Vanana's January Chanel Family Addition

Always had an obsession with the Chanel lion and camellia. Beside custom jewelry, I was lucky enough to have a Chanel black jacket with gold camellia buttons.

However, so far I still don't have anything with the Chanel lion as they are just so rare and haven't been done for a little while. As I patiently await for some great CJ with Chanel lion and of course a bag with Chanel lion hardware :loveeyes: I ran into this gorgeous Chanel cashmere cardigan in black with braided chevron ivory/white chevron and poppy red trim.

The best part? It's got rainbow Chanel lion buttons!!!!!!! :heart: :cloud9: :love: :loveeyes: :heart:

I still can't believe my first Chanel cardigan is one with Chanel lions on it!!! :dothewave:

It's incredibly awesome as Chanel never does the same buttons again once it's been done. In this collection, there are only 3 RTW items with these buttons. A white double breasted jacket which IMO is a bit tough to wear and I worry about it being dated in the future, a cute white quarter sleeve jacket in a great light tweed that is more a-line/swing style which I liked also but decided that while a great jacket it's not as flattering as the classic cut on me.

This cardigan impressed me as despite every brand out there making classic cardigans (I haven't counted but I must own over 50 cardigans in my closet), you can see the difference immediately when worn. The cut, fit, and quality of the material elevates it and sets it apart. The trim and buttons make it special and pops without being too much. It's also in classic colors so I can expect this to be as relevant and gorgeous 10 or 50 years from now as it is today.

Another reason I was sold - I love the CC logo hardware as much as the next gal, but the buttons on this one is so discrete that I can wear it to work or other placed with ease. I also love my camellia black jacket for that reason as well. I love to use my Chanels and this greatly maximizes the opportunities to wear it.

I am so excited to wear it with my pleated skirts, lace skirts, over dresses, and of course pants and jeans... belted, open, buttoned... :woot:

Special thanks to the elegant ladies at the Wardrobe -> How to wear your Chanel Jacket thread. These ladies have impeccable taste and helped me understand more on the care and longevity of Chanel cashmere which got me over the initial concerns which may have made me miss the opportunity to grab this amazing piece.

Here's a mod shot from when I tried it on in the store, and the official Chanel photo of this cardigan. I anticipate that there will be plenty of in action shots in the future of course with other Chanel goodies.

Hope you guys like it :smile:

TADA!!! My 4th Chanel RTW piece, and the first cashmere cardigan as the others were tweed jackets.
cardigan 2.jpg cardigan mod.jpg

Also... Special bonus...
while it did not occur to me when I bought the cardigan, this cardigan is a perfect match with my 17C multicolored lambskin mini bag from the Cuba collection that is black with poppy red just like this cardigan, that bag just happens to be the favorite buy out of the bags I bought from that collection).
:clap: :party:
MultiMiniMod3.jpg MultiMiniFront.jpg

Current RTW all in one place. My Chanel RTW love affair started with the Paris in Rome collection (I cannot be blamed for that was a spectacular RTW collection).
  • Black LBJ with fantasy tweed
  • Pink chevron tweed jacket/dress with removable white lambskin parts and pleated back
  • Black jacket with velvet trim and gold camellia buttons
  • Black cashmere cardigan with poppy red trim and rainbow lion buttons
20160609_023753.jpg 20160609_024109.jpg Pink Chevron jeans.jpg Pink Chevron Dress back.jpg Pink Chevron Buttoned Up.jpg Pink Chevron Detail.jpg CHA110342_2_enlarged.jpg 20161011_210654_1476319214859_resized.jpg cardigan mod.jpg Button.jpg

Current RTW all in one place. My Chanel RTW love affair started with the Paris in Rome collection (I cannot be blamed for that was a spectacular RTW collection).
  • Pink chevron tweed jacket/dress with removable white lambskin parts and pleated back
View attachment 3589672 View attachment 3589673 View attachment 3589674 View attachment 3589675 View attachment 3589676 View attachment 3589677 View attachment 3589679 View attachment 3589681 View attachment 3589682 View attachment 3589683

That is a fantastically beautiful cardigan, Vanana!! It looks perfect on you and the buttons are so special and unique! What a bonus that is compliments your multi colored mini. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely shots. :heart::heart:

View attachment 3589672 View attachment 3589673 View attachment 3589674 View attachment 3589675 View attachment 3589676 View attachment 3589677 View attachment 3589679 View attachment 3589681 View attachment 3589682 View attachment 3589683
:yahoo::happydance:CONGRATS again my dear friend! OMG all 4 of your RTW pieces are truly SPECTACULAR! Your new cardi looks gorgeous on you & I love seeing your other RTW items again. That 1st black jacket has my heart, & the pink chevron one too!:loveeyes::love: