Help...preloved vernis zippy peeling

Dec 24, 2010
IMG_1327.JPG I've been on the hunt for a preloved LV vernis wallet. I found a noir magnetique zippy wallet on eBay shipping from Australia in excellent condition used twice for $520. I received it today and while I'm confident it's authentic there is some edge wear and the vernis is slightly peeling. I have contacted the seller and waiting for a response. Can LV repair this for a price? I'm feeling super annoyed at all the liars on eBay. I doubt this edge wear that was never described was from two uses. Otherwise the wallet is nearly perfect, but I'm worried it will only get worse.

Wow, I've never seen Vernis peel and I've owned many pieces. If this is authentic, it was definitely used more than twice. I would return it since the seller misrepresented the item.

I agree with Fashion Junky - I would request to return item with seller first and if they say no I would file a claim with paypal/ebay for item not as described. Good luck!

It takes a long time of usage for a Vernis piece to start peeling on the edge, definitely not two time use. I have my agenda for 5 years now?...I just started to notice a tiny wear on one of corners and this thing is a workhorse. Vernis can't be repair, I would file a SNAD and get my money back...$520 for a flaw like that is unacceptable IMO.

Just to add...I have used my vernis wallet almost daily for the last four years and no signs of peeling. And it still looks almost perfect. Vernis is a workhorse. So either it was used a lot more than two times or there was some kind of misuse or a defect.

LV can't repair that. They can replace zippers and put new vachetta leather handles and trim on bags, but you can't fix worn vernis. Return it.

View attachment 3581445 I've been on the hunt for a preloved LV vernis wallet. I found a noir magnetique zippy wallet on eBay shipping from Australia in excellent condition used twice for $520. I received it today and while I'm confident it's authentic there is some edge wear and the vernis is slightly peeling. I have contacted the seller and waiting for a response. Can LV repair this for a price? I'm feeling super annoyed at all the liars on eBay. I doubt this edge wear that was never described was from two uses. Otherwise the wallet is nearly perfect, but I'm worried it will only get worse.
Return it...Ebay has a policy that even if the seller claims "No returns" Ebay will totally back the buyer if misrepresented. If the seller gives you any trouble...open a claim and you will win hands down. Don't worry...I've seen it many times and ebay protects the buyer...always. Louis Vuitton will not fix that wallet.

I would nicely contact the Seller and ask to return this defective wallet. (I find that it's always best to be nice to get what you want). If she is not totally open to a return, then file a claim with ebay for "Significantly Not As Described". Always keep your contact with the Seller through the ebay messaging system, so that ebay has a complete picture of the transaction.
No worries here, your Seller appears to be in the wrong and ebay should hold her funds in PayPal until you can get the wallet back to her and get your money refunded to you.
There's no way that kind of damage was done with only 2 uses. The damage should have been disclosed no doubt about it.

TBH, I can't see any peeling in the OP's pictures nor can I see anything in the listing pics.

OP means the top right edge, showing a corner, with peeling away of the black patent revealing a lighter gray below that surface. Vernis won't peel at the edges until it's had a lot of wear. And it's not fixable.

Clear case of SNAD.

OP means the top right edge, showing a corner, with peeling away of the black patent revealing a lighter gray below that surface. Vernis won't peel at the edges until it's had a lot of wear. And it's not fixable.

Clear case of SNAD.
Okay, now I see it.

To the OP: In order to convince ebay that this is SNAD, I think you'll need better pictures showing the peeling. Ebay reps aren't going to be experts in designer items, don't recognize how patent leather looks and may not realize that the peeling showing in that picture isn't just a reflection of the glossy leather.

I'd suggest experimenting in different lighting, possibly both with and without flash to see which shows the flaws best.

I know how hard it is to photograph patent in the best of listings. Getting good enough pictures for ebay to recognize that it's peeling and not just a reflection is even harder!

Good luck.