• Khaki Chanel Boy New Medium

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Metallic Cannage Diorama Medium

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

dVn85

O.G.
Jan 24, 2011
I am a loyal lover to Chanel, I dabble in other brands but always make sure to put Chanel first on my list.
My favorite bag hands down is the Chanel Boy, I have one in each size (small - purple velvet rhw , old medium - black caviar, ghw, new medium - red ghw).
I have recently become attracted to the Diorama metallic cannage and can't decide if I should purchase It ahead of the khaki new medium boy I've been thinking about. I also like the Deauville bag, small shopping bag/tote, and back pack from Chanel. Should I stay or stray from my favorite brand ?

TIA! diorama.jpg khaki boy.png

I don't see these as interchangeable. The khaki is a great neutral that can go very casual to dressy. The metallic Diorama makes more of a statement (although I'm the type of gal who will rock it casually too).

I love metallic bags. I just purchased the Boy in gold and have been desperately wanting the silver Diorama for a while. What's kept me from buying is that several TPF'rs have mentioned peeling with the metallic microcannage bags (both Diorama and Lady Dior). So you may want to check out the Dior forum and read the threads and comments on this before you buy.

That being said, I'm still considering the silver Diorama. The bag is stunning, Dior will repair any issues and the peeling really is not widespread. I'm just carefully considering the purchase right now.

You already have so many Chanel Boy bags. Maybe a Diorama, especially one that looks so pretty, would be a good option.

Some members have reported the metallic finish peeling, as Sparkletastic said, but it depends on how you use the bag. It should be treated like python as it is perforated and the perforation edges can be as prone to lifting as python.

I personally do not prefer the khaki boy, i think its too casual. I feel like designer good should be luxurious, and the khaki is just "meh" to me. I have also been eyeing the Dior bag, it looks like a work of art. Like another TPFer said, they are so different. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

I personally love the look of the Dior and would get it over the Chanel. The Dior just looks more luxurious to me.

I am a loyal lover to Chanel, I dabble in other brands but always make sure to put Chanel first on my list.
My favorite bag hands down is the Chanel Boy, I have one in each size (small - purple velvet rhw , old medium - black caviar, ghw, new medium - red ghw).
I have recently become attracted to the Diorama metallic cannage and can't decide if I should purchase It ahead of the khaki new medium boy I've been thinking about. I also like the Deauville bag, small shopping bag/tote, and back pack from Chanel. Should I stay or stray from my favorite brand ?

TIA! View attachment 3585579 View attachment 3585580
I'm totally with you on your first statement, but that being said I love diversity of brands, styles. Hopefully the decision will just come to you as they are both great bags & it's hard to lose choosing either but looking at the pics, I must say the Dior definitely speaks to me more than the khaki Boy (& I am a Boy lover!) That Dior looks like a work of art. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: dVn85
Whilst I myself am a Boy lover too, I think these Dioramas are stunning! I do not like the Boy in Khaki either. As others have said if the Diorama is lighter, this would be a definite positive for me! I also think whilst it is good to have a main brand, it is also nice to stray every now and then and have versatility and appreciate the beauty of other brands as well. My favorite is Chanel, but I still love Saint Laurent and Celine also.

I don't see these as interchangeable. The khaki is a great neutral that can go very casual to dressy. The metallic Diorama makes more of a statement (although I'm the type of gal who will rock it casually too).

I love metallic bags. I just purchased the Boy in gold and have been desperately wanting the silver Diorama for a while. What's kept me from buying is that several TPF'rs have mentioned peeling with the metallic microcannage bags (both Diorama and Lady Dior). So you may want to check out the Dior forum and read the threads and comments on this before you buy.

That being said, I'm still considering the silver Diorama. The bag is stunning, Dior will repair any issues and the peeling really is not widespread. I'm just carefully considering the purchase right now.

The silver Dior is stunning! I see we both have a problem somewhat giving in. =)

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I was debating getting this boy. I love the khaki color and it's combination that you'll love because it's so neutral and "seasonless." They are both gorgeous--have you had a chance to see both in person? I was consider a boy and Dior bag and I knew which one I loved when I saw each in person.

Reactions: luv4bags and dVn85
I have seen both in person and they are definitely have their own personalities. I love how the khaki is a neutral color, but it's different, and how the Diorama is a piece of art!
Decisions Decisions... They're both such gorgeous pieces!

I was debating getting this boy. I love the khaki color and it's combination that you'll love because it's so neutral and "seasonless." They are both gorgeous--have you had a chance to see both in person? I was consider a boy and Dior bag and I knew which one I loved when I saw each in person.
I have seen both in person and they are definitely have their own personalities. I love how the khaki is a neutral color, but it's different, and how the Diorama is a piece of art!
Decisions Decisions... They're both such gorgeous pieces!