Can I salvage these handles or should I just replace them?

my LV neverfull mm handles are horrible - absolutely disgusting to the point of grey/black. I'm actually thinking this may be due to colour transfer rather than dirt (for the most part) as I would rarely carry it by hand - it's always on my shoulder - and I wear a lot of black.

I've been reading here about baby wipes, saddle soap, lovinmybag cleansers but I haven't read if anyone has managed to resurrect their handles from this state. I'm thinking of just having them replaced but I would actually like to sell the bag so don't know whether it's worth doing anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_6989.PNG
    IMG_6989.PNG
    82.9 KB · Views: 732
my LV neverfull mm handles are horrible - absolutely disgusting to the point of grey/black. I'm actually thinking this may be due to colour transfer rather than dirt (for the most part) as I would rarely carry it by hand - it's always on my shoulder - and I wear a lot of black.

I've been reading here about baby wipes, saddle soap, lovinmybag cleansers but I haven't read if anyone has managed to resurrect their handles from this state. I'm thinking of just having them replaced but I would actually like to sell the bag so don't know whether it's worth doing anyway?
I would get the leather replaced.

At that state of wear, I would have the handles replaced.

Otherwise, you can also try wiping the handles with a slightly damp (white) cloth so it can look a little more presentable if/when you decide sell it.

Reactions: champagne4lulu

By the way, your screen name is THE BEST on TPF! :tup::lol:
IMG_1433.JPG

Reactions: champagne4lulu
Not sure if it's the same price to replace the vachetta handles but I just had the handles replaced on my DE NF MM. I was originally quoted $210 but it ended up being $180. That was just the handles (no top binding or side ties). I'm honestly not sure of a product that would lighten them up. Good luck!

I'm in Australia and they quoted me $260. I'm wondering if it's worth it or if I shoukd just sell as is. I'm not sure I'll get much more for it. There's some Ben stains on the lining and a bit of grubbiness around the inside top. Some wear to corners so I may end up losing more money if I replace the handles and then sell iykwim

I would get a good leather cleaner and go to town. Baby wipes and an eraser aren't gonna touch that. Maybe a magic eraser but it would also dry out the leather and you'd need a really good conditioner afterward. I don't necessarily think I'd spend the money to replace if I was just gonna turn around and sell it.

I'm in Australia and they quoted me $260. I'm wondering if it's worth it or if I shoukd just sell as is. I'm not sure I'll get much more for it. There's some Ben stains on the lining and a bit of grubbiness around the inside top. Some wear to corners so I may end up losing more money if I replace the handles and then sell iykwim

Yeah given the overall condition it probably wouldn't make sense. I would probably try cleaning and conditioning them then sell it.

i would replace it, but try to clean it and see if you can get some more wear our of it try using a damp magic eraser and then cadillac conditioner, repeat until its light enough for your liking and it's not working- replace.

Reactions: MeepMeep67

What did you end up doing about the handles? And did you keep or sell the bag?

i would replace it, but try to clean it and see if you can get some more wear our of it try using a damp magic eraser and then cadillac conditioner, repeat until its light enough for your liking and it's not working- replace.
I've done this, its really works well!!