About to pull trigger on papier A4. Too big? Mod photos appreciated.

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
Hi all!

I was looking for a large tote for work/weekend/travel, and eventually possibly for mom/baby stuff. I've also been on the hunt for a dark grey bag. This seems perfect, but I'm still a little concerned it might look too big on me, and that the strap drop might be too short to wear comfortably as a shoulder bag.

I am 5'1" 107 lbs. My arms are fairly slim. My body type is similar to Lauren Conrad's, who has been photographed carrying the papier. However, she is 5'6".

I love the slouchy leather, but will this bag fall over if set down, and there is not too much inside the bag?

For those who have had yours for years, how has it held up?

Mod photos would be very much appreciated!IMG_7020.PNG

Reactions: Miss World
Hi all!

I was looking for a large tote for work/weekend/travel, and eventually possibly for mom/baby stuff. I've also been on the hunt for a dark grey bag. This seems perfect, but I'm still a little concerned it might look too big on me, and that the strap drop might be too short to wear comfortably as a shoulder bag.

I am 5'1" 107 lbs. My arms are fairly slim. My body type is similar to Lauren Conrad's, who has been photographed carrying the papier. However, she is 5'6".

I love the slouchy leather, but will this bag fall over if set down, and there is not too much inside the bag?

Mod photos would be very much appreciated!View attachment 3579911
Hey girlie!! Did you check the measurements very carefully? (I'm sure you did) Since I know a little about your amazing style from admiring your mods, I do wonder if you feel this may be a tad bit large on your sweetest petite frame....but then again, I really think you can wear ANYTHING!!! I have a MINI papier zip around which I adore & the calfskin has retained its structured shape (which I want & prefer on the mini). I do think this one will slouch quite a bit & not really stand up when you put it down (as most Bals do slouch, especially over time w/ usage) but depending on what you put inside it (or using a liner) it may be able to standup a bit on its own. I'm probably being so wishy washy unhelpful here!! BEST OF LUCK dearest!

Hi all!

I considered the A4 but I felt it was too big, even on me, and I am larger than you at 5'3" 129 lbs. Instead, I got the A5 papier zip around. It is smaller and a perfect size for me. Personally I don't like large totes for a daily purse, my stuff gets lost in them. For travel I have a medium-sized Longchamp le Pilage. Good luck in your decision!

Hey girlie!! Did you check the measurements very carefully? (I'm sure you did) Since I know a little about your amazing style from admiring your mods, I do wonder if you feel this may be a tad bit large on your sweetest petite frame....but then again, I really think you can wear ANYTHING!!! I have a MINI papier zip around which I adore & the calfskin has retained its structured shape (which I want & prefer on the mini). I do think this one will slouch quite a bit & not really stand up when you put it down (as most Bals do slouch, especially over time w/ usage) but depending on what you put inside it (or using a liner) it may be able to standup a bit on its own. I'm probably being so wishy washy unhelpful here!! BEST OF LUCK dearest!
Thank you for your response dear Kendie! Was hoping I would hear from you since I always value your opinion :smile: I do fear it might be large, since the LV Neverfull which is 3 inches smaller lengthwise, feels borderline big. I think this would be fine to use on certain occasions where I would need to carry much more than usual, but for such a gorgeous bag, I would hate to limit myself from using it as a daily bag.

I considered the A4 but I felt it was too big, even on me, and I am larger than you at 5'3" 129 lbs. Instead, I got the A5 papier zip around. It is smaller and a perfect size for me. Personally I don't like large totes for a daily purse, my stuff gets lost in them. For travel I have a medium-sized Longchamp le Pilage. Good luck in your decision!

Thanks for your input! I sure wish they still had A5. This is a gorgeous bag but I fear it might wear me instead of the other way around.

I'm still hoping to hear from other owners of the A4!

Thank you for your response dear Kendie! Was hoping I would hear from you since I always value your opinion :smile: I do fear it might be large, since the LV Neverfull which is 3 inches smaller lengthwise, feels borderline big. I think this would be fine to use on certain occasions where I would need to carry much more than usual, but for such a gorgeous bag, I would hate to limit myself from using it as a daily bag.

Thanks for your input! I sure wish they still had A5. This is a gorgeous bag but I fear it might wear me instead of the other way around.

I'm still hoping to hear from other owners of the A4!
Back at you sweetie....I value YOUR opinions too!! I think that's very smart for you to consider/be thinking about if it ends up being too large for your liking, will it limit your usage. You are 1 smart cookie! Smooches!:flowers:

Hi all!

Hi breadandbrie, I am around 5'1 in height and i am also considering buying this Balenciaga Papier tote bag in the Grey color, same as the one in the picture. Firstly, i think the bag looks large on most people regardless of their height. The bag is meant to be large and oversized, that is the style. The good thing about the bag is that it is when it isn't fully stuffed with items inside, it slouches and makes the bag look smaller. It doesn't stay wide like an LV Neverfull does when empty.

It looks great on celebrities that wear it too like Karlie Kloss, Lauren Conrad, Charlize Theron, Irina Shayk, Rosie Huntington Whiteley and Kate Moss. :heart:

I think it would be a great everyday bag and even better if you intend on eventually using it as a luxury diaper bag for babies things. I have Balenciaga City bags and this will be a nice change in style for me. Lets face it Balenciaga makes bags with some of the most delicious supple leather.:nuts:

Last edited:
Reactions: Breadnbrie
Hi breadandbrie, I am around 5'1 in height and i am also considering buying this Balenciaga Papier tote bag in the Grey color, same as the one in the picture. Firstly, i think the bag looks large on most people regardless of their height. The bag is meant to be large and oversized, that is the style. The good thing about the bag is that it is when it isn't fully stuffed with items inside, it slouches and makes the bag look smaller. It doesn't stay wide like an LV Neverfull does when empty.

It looks great on celebrities that wear it too like Karlie Kloss, Lauren Conrad, Charlize Theron, Irina Shayk, Rosie Huntington Whiteley and Kate Moss. :heart:

I think it would be a great everyday bag and even better if you intend on eventually using it as a luxury diaper bag for babies things. I have Balenciaga City bags and this will be a nice change in style for me. Lets face it Balenciaga makes bags with some of the most delicious supple leather.:nuts:
Thanks for your feedback! Have you ever tried it on in person? I actually went to try it on recently and it felt too large for me, plus the shoulder strap drop is a tad short, even when lengthened all the way.

Here are some photos of me at the store: IMG_9140.JPGIMG_9142.JPG

Hi breadandbrie, I am around 5'1 in height and i am also considering buying this Balenciaga Papier tote bag in the Grey color, same as the one in the picture. Firstly, i think the bag looks large on most people regardless of their height. The bag is meant to be large and oversized, that is the style. The good thing about the bag is that it is when it isn't fully stuffed with items inside, it slouches and makes the bag look smaller. It doesn't stay wide like an LV Neverfull does when empty. I think it would be a great everyday bag and even better if you intend on eventually using it as a luxury diaper bag for babies things. I have Balenciaga City bags and this will be a nice change in style for me. Lets face it Balenciaga makes bags with some of the most delicious supple leather.
Thanks for your feedback! Have you ever tried it on in person? I actually went to try it on recently and it felt too large for me, plus the shoulder strap drop is a tad short, even when lengthened all the way.

Here are some photos of me at the store: View attachment 3652744View attachment 3652745
I think it looks so fabulous on you though! It definitely is big but you pull it off well. :smile: I tried on a Red Papier bag today. It was Papier B4 which was slightly different and a lot smaller. The red was beautiful, but i had my heart set on Grey or Black. But i might get red because it was so strikingly beautiful. :smile: