Wrong Bank Account sent to Fashionphile

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
WHY do i keep f*cking myself. My routing number changed on my bank account and I gave them my old one. Customer service said they could try and see where they sent it, but if it's a valid account they can't do anything and I'm out my money and my bag. Has anyone else done anything this stupid? Probably not.

I think the title of this needs changing if I'm reading your post correctly. The title reads as though it's FP's fault but the post reads as though it's your fault for giving them old details.

I'm assuming a routing number is the same as our sort code (bank identifier). If so, I'd say the chances of the routing number being reused and someone else having exactly the same account number as yours would be slim. I suspect the money will be returned to FP in due course.

Reactions: lulilu
WHY do i keep f*cking myself. My routing number changed on my bank account and I gave them my old one. Customer service said they could try and see where they sent it, but if it's a valid account they can't do anything and I'm out my money and my bag. Has anyone else done anything this stupid? Probably not.
If you gave an old (but previously valid and no longer valid) account number, the payment will bounce back to FP's account. Unless YOUR bank reroutes the payment, it wouldn't go to someone else.

You can request that FP stop/reverse the payment due to your own error.

Last edited:
I think the title of this needs changing if I'm reading your post correctly. The title reads as though it's FP's fault but the post reads as though it's your fault for giving them old details.

I'm assuming a routing number is the same as our sort code (bank identifier). If so, I'd say the chances of the routing number being reused and someone else having exactly the same account number as yours would be slim. I suspect the money will be returned to FP in due course.
I updated it. Hopefully. I send an email to their accounting department. Fingers crossed they money bounces back. If not, well I don't know.

If you gave an old (but previously valid and no longer valid) account number, the payment will bounce back. Unless YOUR bank reroutes the payment, it wouldn't go to someone else.

You can request that FP stop/reverse the payment due to your own error.
Yeah, the account number never changed it was just the routing number. So I'm not really sure. Hopefully my bank catches it and sends it to the correct account? I don't know. Ugh. I don't know if they'll be able to stop/reverse the payment though since she said at this point there's not much she can do besides email their accounting department.

Yeah, the account number never changed it was just the routing number. So I'm not really sure. Hopefully my bank catches it and sends it to the correct account? I don't know. Ugh. I don't know if they'll be able to stop/reverse the payment though since she said at this point there's not much she can do besides email their accounting department.
If the routing number changed, most likely there isn't anyone else with that combination of routing number/account number. It's like when your credit card is cancelled and you get a new number. The old number doesn't get reused, at least not for years. If a routing number changes, it seems like that would only happen if the bank changed ownership. In that case, the old routing number wouldn't apply to any valid accounts. I think more than likely the bank will route it back to the the correct account. If not, the payment will be refused and returned to Fashionphile. In either case, you'll eventually get your money.

I'm always worried I'll use the wrong routing number when I use my Wells Fargo account because they have different routing numbers for deposits than for checks.

I still use our old routing number from a few years ago. Our bank was taken over but another one. But, they still allow the old routing number to be used. I have it on auto payments and the way too many checks I bought beforehand and never use.

Reactions: lulilu
If the routing number changed, most likely there isn't anyone else with that combination of routing number/account number. It's like when your credit card is cancelled and you get a new number. The old number doesn't get reused, at least not for years. If a routing number changes, it seems like that would only happen if the bank changed ownership. In that case, the old routing number wouldn't apply to any valid accounts. I think more than likely the bank will route it back to the the correct account. If not, the payment will be refused and returned to Fashionphile. In either case, you'll eventually get your money.
This. I had this happy to me once while I was the payer. I got my money bounced back and I transferred it again with the correct details.

Oh phew! The accounting department said the payment didn't go through so she resent it yesterday. The money popped up into my account this morning[emoji854]

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: LL777
Oh phew! The accounting department said the payment didn't go through so she resent it yesterday. The money popped up into my account this morning
emoji854.png

Thanks everyone!
Oh thank goodness. I had a feeling the payment wouldn't go through & it would be sent back to FP. Glad it all worked out okay! :ghi5: