Should I sell my Medium Classic Flap?

lilacto

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Hello Ladies. I really need your advice here.

I have been offered USD 3650 for my Medium Black Caviar Classic Flap SHW. I bought it in 2015. Is this a good price?
I have a Jumbo Black Caviar with GHW as wellI. I thought I could buy a colored flap or black boy instead of having 2 black classic flaps... Should I sell? Will I regret this? Please advice!

Depends on how used it is. Is it well loved or used occasionally only? If it's not used much, I think that price is low. The current retail is $4900 USD plus taxes.

It also depends on your lifestyle. Is the medium too small? Do u like shw or wear a lot of it? I sold one of my Chanel's with shw and I don't regret at all. I hardly wear silver jewelry or cooler tones. My wardrobe is more suited for ghw.

are you selling it to a consignment store? If you don't feel comfortable selling it at the price sell it yourself. To make a clean break without any hassle it's a good price consigning it, but if you're selling it yourself try to get them higher.

I have been offered USD 3650 for my Medium Black Caviar Classic Flap SHW. I bought it in 2015. Is this a good price?
I have a Jumbo Black Caviar with GHW as wellI. I thought I could buy a colored flap or black boy instead of having 2 black classic flaps... Should I sell? Will I regret this? Please advice!
If you used it a lot and/or it's missing accessories (ie. auth. card, dust bag), that is a fair price. If it was barely used and is in pristine/like new condition, I would try to sell it for $4400-4500 and wouldn't accept less than $4200..just my two cents:smile: The black caviar m/l is a popular bag.

Reactions: missie1
Thank you so much for your responses. Yes actually the consignment store keeps 11% so the actual quoted price is about USD 4100 but I am just looking at what I get after their commission.

I have the full set including the flower the shopping bag, the box and everything in it.
It is pristine as I have carried the bag a handful of times.

I wear both silver and gold jewellery, but if so buy a boy with RHW I may not miss this.

. is it foolish to sell a classic flap in black and replace with a boy. I have a daughter who is 5 now... A CF is more of an inheritance than a boy??? Pl advice.

Same here... I bought my classic medium black caviar ghw 2015 and it just sitting in my closet and I don't feel like wearing it after I got my mini bags [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Thinking to sell to get a color medium classic or color mini flap??.... I just not sure [emoji26] probably this style of bag not working for me... ---sick of selling bag though [emoji29]

Hmm... normally I would say if you don't use it, then sell it. But in this case, this bag's price will only increase so I would keep it. I've seen bags from 5+ years ago selling for that price now because prices keep increasing. You could always shop around different resellers as well. It's not always easy to find the boy with RHW either, so I would say wait until you have that bag and then make your decision. They're definitely two very different styles haha

Reactions: squidgee
+1 to caitli88's suggestion! Wait until you get the Boy and then decide. The caviar shw flap will always be in demand and command a good price (especially since yours has the full set and is in great condition).

Hmm... normally I would say if you don't use it, then sell it. But in this case, this bag's price will only increase so I would keep it. I've seen bags from 5+ years ago selling for that price now because prices keep increasing. You could always shop around different resellers as well. It's not always easy to find the boy with RHW either, so I would say wait until you have that bag and then make your decision. They're definitely two very different styles haha

+1 to caitli88's suggestion! Wait until you get the Boy and then decide. The caviar shw flap will always be in demand and command a good price (especially since yours has the full set and is in great condition).

DONE! I dont have to sell this to buy the boy.. So I think ill wait for the perfect boy bag for me and then decide if I want to still sell. I do actually use the bag when I go out at nights... its just that I dont go out very much at all... But when the kids are grown up.. and Im able to get out... Im worried ill miss this bag...Thank you ladies as always! Love having your collective experience to think out loud with... I dont have friends who will let me do that...

Same here... I bought my classic medium black caviar ghw 2015 and it just sitting in my closet and I don't feel like wearing it after I got my mini bags [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Thinking to sell to get a color medium classic or color mini flap??.... I just not sure [emoji26] probably this style of bag not working for me... ---sick of selling bag though [emoji29]

RaspberryLV your profile pic really stands out when I scroll down... Love the colour on your card case...

Reactions: RasberryLV
It's a great bag and I don't think holding onto it is a bad idea... here are some of my thoughts on all of this craziness with prices right now though....

Yes the prices have gone up tremendously.. however my feeling is that while it may warrant the maintenance of the price you paid or slightly more than that for a "pre crazy price increase flap" it doesn't necessarily warrant say a 2009 flap that sold in the $2000 range to go for upwards of todays pricing. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around treating these fashion items like commodities, gold/silver/oil and with that expecting them to only increase in value as most commodities have volatile fluctuations over the years. An aging leather handbag that was priced at $2500 when new should not warrant $5000 now simply because the new ones are that price. Sure they hold value but they also lose value due to age, condition, etc, so while you can get your money back out of it of course (which in the fashion world is quite admirable) much additional gain on top of the original purchase price is something to think about as a buyer, yes I said buyer... buying a 5-10 year old flap just because it's say $500-$1000 cheaper than a new one is silly to me (although hardware and QAQC has been an issue recently) we have to remember that leather ages and not alway well. If as the seller you currently have the opportunity to make a considerable gain on top of what your original purchase price was and you have something you would prefer to own I would not look at it like you are losing money because that bag is now X amount more brand new than what you are selling it for, first off because it is not the SAME bag (eg series, age, etc) and also that is still going to be money you "made" above what your original purchase price was that can go toward something you prefer now. Furthermore, never base a decision on what you expect to remain super hot and desirable, classics rotate, times change, these will probably always be classic staples IMHO but maybe not the must have HOT item..... We can't predict the future :smile:

I have the exact same two Chanel bags. I wouldn't sell my M/L if I were you. If you want to buy another bag maybe you should save or sell something else? The M/L is a very popular bag and size and it will only go up so in a few years I am sure you will get full price of what you gave to buy it. As much as I love colored flaps I think black is a classic. I like the boy but have you used it? It is very structured and I realized it wasn't for me when I used it for a few times (a friend lent it to me). Especially the thick chain was a problem for me but that is only my personal opinion as many many other ladies love this bag. What I wanted to say is, it would be a pity selling this one now for a price which is low in my opinion and buying something which might not be convenient. It is really hard to decide I know, but by keeping this bag you will only gain more money if you sell later.