Next VCA - pave WG 5-motif Alhambra bracelet or 10-motif Alhambra neckace?

Phoenix123

Apr 6, 2012
Hello tPFers!!
I've been reading many VCA threads with great interest. I've been collecting jewellery for many years and have only recently ventured into VCA.
So far, I've purchased a WG Lotus BTF ring, pave Perlee Clover bracelet in RG and a 6-motif Sweet pave WG Alhambra bracelet. I absolutely ADORE my Lotus ring and my Perlee Clover bracelet....but alas, not so much the Sweet (which I'm trying to sell).
Naturally, like all VCA addicts, my mind is wandering into other VCA items and I'm currently coveting another pave piece in the Alhambra collection, either a 5-motif bracelet or the 10-motif necklace. I love love love bracelets (and incidentally will prob eventually get a 5-motif MOP in YG or one in solid YG to pair with my Perlee Clover bracelet); but am also lusting after the pave WG version, which I can pair with my Cartier pave Love bracelet or even just to wear on its own. I also lust after, in a baaaad way, the 10-motif pave necklace. The price points between the bracelet and the necklace are obviously very different; and in either case, I'll have to wait several more months, saving furiously, before committing. But I thought I'd ask you ladies for your opinions. What should I do?!

Sorry if I'm rambling...hope I'm making sense! lol.

Last edited:
I still think the 10 Motif adds a different look than your other 2 pieces can give.
Thank you, AntiqueShopper. I'd be buying it in WG, as most of my jewellery is WG/ platinum. Yes, it'd be a totally different look/ vibe altogether. And the sparkles coming from this Alhambra necklace, as you can imagine, are AMAAZZING!!! I'd feel like a million dollars wearing it!:cool::smile:

I agree! And you can always wrap it around your wrist twice and make a bracelet if you want!

Thank you, purseinsanity. I was actually thinking that, I'm all for getting as much mileage out of your VCA pieces as possible!!. Problem is though, I'm very petite and my wrists, in particular, are tiny. My bracelets are usually 6 1/4 inches and my necklace 15.5' or 16". Even if I were to shortened this VCA necklace to 15.5", it'd still be too long to wrap around my wrist twice; and if I were to leave it at the standard length of 16.5" (which I'd be open to doing, though it'd be a bit of a busy look), wrapping it round three times wouldn't be possible either. What would you suggest?

Thank you, purseinsanity. I was actually thinking that, I'm all for getting as much mileage out of your VCA pieces as possible!!. Problem is though, I'm very petite and my wrists, in particular, are tiny. My bracelets are usually 6 1/4 inches and my necklace 15.5' or 16". Even if I were to shortened this VCA necklace to 15.5", it'd still be too long to wrap around my wrist twice; and if I were to leave it at the standard length of 16.5" (which I'd be open to doing, though it'd be a bit of a busy look), wrapping it round three times wouldn't be possible either. What would you suggest?

You can buy an extender [emoji6]

You can buy an extender [emoji6]
Oh ok, I've just read a bit more about this on this forum, but am still not entirely clear. An extender would be ordered from VCA, right? And would it just be a 2-inch, 4-inch (whatever you need) chain of metal or would it have a motif or 2 on it too?
I remember vaguely that my SA said any shortening or lengthening of a bracelet or necklace could be done permanently and free-of-charge, but it seems like I'd need a detachable extender (?).
Thank you.

Last edited:
Oh ok, I've just read a bit more about this on this forum, but am still not entirely clear. An extender would be ordered from VCA, right? And would it just be a 2-inch, 4-inch (whatever you need) chain of metal or would it have a motif or 2 on it too?
I remember vaguely that my SA said any shortening or lengthening of a bracelet or necklace could be done permanently and free-of-charge, but it seems like I'd need a detachable extender (?).
Thank you.

Actually, there are some decent ones on eBay. BestGoldShop makes one with a matching chain. They were recommended by another member.

You could try a 2" extender and try wrapping it around 3 times possibly?