Gucci loafer and espadrilles sizing

Shelly319

May 13, 2015
Hi everyone, I'd like to purchase the Gucci brixton loafers and espadrilles in canvas. Does anyone have either and how do they fit? Do they tend to run large or small and are they comfy? Finally how do they wear after some use? I am a size 5.5 wide but 6s normally fit me best when there are no wide shoes. I also have high arches. I have a pair of Chanel ballet flats in the six but am wishing I had gone down a size because they are large in me. Also those shoes are really not comfy after more than an hour on me unfortunately because there really is no padding in those shoes. Thanks all!

I don't know anything about US sizing and don't have those particular shoes, perhaps have a search on those shoes and see if the owner mentioned sizing. Also check out the 'Glass Slipper' general shoe forum as there is extensive talk on Gucci shoes there too

Reactions: Shelly319
I tried the espadrilles today, and as much as I wanted to buy them, the fit is odd. I'm a 38 in all Gucci shoes, and the espadrilles were too short in 38, but also too wide. The back leather piping was rubbing uncomfortable after just trying them on.

So I finally found the brixton loafers and they run long and narrowish. I went a half size smaller. The width is a little snug but I have wide feet and my regular size would have been far too long. I must say they are super comfy but each shoe fits each person differently! I also ordered the espadrilles. I tried them on in the canvas in my size and they fit well. I don't know how the leather ones will fit but they were so cute in a different size AND they are cheaper than the chanel ones. The Chanel ones are cute too but everyone seems to have them and I haven't seen anyone wearing the Gucci ones! Here are some photos. when I get the espadrilles I'll post those too.

IMG_1486315159.290092.jpgIMG_1486315226.565045.jpg

So I got these today and am on the fence. They are so cute and look great on. BUT I have two issues with these: 1) they are heavier than I thought (twice heavier than the brixton loafers) - I tried these in a half size larger in the store and could have sworn they felt lighter and 2) they are rubbing on my back heel. The top of the inside of the shoe has some stitching along it and it is scratchy. I'll definitely need to put some heel savers on. So that brings me to my next question: do I keep these and stick on the heel savers or return and get the Chanel espadrilles? I feel like when you spend 400 plus on shoes they should feel great. Hmmmmm. IMG_1486597510.650032.jpg

So I got these today and am on the fence. They are so cute and look great on. BUT I have two issues with these: 1) they are heavier than I thought (twice heavier than the brixton loafers) - I tried these in a half size larger in the store and could have sworn they felt lighter and 2) they are rubbing on my back heel. The top of the inside of the shoe has some stitching along it and it is scratchy. I'll definitely need to put some heel savers on. So that brings me to my next question: do I keep these and stick on the heel savers or return and get the Chanel espadrilles? I feel like when you spend 400 plus on shoes they should feel great. Hmmmmm. View attachment 3599547

The rubbing is exactly why I didn't purchase them, It was rubbing enough to be uncomfortable in the 5 minutes I had them on. Go for the Chanel...

The rubbing is exactly why I didn't purchase them, It was rubbing enough to be uncomfortable in the 5 minutes I had them on. Go for the Chanel...

I noticed immediately while just taking a few steps. Strangely the ones in the store didn't feel this way but it's probably because they've been worn so many times. Perhaps over time they will get better but that also means major heel rubs and I'm not up for that. Plus they are heavier than the brixtons and I think after a while my feel will get tired in these!

Btw do you do hunter/jumper or dressage? I ride too! Taking a break now though after a few bad falls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Needanotherbag
I noticed immediately while just taking a few steps. Strangely the ones in the store didn't feel this way but it's probably because they've been worn so many times. Perhaps over time they will get better but that also means major heel rubs and I'm not up for that. Plus they are heavier than the brixtons and I think after a while my feel will get tired in these!

Btw do you do hunter/jumper or dressage? I ride too! Taking a break now though after a few bad falls.
I wonder if the heel rub is exaggerated due to the weight of the shoes...the are really cute but not worth the pain.

We do dressage, but have also done some hunters together as well...I'm so sorry you had some bad falls, hope you are able to ride again very soon!!

I wonder if the heel rub is exaggerated due to the weight of the shoes...the are really cute but not worth the pain.

We do dressage, but have also done some hunters together as well...I'm so sorry you had some bad falls, hope you are able to ride again very soon!!

I think that may be it - the weight of the shoe.

That is wonderful you do dressage. I've been bucked off by a few green warmbloods either while jumping or when it's been cold out. Ended up in the ER each time and had to get a new gpa each time because somehow I can't seem to avoid hitting my head! In my younger days when I rode regularly I hardly ever fell off. I've decided no more buying green horses going forward . And no more riding on cold spooky nights.

I think that may be it - the weight of the shoe.

That is wonderful you do dressage. I've been bucked off by a few green warmbloods either while jumping or when it's been cold out. Ended up in the ER each time and had to get a new gpa each time because somehow I can't seem to avoid hitting my head! In my younger days when I rode regularly I hardly ever fell off. I've decided no more buying green horses going forward . And no more riding on cold spooky nights.

I'm with you! No more green horses, and, no more jumping no matter how much I miss it. At 42, I like all 4 hooves on the ground LOL!

So I got these today and am on the fence. They are so cute and look great on. BUT I have two issues with these: 1) they are heavier than I thought (twice heavier than the brixton loafers) - I tried these in a half size larger in the store and could have sworn they felt lighter and 2) they are rubbing on my back heel. The top of the inside of the shoe has some stitching along it and it is scratchy. I'll definitely need to put some heel savers on. So that brings me to my next question: do I keep these and stick on the heel savers or return and get the Chanel espadrilles? I feel like when you spend 400 plus on shoes they should feel great. Hmmmmm. View attachment 3599547
Did you end up getting the 5.5 US or the 6? And how do they wear? Did they stretch a little bit or did you end up returning the shoes?