Rose gold diorama vs LV twist mm?

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Dear ladies,

I know I'm kinda late to the game but I just discovered how much I love the diorama [emoji7] my q is I was set on getting the LV twist in hot pink and now I can't decide..I can only get one first.

My q is how well do Dior metallics wear? I love bling and am considering the rose gold or silver diorama either medium or small. I already have Classic Chanel flaps but not the boy and I thought the diorama looks so modern yet feminine...

Would you vote for twist or diorama? The only thing I like more about the twist is the lock and epi leather which is very hardy [emoji16]

Would appreciate any thoughts ..thanks in advance!!

Here's a pic of me trying on the twist..

View attachment 3589053

Dear ladies,

I know I'm kinda late to the game but I just discovered how much I love the diorama [emoji7] my q is I was set on getting the LV twist in hot pink and now I can't decide..I can only get one first.

My q is how well do Dior metallics wear? I love bling and am considering the rose gold or silver diorama either medium or small. I already have Classic Chanel flaps but not the boy and I thought the diorama looks so modern yet feminine...

Would you vote for twist or diorama? The only thing I like more about the twist is the lock and epi leather which is very hardy [emoji16]

View attachment 3589053
I can't see the picture you posted.

metallics aka microcannage wears badly.
if you search microcannage you can find damaged ones.
better to go for a non microcannage of any bag imho.

metallics aka microcannage wears badly.
if you search microcannage you can find damaged ones.
better to go for a non microcannage of any bag imho.

Thanks for your input dear! I'm leaning towards the grained leather in small because of the wear of metallics n also the small size is so cute yet seems spacious enough [emoji7]

Dear ladies,

View attachment 3589053
I think that the gold Diorama looks a lot prettier than the Twist. I like the gold more than the silver version of the Diorama.

That being said, the perforated metallic finish is on the delicate side. Some members here have experienced some peeling at the perforations and some rubbing on the corners due to the delicacy of the material and finish, while others have not experienced problems at all. I guess it depends on how you use your bags.

Still, I think the gold Diorama looks divine, so it's worth the extra care you have to take with the bag.

I think that the gold Diorama looks a lot prettier than the Twist. I like the gold more than the silver version of the Diorama.

That being said, the perforated metallic finish is on the delicate side. Some members here have experienced some peeling at the perforations and some rubbing on the corners due to the delicacy of the material and finish, while others have not experienced problems at all. I guess it depends on how you use your bags.

Still, I think the gold Diorama looks divine, so it's worth the extra care you have to take with the bag.

Thanks for your input! [emoji813]️
I just found out that my local Dior only has the medium in metallics so I'm thinking of getting the small in leather because I'm wondering if medium in metallic would be too bling. I like to use my bags as and when and will not be reserving for special occasions [emoji16]
I'm not too rough with my bags but don't really want to baby them too much but yes I agree that diorama is prettier than the twist for sure [emoji8]

Thanks for your input! [emoji813]️
I just found out that my local Dior only has the medium in metallics so I'm thinking of getting the small in leather because I'm wondering if medium in metallic would be too bling. I like to use my bags as and when and will not be reserving for special occasions [emoji16]
I'm not too rough with my bags but don't really want to baby them too much but yes I agree that diorama is prettier than the twist for sure [emoji8]
I don't think they are too bling. The bag is beautifully patterned and perforated, so it won't be like a mirror.

I think that the perforated design tones down the "bling" factor, and makes it look sparkly instead which is quite a beautiful effect. So the medium wouldn't look too blingy.

Reactions: minami
I don't think they are too bling. The bag is beautifully patterned and perforated, so it won't be like a mirror.

I think that the perforated design tones down the "bling" factor, and makes it look sparkly instead which is quite a beautiful effect. So the medium wouldn't look too blingy.

I'm going to try the bags tomorrow at my local Dior..hope to report back soon!! [emoji7][emoji813]️
That's a good point too [emoji4]

I have a medium Diorama in Rose Fonce metallic, and I have a Twist MM in black epi. They're both beautiful bags, but for functionality and durability I like the Twist much, much better. It's a lot easier to get in and out of, and it holds a little more than the Diorama. I often have to fight the clasp on the Diorama to get into the bag, and the top flap doesn't open as wide as the one on the Twist. The sides pinch in and the bottom pinches in, which limits the interior space. I do have some wear on one corner of the metallic Diorama, and I've only worn the bag about half a dozen times. I'm a bit worried about the chain scraping up the finish, and I do baby it when I carry it and when I store it. The Twist is just more durable in general, though I do have a couple of scratch marks showing up now on the clasp. Bottom line - get whichever one you love the most - they're both gorgeous.

I have a medium Diorama in Rose Fonce metallic, and I have a Twist MM in black epi. They're both beautiful bags, but for functionality and durability I like the Twist much, much better. It's a lot easier to get in and out of, and it holds a little more than the Diorama. I often have to fight the clasp on the Diorama to get into the bag, and the top flap doesn't open as wide as the one on the Twist. The sides pinch in and the bottom pinches in, which limits the interior space. I do have some wear on one corner of the metallic Diorama, and I've only worn the bag about half a dozen times. I'm a bit worried about the chain scraping up the finish, and I do baby it when I carry it and when I store it. The Twist is just more durable in general, though I do have a couple of scratch marks showing up now on the clasp. Bottom line - get whichever one you love the most - they're both gorgeous.

I'm going to try out the bag today :smile: thanks so much for your input! I think I may go for the grained leather ones as I've had bad experiences with metallic leathers (Prada). I agree that both are beautiful bags but I think the diorama is prettier I guess in a more feminine way [emoji2]

I just saw this thread.... I' m curious to know which bag did you choose at last because I really like the lv twist in hot pink!! It will be my next bag and I am debating between black and hot pink!!!

I just saw this thread.... I' m curious to know which bag did you choose at last because I really like the lv twist in hot pink!! It will be my next bag and I am debating between black and hot pink!!!

Hi dear!! I love the hot pink but I have actually decided to go back to chanel with a chevron boy now waiting for shipment [emoji4][emoji8]
My friend has the black twist and she loves it but have you tried them on? You will know when you try them on!