SubWay Restaurant workers buys $1,500 pants from me… knew this was a scam

(1) buyer’s address is a subway restaurant, buyer claims “seller send fake pant. too small. seller send size 30”.
(2) So I ask for photos and surprisingly the guy sends me photos of my pants including the tag where size 52 is marked.
(3) So I give him a link to stores around him where he can go to authenticate and tell him the tag says 52, and he responds “ok but you don’t tell me if this is women or men pant”
(4) So I told him it’s listed under men’s clothing and show him the style code off the tag on another website where it’s for sale stating it’s men
(5) And he tells me he doesn’t want to hear my life story and he’s sending it back and gives me a tracking number, but never sent it back.

Had eBay close it out in my favor and now he’s opened a PayPal case stating “seller send me complete different pant.”

Should be a easy win I thought, PayPal will conference eBay, and confirm (a) case was opened for a different reason and buyer is changing his story and (b) he’s provided photos in the eBay case of the same item in my listing. But PayPal isn’t willingly to do the conference call which worries me. Maybe it’s just the weekend backup shifters.

Just don’t want it to go down the route of “send us a photo of your item”, and the guy drags some old blue jeans out his closet. Or PayPal askes him for a police report, when a police report doesn’t prove anything, it’s just like a notarized statement, maybe ebay/paypal thinks no one has ever lied to the police?

*Just a heads up there is a HUGE scam going around similar to this. Especially now since ebay gives buyer’s return labels and charges seller selling fees in lost cases. Scammers take advantage of scared sellers. Seller’s know ebay usually always side with buyers and figured they’d lose out on selling fees so they just willingly accept a return, but you won't get your item back. I am sure this guy would have sent me some cheap Walmart jeans in size 30. Then when I’d tell eBay this isn’t want I sent, they would just say “that’s what the buyer claimed, and you knew this, and if you knew this why did you accept the return” and take the funds.
I"ll call Monday, and hopefully get a rep to contact eBay and confirm the photos are of the same item and close it out. But just wanted to give ya'll a heads up about it, because on different forums sellers got scammed out of accepting returns and getting substitutes.

Last edited:
Just a comment: Just because the shipping address was a Subway restaurant, it doesn't mean that the buyer is a Subway employee.

(1) buyer’s address is a subway restaurant, buyer claims “seller send fake pant. too small. seller send size 30”.

Just a comment: Just because the shipping address was a Subway restaurant, it doesn't mean that the buyer is a Subway employee.

Sorry you're going through this OP. I have a question, when you printed the e Bay shipping label originally, did it list Subway as an address?

Damn that's annoying. I had a similar case where an item arrived safely with the seller, who then lodged a chargeback with their bank (not contacting me to state the item was not as described or anything etc, just because it was 'fraudulent'. I called Paypal and they were like there's not much we can do, but I provided them with all the evidence that the buyer purchased, paid for, and received the item before lodging this chargeback, so it became clear that I hadn't ripped them off. The buyer may have used a stolen card or something, but at the end of the day that's on the bank, not on me! So paypal gave me my money back but also said the bank could decide the case against me any time in the next 6 months!! Some people are just awful eBayers

Sorry you're going through this OP. I have a question, when you printed the e Bay shipping label originally, did it list Subway as an address?

nope, just used google. usually google their address for $500+ items to decide if they are poor and to get insurance or not lol.

Anyways, the buyer changed his story around yet again, this time for the better. He did a chargeback with his card company for "unauthorized transaction", so it closed out the PayPal claim and since it's seller protection eligible, the signature confirmation covered me and paypal released the funds.

Hopefully he doesn't change his story around with his card company into a different size/color as they probably can't see the eBay dispute, but I don't think the card company is going to play that game of reporting unauthorized then a week later say it was a different item.

He did send the item back and there is a notice left but I'll just refuse it. I think the card companies automatically give a refund if it's sent back regardless of the case

Anyways, the buyer changed his story around yet again, this time for the better. He did a chargeback with his card company for "unauthorized transaction", so it closed out the PayPal claim and since it's seller protection eligible, the signature confirmation covered me and paypal released the funds.
^^^ This is good.
He did send the item back and there is a notice left but I'll just refuse it. I think the card companies automatically give a refund if it's sent back regardless of the case
^^^ This is a problem.

If he shows his c.c. company tracking to show that you received but refused the item, you might find yourself with a reversed case.