GHW lindy 26 crocodile question

gorlencool

May 21, 2007
hello everyone, a grey mkt seller offered me a brand new GHW lindy 26 croc in bright color (pink ish) and i think i like it. one thing i am not sure is am i paying the right price +USD30K. i have few questions in mind. could you kindly help me to make the decision? thanks.

1) i don't mind owning a used GHW lindy 26 croc. would it be much cheaper if i find one in a slightly used condition?
2) does it hold value at all? i know lindy 30 croc doesn't hold value. resell is like 50% off the list price.

thanks again,

Hm... To be honest; I don't think resell value should be a part of the decision here. I think you should buy what is practical and comfortable for you to wear in your life - buy what's work for you. It's a lot of money and you could never be sure of this as an investment or that this bag would stay in the condition that it would be able to sell at all. A bag is a personal piece of fashion and really not an investment in any other meaning than in a nice wardrobe/private collection. Don't spend this money on something else that on something that you want to wear for your own happiness, or that you comfortable can afford. Definitely don't buy just because you got the offer!

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but I get the impression that this is not the bag of your dreams and the question is not about weather this color/model suits you but whether this is a good investment... A bag is probably not if you plan to use it too.

About the price itself: Only you know if the price is worth it to you. Is it the bag of your dreams? How much are you willing to pay for it? If it's worth it to you then the price reasonable.. If not it's not. Personally I don't buy any H outside my dream combos, it's just not worth the money for me. It has to be perfect! For investment I would go fore something more safe/long term. But that's just my preference[emoji4]

For proper advice on resell value and "right price" on that matter I hope someone else could chime in...

Good luck with your decision!

Hm... To be honest; I don't think resell value should be a part of the decision here. I think you should buy what is practical and comfortable for you to wear in your life - buy what's work for you. It's a lot of money and you could never be sure of this as an investment or that this bag would stay in the condition that it would be able to sell at all. A bag is a personal piece of fashion and really not an investment in any other meaning than in a nice wardrobe/private collection. Don't spend this money on something else that on something that you want to wear for your own happiness, or that you comfortable can afford. Definitely don't buy just because you got the offer!

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but I get the impression that this is not the bag of your dreams and the question is not about weather this color/model suits you but whether this is a good investment... A bag is probably not if you plan to use it too.

About the price itself: Only you know if the price is worth it to you. Is it the bag of your dreams? How much are you willing to pay for it? If it's worth it to you then the price reasonable.. If not it's not. Personally I don't buy any H outside my dream combos, it's just not worth the money for me. It has to be perfect! For investment I would go fore something more safe/long term. But that's just my preference[emoji4]

For proper advice on resell value and "right price" on that matter I hope someone else could chime in...

Good luck with your decision!
Good post

thanks a lot for your input. very well said. i agree 100%. you are spot on that this is not my dream bag. i don't really have a dream bag, coz i don't love handbags as much as in the past. have too many maybe... i was thinking a croc hermes is something good to have. can use it sometime in the summer coz the color seems ok. the reason i am asking the value is not really to treat it as an investment. i am afraid i overpaid for the bag, so trying to verify the value of the bag.

Sounds like a horribly expensive price to pay for a bag you "think you like" and "seems ok".
I won't even pay $100 for an item I feel that way about. Maybe it's just me.
I'd say don't buy it.
Avoid the regret.

Reactions: leuleu
thanks a ton. much appreciated. i understand everyone is different when talking about shopping. maybe just me, i feel good when i know i get a good deal regardless if i like or ever use the item. i don't think every girl wear every single shirt or skirt they bought. often the time we are in a situation "maybe i get this too, coz it looks ok and it is a good deal! wear it or not? decide later." this is one of this situations isn't it?

At these prices, I would advise to be 100% sure that this is not only a dream combo but would also grow with you and be in your wardrobe a long time (I'm not an expert, but if I had to guess, you would likely lose a significant amount on resale; possibly too much to stomach selling and then subsequently deciding to keep it in your collection, so you'd want to be happy with it).

Having said all that, you don't sound too excited -- if I were you, I would not get it yet, take a step back, think about what you really want, then get whatever that is (don't settle no matter what)! The good news is that this is a unique combo, and is likely to be around while you gather your thoughts.

a used Croc bag is still a used bag, I've seen croc Lindy selling for under 10K.

At these prices, you should get something you can't live without and then you won't worry what value it will hold in the future.

thanks a ton. much appreciated. i understand everyone is different when talking about shopping. maybe just me, i feel good when i know i get a good deal regardless if i like or ever use the item. i don't think every girl wear every single shirt or skirt they bought. often the time we are in a situation "maybe i get this too, coz it looks ok and it is a good deal! wear it or not? decide later." this is one of this situations isn't it?
30K croc lindy vs shirt or skirt??? Hmmmm... lemme think.
Sure, if you are a multi-millionaire =)
Enjoy!!!!

Reactions: chicinthecity777
I hope I don't offend anyone, but it makes me sad if this incredible art, handcraft and traditions are reduced to "a good deal" and are not to be loved or appreciated on its own or as a valued piece of a personal collection. I wish H was not about hunting deals or status but just personal enjoyment and fascination... Even though it's expensive.

I don't think it's just you but probably quite unusual within TPF crowd. Maybe you are a millionaire and consider a $30k croc bag like skirts. Then in that case why not just go and buy it?

hello everyone, a grey mkt seller offered me a brand new GHW lindy 26 croc in bright color (pink ish) and i think i like it. one thing i am not sure is am i paying the right price +USD30K. i have few questions in mind. could you kindly help me to make the decision? thanks.

1) i don't mind owning a used GHW lindy 26 croc. would it be much cheaper if i find one in a slightly used condition?
2) does it hold value at all? i know lindy 30 croc doesn't hold value. resell is like 50% off the list price.

thanks again,
If you can buy a 30K bag without loving it, buy it and don't ask for advice.

Reactions: chicinthecity777