Getting impatient!

Diamondbirdie

Jun 17, 2015
I'm eagerly anticipating my first LV purchase- I've decided on the Pochette Accessoires in Mono. I intend to wear this as a crossbody bag and want to buy a suitable strap at the same time, the one I want isn't in stock and might take "several weeks" to come back, according to customer services. Anyone have any experience of this? How long did you have to wait? They don't have stock in the stores, either :sad::sad::sad:

They are horrible with straps. I wanted to get one in Hot Pink Epi for my Alma, but it never arrived. I have also heard from others that straps are ridiculously hard to get. So I would just opt for something they have available, so you can start carrying your bag immediately.

That's very interesting to hear, thank you, I wonder why they do that? You'd think they'd realise the straps increase the flexibility of use of their bags! There apparently one in a store several hundred miles from me, I wonder why they can't just sell me that one online, v frustrating.

Reactions: LuxMommy
I ordered two straps last year. One was just a crossbody monogram strap, and that came in about three weeks after I ordered it. The other was a Cluny MM strap in rose ballerine that I ordered to give myself a shoulder strap option on my Luna, and that one took almost two months. It wasn't hard to get--I ordered them through my SA, and the order was confirmed, but they did take a while to arrive.

I didn't think of actually ordering it in person, maybe I'll give that a try- I was going to buy online but the strap (plus the zippy compact wallet that I also like) just say "not currently available".

Which strap are you trying to get? If it were a generic vachetta (as opposed to monograms bandolieres) you may want to consider etsy sellers who make vachetta replacement straps?

I'm eagerly anticipating my first LV purchase- I've decided on the Pochette Accessoires in Mono. I intend to wear this as a crossbody bag and want to buy a suitable strap at the same time, the one I want isn't in stock and might take "several weeks" to come back, according to customer services. Anyone have any experience of this? How long did you have to wait? They don't have stock in the stores, either :sad::sad::sad:

I'm pretty sure straps cost more than $100. You could get an Eva instead that comes with the strap already for not very much difference. (Eva is $775 vice the pochette is $500+ the cross body strap)

Which strap are you trying to get? If it were a generic vachetta (as opposed to monograms bandolieres) you may want to consider etsy sellers who make vachetta replacement straps?
+1. I would get a leather strap from etsy. Mcraft leather (etsy seller) makes excellent vachetta straps that are very similar to LV in terms of quality and appearance. (To be clear, they are not replica/knock-off straps, they're generic/non-branded). https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mcraftleather

Reactions: TrixyG and Aliluvlv

I'm looking at the mono adjustable strap, 16mm, I thought it would look good with the mono bag!

I'm pretty sure straps cost more than $100. You could get an Eva instead that comes with the strap already for not very much difference. (Eva is $775 vice the pochette is $500+ the cross body strap)

That's a good idea, I'm off to look at it! The mono strap is £150 here, which does seem rather pricey.

+1. I would get a leather strap from etsy. Mcraft leather (etsy seller) makes excellent vachetta straps that are very similar to LV in terms of quality and appearance. (To be clear, they are not replica/knock-off straps, they're generic/non-branded). https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mcraftleather

Wow, they do have nice things and they look good quality. Maybe I could get one of their crossbody straps and just wait for the LV mono one........

Wow that's crazy! I ordered a replacement Eva strap and it had to be ordered from France so it took quite a while. I didn't know the non-replacement straps took so long too! I agree with others who have said to check out Etsy. :yes: Good luck!

Reactions: Diamondbirdie