What to use for Scars after surgery

noangel0909

Apr 2, 2015
I need some help with scars after surgery. Would like to know which scar creams or serums works best to for this type of scars?

I have used kelocort but didn't really work well on me, any suggestions?

How far along are you with surgery? I recommend laser treatment if it has past 6 months. My friend did it for her ba incision line. Shes still in the midst of doing it, but so far there are improvements. slowly, but still there. I think creams only work in the beginning? Though I could be wrong about that part.

I don't know about cream but my friend did laser treatment and it was really effective.
Costly in some places is the only problem... Here in singapore they told my aunty $7000 for ulthera I think.

I had a surgery 4 months ago
Was using kelocort but wasn't really that effective or maybe I just didn't use it as often as I should have.

I thought maybe those who have had surgery will be of help with what has worked for them. Would like to think of laser as my last resort. Until then, any suggestions for lightening dark scars? are silicon based cream better?

I used bioCorneum and It worked well. I'm about a year post op now and there is no visable scaring. I usually get raised scars, so I do think the cream made a big differnce.
I used it twice a day for about 8 months or so.

I used bioCorneum and It worked well. I'm about a year post op now and there is no visable scaring. I usually get raised scars, so I do think the cream made a big differnce.
I used it twice a day for about 8 months or so.

This is what I used also, after the healing period and when I just had darker scars. During the first 15-20 days I just loaded on polysporin, always keeping a large amount on. Also I continued to tape my nose for 10 days, to reduce the movement of the base where the incision was. I think this is what I'll do again when I get lip lift, keeping it taped as long as possible so the new scar doesn't move much. Then fraxel laser