still introduce their versions of this bag (satchel, top handle, divided interior). I think that PS is still the most contemporary interpretation of that design. I have a PS1 medium in smoke and a tiny PS1 in midnight, and I continue to carry them both regularly. Of course, you should buy what you love--in the end, I don't worry about what others consider on trend; I buy based on my own style and my needs. Good luck!

Reactions: Izzy48
I still love the PS1. I have two- purple and orange in large and green in medium. They are so practical. I agree that I think the resale value is down more because resale of designer bags is down rather than the brand itself

Reactions: MAGJES
Love my PS bags and I keep collecting more. Everyone has different tastes and the sometimes the market doesnt call for it but then after a while it does. Its like a cycle.

I love my PS1 bags! (4 med. ones) Beautiful colors and so practical. I buy and sell my Balenciagas all the time and the resale on those are very poor right now. I can't seem to part with my PS1 bags.....I love the flap closure (no zipper to mess with), the single little handle and the longer strap (The Bal city strap does not allow me to put on my shoulder like the PS1....it's just too short).

I love my PS1 bags! (4 med. ones) Beautiful colors and so practical. I buy and sell my Balenciagas all the time and the resale on those are very poor right now. I can't seem to part with my PS1 bags.....I love the flap closure (no zipper to mess with), the single little handle and the longer strap (The Bal city strap does not allow me to put on my shoulder like the PS1....it's just too short).
Same! Like I am still looking for a gorgeous XL bag, I want to use it for law school and as a carry on bag for traveling!

I love my PS1 bags! I buy them for the perfect pop of color and organization. The pockets in this bag are amazing and it holds quite a bit. I LOVE that I don't see this bag everywhere. I gravitate more toward the "unknown" like PS and Chloe, but also enjoy LV and Bal. I live in a large city and there are no PS boutiques here, so quite unknown vs. Bal and LV.

Reactions: MAGJES
Thought about buying a preloved PS1 bag. The preloved ones are incredibly cheap. Is this bag on its way out or is the resale value of PS bags really poor? Many of the threads in PS have also not been updated in many months or sometimes a year +.

It's funny - I actually find the retail values to be higher than some other leather brands. Unless it's a less desirable color they are all still selling at higher prices at my local consignment stores. I definitely don't think this brand is as popular as others, but it makes it a bit more special to me.

I didn't really want to start a new thread but I was wondering if someone can enlighten me on the strap lengths for the PS1 bag. I just got a PS1 tiny which I love and the strap length is just long enough so that it can be worn as a crossbody. Then I found a PS1 medium in Aloe green and the strap is much shorter. I guess I'm wondering if the strap lengths differed between different seasons or are all PS1 medium straps just as short? I'm a little bummed because I really wanted a bigger version of the tiny bag.

@pbnjam - Yes the PS1 medium has always had the shorter strap, I think from the beginning it was meant to be a shoulder bag (with the knot on the strap it was even shorter). They didn't want it to be a crossbody style, but got many comments on the strap length. After a couple of years they released the PS1 Pouch with the very long strap.

Reactions: pbnjam