Rogue size conundrum

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Hey guys,

I've been waffling back and forth as to which size of Rogue I should purchase, and I was wondering if you had any helpful insight to offer or experiences to share when it comes to the regular vs the 36.

Pro regular size:
  • Would probably be more proportional to my frame (I'm 5'2")
  • Is cheaper
  • Is lighter
  • Would force me to be more mindful of what I'm lugging around on a daily basis
Pro 36:
  • Would have enough capacity to carry all my items (my current go-to bag is a LV Neverfull MM)
  • Will develop that nonchalant, slouchy look that I really like on a Rogue
  • Has thicker straps than the smaller sizes, which potentially means it's more comfortable?
Those who have one of each, which do you prefer? Those who have one of these sizes, why did you choose it over the other?

I would recommend the regular size, that's the one I prefer. Have you tried them on? I have both sizes and to be honest I think the 36 would be really big on you. I'm 5'8" and it's definitely large on me and I usually go for the bigger size bags but it's almost too big for my liking.

I would recommend the regular size, that's the one I prefer. Have you tried them on? I have both sizes and to be honest I think the 36 would be really big on you. I'm 5'8" and it's definitely large on me and I usually go for the bigger size bags but it's almost too big for my liking.
Thanks for your feedback! I've tried the regular but not the 36 yet. I'll head to the store tomorrow to compare!

I'm 5'3 and I bought both. I like big bags and I was OK with the size on, but the bag was just way to big for me to be practical - it was too big to find anything inside. I got the blue suede. I hunted it down on eBay and I used it one day and then sold it on eBay a day later.

I have 2 medium size rogues and really like them. I carry my laptop vertically.

I took the regular size home today. I actually loved every aspect of the 36 except for the weight! That just wouldn't fly as an everyday bag... I actually didn't find it to be oversized on my frame, but I am used to carrying a large tote.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I'm just over five feet tall and size 6. I bought the first gen rogue 36 WITH PCE and I could not handle the weight so I returned it. The 25 hadn't been released and I could never handle buying one at regular price having gotten the 36 at 30% off.

However a year has passed and I put that behind me and hope get a 25 soon. Actually I'm hoping to get the black/pink tea rose when it comes out if I can stomach the price lol. I tried the chalk tea rose last night and it's so much lighter even with the flowers. And I love the size.

Ugh. I caved and exchanged for the 36 after all. I really did prefer everything about it aside from the weight. Maybe I'll get into better shape lugging this around. [emoji16]

I am SO looking forward to seeing the slouch develop on this big guy!!