No eBay Selling (Final Value) Fees for 5 Listings Between 1/16 and 1/23

QuelleFromage

Not my circus, not my monkeys
O.G.
Jan 15, 2011
Who here that sells is using this promotion? Obviously it's wonderful to not have selling fees, and a great inducement to list I am wary of listing something assuming I'm not paying FV fees - and missing something in Ebay's fine print. So far the fine print seems pretty simple - can the selling experts here tell me if I'm missing something? Many thanks!!

As long as you follow the terms, and the item sells during the prescribed window, the offer should be automatically applied. You have to be sure that you've accepted the promotion first. You can see this in your selling dashboard. This is a targeted offer which eBay does every now and then. I didn't get the offer but I've successfully participated in "max $5 FVF" and "50% off FVF" promotions in the past.

Well I have something to say about this! I got a similar offer emailed to me. I tried to accept it and the screen would just blow up every time I tried. :mad:
Then I got a message from eBay (after the deal was over) saying, uh oh, sorry. You should have gotten the offer and basically we're idiots & don't know why it didn't work for you. :cursing:

Well I have something to say about this! I got a similar offer emailed to me. I tried to accept it and the screen would just blow up every time I tried. :mad:
Then I got a message from eBay (after the deal was over) saying, uh oh, sorry. You should have gotten the offer and basically we're idiots & don't know why it didn't work for you. :cursing:
This has happened to me twice! Every time I tried to accept the offer, it said it was only open to people who had received the invitation. I was clicking the link from the invitation, duh! For both, I got the message from ebay before it was over and was able to activate the offer. I got my refunded fees too! It wasn't as good as this promotion, though, only 50% off fees.

I didn't get this promotion, probably because I've gotten other ones in the past.

Always double check your account to make sure the offer was activated. It will list it in your active promotions table and will even count the number of listings created by you so far under the promotion. "2 of 5 used" etc

As long as you follow the terms, and the item sells during the prescribed window, the offer should be automatically applied. You have to be sure that you've accepted the promotion first. You can see this in your selling dashboard. This is a targeted offer which eBay does every now and then. I didn't get the offer but I've successfully participated in "max $5 FVF" and "50% off FVF" promotions in the past.
Thank you! I see that it is activated and I have since listed two items -however the promotion shows as "0 of 5" used. I'm assuming this is because the promotion is for five SALES, not five listings.
I really think all eBay sellers are heroes :angel: I cannot believe what you put up with day to day!

Always double check your account to make sure the offer was activated. It will list it in your active promotions table and will even count the number of listings created by you so far under the promotion. "2 of 5 used" etc

I spoke to eBay and they told me that created listings won't show in the promotion as "x of 5 used" - it's only completed sales that will show as uses of the promotion. Theoretically. They seemed a little clueless on the phone.

This has happened to me twice! Every time I tried to accept the offer, it said it was only open to people who had received the invitation. I was clicking the link from the invitation, duh!
I don't know if this is the case for you but I got the invitation in my gmail (using Firefox). But on that browser, I log in to ebay with a different ID.

However on Safari where I log in with my selling ID, I got the message and could activate it there.

In order to activate from the email, I need to log out of ebay with my posting/buying ID and log in to ebay with my selling ID.

I don't know if this is the case for you but I got the invitation in my gmail (using Firefox). But on that browser, I log in to ebay with a different ID.

However on Safari where I log in with my selling ID, I got the message and could activate it there.

In order to activate from the email, I need to log out of ebay with my posting/buying ID and log in to ebay with my selling ID.
When it happened to me, I could see the message in my ebay messages and tried that too, and it still didn't work. The problem is that it wasn't showing in the offers section of my account. I have two ebay accounts, and use two different emails and different browsers for each, so I never have to log out. I had gotten the offer for both of my ebay accounts. Nothing I tried worked until after I got the email saying they were sorry.

I spoke to eBay and they told me that created listings won't show in the promotion as "x of 5 used" - it's only completed sales that will show as uses of the promotion. Theoretically. They seemed a little clueless on the phone.

This turns out to be true. I relisted an item today which sold in minutes and it showed up as 1 of my 5 no FV fee listings.