Another shortie call...this time the regular Pompon!

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
OK now that I have a mini Pompon I'm curious as to whether or not the regular would be too big (this from the gal who is convinced she wants a courier)...any mod shots of petite women with regular Pompons would be very appreciated, please list your height...also any regular couriers, the older ones, if you have one, many thanks in advance! #determinedtodrownmyselfinleather :nuts::nuts::nuts:

I know this post is old but you helped me recently Authenticate and identify a used bal bag I bought. I'm looking for a bal bag to use as a diaper bag. The pompon popped up in my searches and I've fallen in love with it. The large size looks LARGE but the mini doesn't appear to be too mini. Do you think the mini could work as an every day diaper bag? I'd use a diaper bag compartment insert for the inside.

I know this post is old but you helped me recently Authenticate and identify a used bal bag I bought. I'm looking for a bal bag to use as a diaper bag. The pompon popped up in my searches and I've fallen in love with it. The large size looks LARGE but the mini doesn't appear to be too mini. Do you think the mini could work as an every day diaper bag? I'd use a diaper bag compartment insert for the inside.

In terms of a mini it does have quite a bit of space, but I know for me it would be too small as a diaper bag. I guess it really depends on how much you plan to carry. and the number and age(s) of your kid(s). Stroller where you can store a bottle of water? Is it diapers and wipes or juice boxes and snacks? Do you need to throw in the odd bit of clothing? A book? How big is your wallet? All of that stuff. I've attached a pic of me carrying my mini Pom, keep in mind I'm 5'1" and under 100 lbs. I've also attached one of my usual stuff in it, a full sized wallet, my sunnies, hand cream, inhaler, little note book. Then a third of the same stuff but with a book added (the book is 9" tall x 6" wide and is touching the bottom of the bag). For me, it's great for my day to day stuff but there's not a lot of space for extras, like a water bottle, book, etc. A couple of diapers and a pack of wipes might find your bag pretty full on top of your day to day stuff.
IMHO the best diaper bag would be a men's Day. Not the women's. The men's you can wear cross body, or, if you wear it on your shoulder, you can get into it without taking it off of your arm, a huge plus when you've got littles with you (my twins are now 22, but I know of which I speak!). it also sits flatter against your body than a mini pom would, and would be a bit easier to carrying as it molds itself to you rather than sticking out a bit like the pom does. The only thing is depending on your height you may have to have the strap shortened. The older ones adjust with a buckle, the newer ones with holes.
Buy a mini pom by all means, I love the bag. And I suspect one day I may try a regular pom, although I know they're really big, I just wouldn't use the strap but carry it on my shoulder with the handles. I love big bags. That's another thought for your diaper bag, but I think it might end up being a big black hole. The men's Day might be a bit more user friendly...see the link below for some pics of a men's day, newer version.

IMG_3487.JPG IMG_3499.JPG IMG_3500.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-B...353124?hash=item1a249c0024:g:4coAAOSwopRYi7dL

Unless of course, you're one of those women who somehow find bags like the mini city big enough for day to day...don't know how anyone can do that!

Last edited:
Reactions: ksuromax
In terms of a mini it does have quite a bit of space, but I know for me it would be too small as a diaper bag. I guess it really depends on how much you plan to carry. and the number and age(s) of your kid(s). Stroller where you can store a bottle of water? Is it diapers and wipes or juice boxes and snacks? Do you need to throw in the odd bit of clothing? A book? How big is your wallet? All of that stuff. I've attached a pic of me carrying my mini Pom, keep in mind I'm 5'1" and under 100 lbs. I've also attached one of my usual stuff in it, a full sized wallet, my sunnies, hand cream, inhaler, little note book. Then a third of the same stuff but with a book added (the book is 9" tall x 6" wide and is touching the bottom of the bag). For me, it's great for my day to day stuff but there's not a lot of space for extras, like a water bottle, book, etc. A couple of diapers and a pack of wipes might find your bag pretty full on top of your day to day stuff.
IMHO the best diaper bag would be a men's Day. Not the women's. The men's you can wear cross body, or, if you wear it on your shoulder, you can get into it without taking it off of your arm, a huge plus when you've got littles with you (my twins are now 22, but I know of which I speak!). it also sits flatter against your body than a mini pom would, and would be a bit easier to carrying as it molds itself to you rather than sticking out a bit like the pom does. The only thing is depending on your height you may have to have the strap shortened. The older ones adjust with a buckle, the newer ones with holes.
Buy a mini pom by all means, I love the bag. And I suspect one day I may try a regular pom, although I know they're really big, I just wouldn't use the strap but carry it on my shoulder with the handles. I love big bags. That's another thought for your diaper bag, but I think it might end up being a big black hole. The men's Day might be a bit more user friendly...see the link below for some pics of a men's day, newer version.

View attachment 3587612 View attachment 3587613 View attachment 3587615

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-B...353124?hash=item1a249c0024:g:4coAAOSwopRYi7dL

Unless of course, you're one of those women who somehow find bags like the mini city big enough for day to day...don't know how anyone can do that!

Thank you for all that info! I'm so in love with the mini pompon! I actually do think I could make the mini work because I'm crazy like that. But I think I'll more than likely end up with a mini as a gift to myself AND the regular pompon for a diaper bag.

Thank you for all that info! I'm so in love with the mini pompon! I actually do think I could make the mini work because I'm crazy like that. But I think I'll more than likely end up with a mini as a gift to myself AND the regular pompon for a diaper bag.
Ok, stupidest thing I've ever done to try and measure the size of a bag. I can put the mini Pom over my head and it fits like a helmet, the edge just touches my shoulders. No room for anything else in it but my head though :lol::lol::lol:.

Ok, stupidest thing I've ever done to try and measure the size of a bag. I can put the mini Pom over my head and it fits like a helmet, the edge just touches my shoulders. No room for anything else in it but my head though :lol::lol::lol:.

Lol! Omg, you are too funny! You really went above and beyond to help me get an idea of measurement. I kindly thank you, lol!

Reactions: ksuromax