WE ARE NOT ALL CUT OUT TO BE BAL GALS :(

Oct 8, 2013
To all the wonderful TPFr's who have spent their time imparting their kindness and knowledge to me with all my questions and concerns on the beautiful Balenciaga bags. I have a Prada lux tote, assorted LV, MK, RM, Longchamp and Coach bags and adore each and everyone of them. They bring me a joy that only another handbag lover could understand. Sadly this beautiful little Bal First bag made me a nervous wreck, I couldn't get past that dry papery worn leather and it just didn't feel right when I put it on. What moisturizer to use, if I should even use moisturizer on it, will it tear, OMG it made me too nervous. I sent it back today because it really was not in the "very good" condition that was stated. I passed up many on the site and pulled the trigger on that one because it said it was in very good condition. It was extremely well loved and very worn which you couldn't see in the pics. When I took it in the light today I could see that the glazing on the whipstiching was all cracked as well. I'm just not up for all that rehabbing. I guess I will admire all of your beautiful Bals on the forum from afar and stick within my comfort zone. I guess it's true that you can't teach and old dog new tricks....but thanks to you all for trying, you are the best! Thank you so much.

Reactions: ksuromax
I am sorry it didn't work out -- glad you can return it. Life is too short to be a nervous wreck over a bag so you made the right call. I agree that a great bag should bring you joy and clearly this one doesn't. Maybe in the future you can try B again. Also it may be helpful to visit NM or a B boutique (if you are near one) to feel and play with new ones so that you know what they feel like for comparison. In the meantime, you have your RM Ragan, your lovely Rogue and other lovelies.

Reactions: louisprada25
I am sorry it didn't work out -- glad you can return it. Life is too short to be a nervous wreck over a bag so you made the right call. I agree that a great bag should bring you joy and clearly this one doesn't. Maybe in the future you can try B again. Also it may be helpful to visit NM or a B boutique (if you are near one) to feel and play with new ones so that you know what they feel like for comparison. In the meantime, you have your RM Ragan, your lovely Rogue and other lovelies.
lamminda thank you for your post, OMG life is too short to not sleep over a handbag purchase. This is the first bag purchase I have ever made that made me so nervous. I think if the bag wasn't as worn as it was it would have been different. Your suggestion is brilliant, seeing the handbags new in the stores and familiarizing myself with the brand would have been helpful. A very worn 11 year bag isn't good for a Newby, or at least not this Newby. Thank you for all your help and rock your Balenciagas!

I was in your shoes a couple of months ago. Purchased a black first, only to find out it was a knock off. Then, purchased what I thought was a gorgeous black city and was soooo disappointed, faded, worn, looked green instead of black :annoyed: !! Sent it to a shop for rehab, didn't help much. Ended up selling the bag. Since then however, I've purchased 3 more, a pewter first, a silver town and a black twiggy, all in excellent condition !!! I have always felt these bags are so unique and each one special in its own way. I hope you don't give up your search, I'm so glad I didn't !!!

Reactions: louisprada25
To all the wonderful TPFr's who have spent their time imparting their kindness and knowledge to me with all my questions and concerns on the beautiful Balenciaga bags. I have a Prada lux tote, assorted LV, MK, RM, Longchamp and Coach bags and adore each and everyone of them. They bring me a joy that only another handbag lover could understand. Sadly this beautiful little Bal First bag made me a nervous wreck, I couldn't get past that dry papery worn leather and it just didn't feel right when I put it on. What moisturizer to use, if I should even use moisturizer on it, will it tear, OMG it made me too nervous. I sent it back today because it really was not in the "very good" condition that was stated. I passed up many on the site and pulled the trigger on that one because it said it was in very good condition. It was extremely well loved and very worn which you couldn't see in the pics. When I took it in the light today I could see that the glazing on the whipstiching was all cracked as well. I'm just not up for all that rehabbing. I guess I will admire all of your beautiful Bals on the forum from afar and stick within my comfort zone. I guess it's true that you can't teach and old dog new tricks....but thanks to you all for trying, you are the best! Thank you so much.
Don't give up entirely on Balenicaga, I resold my first purchase without using her, but as I got to know more about the brand and tried a few different styles, I became totally hooked! Condition is everything in my mind, and once you've experienced an oldie in great condition you'll understand why everyone loves the older leather. :heart:

Reactions: squidgee
I am sure you'll find your pefect Bal! It's somewhere ahead, down the road, behind the corner... if it didn't work for you, then of it goes! :smile: glad you had a return option

Thank you Ksuromax for all of your help. I have never had a handbag purchase give me so much anxiety and I was really disappointed in the condition of the bag. It didn't show how badly it was worn in the pictures, not even in my pictures. Maybe some day down the road I'll try again but with a new or pristine bag. Enjoy your beautiful Balenciaga bags. For now I will admire them on the forum lol.

Why not get a new bag? I wouldn't be up for rehabbing a very used bag either, but I haven't had much trouble finding new or like new or excellent condition Bals.

Piosavsfan, thank you so much for your post, I agree. I love the Balenciaga bags but if I ever buy another it will be new or pristine. For now I will be admiring all of your beautiful Bals on the forum.

I was in your shoes a couple of months ago. Purchased a black first, only to find out it was a knock off. Then, purchased what I thought was a gorgeous black city and was soooo disappointed, faded, worn, looked green instead of black :annoyed: !! Sent it to a shop for rehab, didn't help much. Ended up selling the bag. Since then however, I've purchased 3 more, a pewter first, a silver town and a black twiggy, all in excellent condition !!! I have always felt these bags are so unique and each one special in its own way. I hope you don't give up your search, I'm so glad I didn't !!!

Dmurphy1 thank you so much for your post. I'm so glad that you didn't give up and ended up with three beautiful bags. I am just so disappointed that this didn't work out but you never know what's ahead down the road. Enjoy your beautiful Bals.

Reactions: Dmurphy1
Don't give up entirely on Balenicaga, I resold my first purchase without using her, but as I got to know more about the brand and tried a few different styles, I became totally hooked! Condition is everything in my mind, and once you've experienced an oldie in great condition you'll understand why everyone loves the older leather. :heart:

Hi Muchstuff, thank you so much for all of your help. I agree that condition is everything and that was my first mistake. I was so excited about buying my first Balenciaga and I didn't want to wait to save up for new. The bag wasn't in the condition it was advertised to be in and you really couldn't see it in the pictures. I guess it's true for life and Balenciagas.....All good things come to those who wait. For now I'm going to enjoy seeing everyone else's beautiful bags.

Hi Muchstuff, thank you so much for all of your help. I agree that condition is everything and that was my first mistake. I was so excited about buying my first Balenciaga and I didn't want to wait to save up for new. The bag wasn't in the condition it was advertised to be in and you really couldn't see it in the pictures. I guess it's true for life and Balenciagas.....All good things come to those who wait. For now I'm going to enjoy seeing everyone else's beautiful bags.
You've just had some bad luck, there are many many pre-loved bags in excellent condition, so new isn't necessarily your only choice...please feel free to post anything you might be interested in in the future, there are lots of us who will help you look prospective purchases over if you like!

Ah, yes I remember the exact bag you are referring to from your pics. Sorry it didn't work out for you but glad you were able to return! I think we should love ALL of our bags, so I think it was wise of you not to "settle" & keep that bag. Maybe down the road you will find your perfect Bal, but in the meantime, enjoy your other wonderful bags!