My new to me "beater" 227 reissue!

Lola24

O.G.
Jul 11, 2006
I'm still in disbelief, I have always wanted a reissue but could never seem to get a hold of them in a store in the 2006-2010 time frame when I was ready to buy one (although I did manage to pick up a WOC around then). Well I found practically the matching 227 to my WOC, just finished having it authenticated and now I feel like it's mine. It is WELL used, the lining is bad, but the outside looks great and nothing a structured purse insert hasn't fixed otherwise. So excited to have a bag in a style and material I love that I don't feel like I have to baby, care free and what I love at the same time, win win!

Here she is next to my well used WOC that still looks pretty darn good too :smile:
IMG_2422.JPG

Congrats! I'm on a hunt for the same combo reissue but in 225! I have recently really started to love the reissue and how the distressed leather looks over time! So lucky to find the one you are after [emoji847]

Reactions: Lola24
I always wanted either a 225 or 226 to be honest but when I came across this it was an amazing deal (and a bit of a fun restoration project for me) I was a little worried but I surprisingly LOVE it! I have honestly never had the chance to try on a 227, it's almost so odd to me in all the years of my Chanel shopping how infrequently I've had my hands on a reissue to be honest, only in recent years I've seem a couple in boutiques but still never a 227.... That being said, I never cared for how a jumbo CC flap looked on me so I was concerned this would not work, but it's definitely different plus the broken in factor, it's not as structured and doesn't quite make me feel like I'm a 7 year old wearing my mothers purse like I feel like whenever I try on a jumbo lol.

It's funny how things find you almost.... I was just casually looking and I came across this! I often thought how nice it would be to have a full size reissue with leather just like my WOC, I just love the texture and durability of this leather and I feel like I see that really crackled slightly thinner leather version reissue a lot as opposed to this like washed/aged calf or whatever it is, I just looked at the box and tag for my WOC and it doesn't even tell me what it is :sad:. but anyway, I adore it!

I'm still in disbelief, I have always wanted a reissue but could never seem to get a hold of them in a store in the 2006-2010 time frame when I was ready to buy one (although I did manage to pick up a WOC around then). Well I found practically the matching 227 to my WOC, just finished having it authenticated and now I feel like it's mine. It is WELL used, the lining is bad, but the outside looks great and nothing a structured purse insert hasn't fixed otherwise. So excited to have a bag in a style and material I love that I don't feel like I have to baby, care free and what I love at the same time, win win!

Here she is next to my well used WOC that still looks pretty darn good too :smile:
View attachment 3583601
Big Congrats Lola!! I LOVE & am obsessed w/ reissues & yours is dreamy!! I have mini 224, 225 & 226 in different styles/colors but have been contemplating 227 size.....i just can not find 1 in person at boutiques to try it on & I fear it may look too large as I'm only 5'3"....curious about your height & if by chance you do post modshots? NO pressure on that though!

I'm 5'6" but pretty small/petite boned ( i wear a size 3.5 ring, 28-30 bra, size 0/24 jeans), I never ever thought about getting a 227 always had 226 or even 225 on the mind, but this came up and it was too good to pass up! I actually really like how it looks on me, way better than CC jumbos but like I said probably because it is a little less structured plus I"m not 100 % sure but I think I have read the 227 is a pinch smaller than a CC jumbo.

I will definitely take a modeling shot soon, I am just going to use it today for the first time, was just waiting for confirmation of authenticity and everything before making it totally mine, which I finalized yesterday :smile:

Big Congrats Lola!! I LOVE & am obsessed w/ reissues & yours is dreamy!! I have mini 224, 225 & 226 in different styles/colors but have been contemplating 227 size.....i just can not find 1 in person at boutiques to try it on & I fear it may look too large as I'm only 5'3"....curious about your height & if by chance you do post modshots? NO pressure on that though!

I'm 5'6" but pretty small/petite boned ( i wear a size 3.5 ring, 28-30 bra, size 0/24 jeans), I never ever thought about getting a 227 always had 226 or even 225 on the mind, but this came up and it was too good to pass up! I actually really like how it looks on me, way better than CC jumbos but like I said probably because it is a little less structured plus I"m not 100 % sure but I think I have read the 227 is a pinch smaller than a CC jumbo.

I will definitely take a modeling shot soon, I am just going to use it today for the first time, was just waiting for confirmation of authenticity and everything before making it totally mine, which I finalized yesterday :smile:

Reactions: Kendie26

Awesome! I'd love to see it on you! I'm sure it looks sensational! Congrats again!:heart::flowers:

This bag is WELL used... I have a structured bottom purse insert in it to help keep it's shape and the double flap tucked in as the lining is in bad shape/almost gone overall (not sure what the previous owners did but I know it was in a humid climate and just very well used)... Also the double flaps on these larger bags are especially cumbersome as far as I'm concerned, so being that this is so used and broken in, I was able to tuck that flap in and honestly love it that way.... All being said of the consequence as mentioned as being my "beater" reissue, I just love it! I have too many bags I feel like I have to baby, and finally one that I love that I DON'T have to worry about!!!! plus the deal was perfect, after a little TLC refurbishing project I think she looks great and is a keeper!

Reactions: Kendie26
This bag is WELL used... I have a structured bottom purse insert in it to help keep it's shape and the double flap tucked in as the lining is in bad shape/almost gone overall (not sure what the previous owners did but I know it was in a humid climate and just very well used)... Also the double flaps on these larger bags are especially cumbersome as far as I'm concerned, so being that this is so used and broken in, I was able to tuck that flap in and honestly love it that way.... All being said of the consequence as mentioned as being my "beater" reissue, I just love it! I have too many bags I feel like I have to baby, and finally one that I love that I DON'T have to worry about!!!! plus the deal was perfect, after a little TLC refurbishing project I think she looks great and is a keeper!
You are a sweetie....many many thanks for posting your mod! Looks PERFECT :graucho::tup::loveeyes:on you, I really like the size!! I totally get what you are saying w/ "too many bags to baby" so it's nice having this one. I simply can't make up my damn mind on a jumbo reissue or jumbo CF. Shoot me now :lol:please! THANKS kindly again & Congrats on your awesome bag!:love: