Urgently need to decide on this bag. HELP!

Sorry!! Text got left out!

I never though I would be posting in the Hermes forum... at least not for a couple more years!

I have been thinking of selling my chanel medium flap for a while and the consignment store I contacted got me a buyer almost right away. I casually asked them if they have any Hermes and they had a few but one of those was priced unbelievably low.

I decided to have it authenticated by bababebi and she gave me a certificate saying it's authentic. Now I got even more curious. I could not get it out of my head! I asked if they would ship it to me so I could get a closer look. It's really gorgeous!! Of course it's orange Togo and is a bit veined and slouchy but it looks quite stunning. The hardware is a bit scratched up and I may need to replace it...

It is for USD 5500 N stamp so it's 7 years old. If I sell my Classic Flap to the same store I need to pay only USD 1700!!

Should I buy this bag? My husband does not want me to sell my CF... and he says just buy a new one from the store... I have never ever bought pre owned... but in my country a Birkin would be 2 years wait and costs twice as much... in Paris .... after hearing how hard it is to be offered one... dunno if I'd have the time or energy to woo the SA... Also i dress like a tourist on holidays!!! So I don't have high hopes of scoring one there :sad:((

Reactions: prepster
If you don't truly use and want the Chanel I agree you should sell it to finance for something you love. If there's a chance to might regret, hold on the cf until you get the birkin. If you're happy with the purchase you can consider consigning your cf.

If you don't truly use and want the Chanel I agree you should sell it to finance for something you love. If there's a chance to might regret, hold on the cf until you get the birkin. If you're happy with the purchase you can consider consigning your cf.

I use the classic flap a lot but the reason I was considering selling is that I bought a Jumbo in Black GHW and I cant justify having 2 black classic flaps. The one I thought of selling is black medium with silver HW. My husband hates the idea of me selling the CF though, because I once told him i would pass it to my daughter (who is now 5 yrs old!)

Why not buy it? It's less than half the price of new (that's hard to find even at resale). Now, if you don't like "veined, slouchy" leather, a pre-owned Togo bag may not be for you. Also keep in mind that this is a hand- or arm-carry bag, not a shoulder bag like the flap. You will probably want to have a shoulder bag as well.

Most people here are going to say Birkin over classic flap any day :biggrin: and I am one of them. I certainly would buy pre-owned Hermès over new Chanel in a heartbeat.

ETA: You just asked how "crisp" a new one looks. Yes, the soft leathers get a bit slouchy with use. But this bag does NOT look slouchy for a six year old Togo Birkin.It looks normal. If you don't like the look you may wish to consider a different bag.

If you can afford it buy the Birkin and keep the Chanel, do so
You can always sell at a later date.
If you don't need to sell now, if you sell you might soon come to regret it

Reactions: lilacto