Starting a Chanel SLG Collection with Coin Purses & Card Holders

nekostar0412

Bitten by the CHANEL Bug
O.G.
Jul 28, 2007
Hello Chanel Lovers! I recently got interested in Chanel SLGs. I typically purchase LV SLGs to organize my bags. While on a recent hunt for a new wallet, i was not finding everything I wanted in an SLG over there. I wandered into Chanel on a whim last weekend and my interest was piqued by the different coin purses & card holders.

My question for you experts is this: What coin purse & card holder styles should I purchase first? I understand that Chanel creates limited collections with seasonal colors. I have been learning a lot just by reading various threads on SLGs here, however, I am confused about some references to different styles/leathers being especially rare and/or difficult to find. For example, my local boutique has the Classic and Boy coin purse in black caviar GHW in stock. Are these so rare/difficult to find that I should purchase them when I have the chance?

Any and all advice appreciated! I wish I had all the money in the world to get everything I want NOW, but I have to methodically plan and save for my purchases. TIA for your advice & tips!

You should never buy anything just because it's rare or hard to find. Accessories have to fulfill their purpose and your needs first and fore most. What good will a rare wallet or coin purse do you if it sits in your closet or dresser drawer but you don't use it? You may want to try and narrow your list down by simple elimination. Do you like wallets with zippers or do you prefer snaps? Full size or compacter ones? How many card slots do you need at a minimum? Once you have whittled down the list your choices may become clearer.

Thanks for the thoughtful advice, @twin-fun! I totally get what you mean about buying for purpose. I have what I need at the moment and am indulging in Chanel SLGs for fun. I do plan to rotate the SLGs and use them, but have a bit of am going into this with a touch of a collector's mentality. That's why I asked about those styles, because I noticed some TPFers seemingly gravitate towards the classic black for Chanel. I prefer more color in my SLGs, but I didn't know if I was missing out on a classic black piece that I may not be able to get later, IKWM.

omg..im considering getting a boy coin purse in the exact same colour, but in the shiny gold HW and caviar. Having already owned a coin purse in the classic style, I realise I'm such an addict now to Chanel slg ><
I know, they are SOOO addicting. I purchased all of them within the month :P

Does this come in caviar? I wasn't aware

I know, they are SOOO addicting. I purchased all of them within the month :P

Does this come in caviar? I wasn't aware
My friend took a photo of a caviar one in the boutique for me. omg i've been after your open style rectangular (the blue one) card holder for ages!! It's super hard to find everyhwere. And Australian stored didn't even order it!

Based on my experience, the classic colour SLGs are hardly in stock while the seasonal ones aren't. If you like a pop of colours in your handbags, then go for the seasonal ones as they are quite eye-catching.

My friend took a photo of a caviar one in the boutique for me. omg i've been after your open style rectangular (the blue one) card holder for ages!! It's super hard to find everyhwere. And Australian stored didn't even order it!
omg i know!!! ive looked for the ID card holder forever as well! this style is not as popular I guess. haha I'm debating letting that one go though. I do slightly prefer the zip/snap just because I can put bills and coins in. The blue ID card holder just holds cards/folded bills. No coins :sad:

Reactions: iykyk
Based on my experience, the classic colour SLGs are hardly in stock while the seasonal ones aren't. If you like a pop of colours in your handbags, then go for the seasonal ones as they are quite eye-catching.

Thank you for the response, Ying! Yes, that makes sense with some of the comments I've read in the forum. My local boutique has had them in stock this month, but I don't know if that is often the case in my city, since I'm very new to purchasing Chanel.

omg i know!!! ive looked for the ID card holder forever as well! this style is not as popular I guess. haha I'm debating letting that one go though. I do slightly prefer the zip/snap just because I can put bills and coins in. The blue ID card holder just holds cards/folded bills. No coins :sad:
Omg please let me know if you want to let it go. Its so hard to find, ive asked everywhere ><