Help me decide on bag, please?

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, I am very bad at making decisions when I have too many options so I end up going in circles forever so now I'm turning here asking you professionals for advice :smile:

Things to note: I live in Sweden were we have all seasons and rain. I bike to work no car. I want a bag to use year round.

The bags I'm lusting/deciding between:

1: Neverfull DE Red lining: seems like a carefree bag not needing to baby due to rain. I only have one other bag in my collection which is care free. Red is beautiful but would I get tired of it? straps can hurt?

2: Neverfull DE Rose Ballerine lining: carefree bag and beautiful pink lining. But does it get dirty easily? I will buy an Samorga insert. Will I get tired of pink?

3: Neverfull DA Rose Ballerine lining: beautiful light colour bag with lovely pink lining. Not carefree? Can I wear year round? Only have one other light coloured bag which is grey.

4: Lockme II BB in Red: oh this is so beautiful but the price is so high as I compare this to the Mulberry reg Lily in size and use. I already have a Lily but this silver hardware is gorgeous. But not sure I want to spend this money on a small bag? And I might grow tired of red?

Any comments, personal experience etc are welcome. Also suggestions on other bags just not Monogram as I have Pochette Metis in monogram :smile:

Thank you

IMG_1484472605.996067.jpg

Have you considered the:
Estrela £1450 If you have bad weather a lot then it might be best to avoid an open tote, and the estrela handles would be more comfy on the shoulders, and it has a long strap option.
Lockme Cabas £1660 If you're not worried about an open tote style though, may the Cabas would be a better option than the bb, as it sounds like you're put off by the size a bit, whereas you could have more everyday use out of the cabas.
Mazarine MM £1850/ PM £1660 Functional opening and long strap option, and a nice size, structured base and feet for durability.
Tuileries Besace £1440 I think this is a more practical bag than the lockme bb, and a little less in price. Depends on whether you like the colour blocking though, also it might date a little faster than the other options so it depends on whether that bothers you.

Out of the options you've posted I think I would choose between the NF DE and Lockme bb, although they are very different bags and would serve different purposes. Good luck with you decision :smile:

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-estrela-monogram-canvas-handbags--M42766_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-estrela-monogram-canvas-handbags--M42766_PM2_Front view.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,011
  • louis-vuitton-lockme-cabas-soft-leather--M42291_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-lockme-cabas-soft-leather--M42291_PM2_Front view.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 993
  • louis-vuitton-mazarine-mm-monogram-empreinte-leather-handbags--M50643_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-mazarine-mm-monogram-empreinte-leather-handbags--M50643_PM2_Front view.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 989
  • louis-vuitton-tuileries-besace-monogram-canvas-handbags--M43159_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-tuileries-besace-monogram-canvas-handbags--M43159_PM2_Front view.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,026
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, I am very bad at making decisions when I have too many options so I end up going in circles forever so now I'm turning here asking you professionals for advice :smile:

Things to note: I live in Sweden were we have all seasons and rain. I bike to work no car. I want a bag to use year round.

The bags I'm lusting/deciding between:

1: Neverfull DE Red lining: seems like a carefree bag not needing to baby due to rain. I only have one other bag in my collection which is care free. Red is beautiful but would I get tired of it? straps can hurt?

2: Neverfull DE Rose Ballerine lining: carefree bag and beautiful pink lining. But does it get dirty easily? I will buy an Samorga insert. Will I get tired of pink?

3: Neverfull DA Rose Ballerine lining: beautiful light colour bag with lovely pink lining. Not carefree? Can I wear year round? Only have one other light coloured bag which is grey.

4: Lockme II BB in Red: oh this is so beautiful but the price is so high as I compare this to the Mulberry reg Lily in size and use. I already have a Lily but this silver hardware is gorgeous. But not sure I want to spend this money on a small bag? And I might grow tired of red?

Any comments, personal experience etc are welcome. Also suggestions on other bags just not Monogram as I have Pochette Metis in monogram :smile:

Thank you

View attachment 3574996
Without any hesitation Neverfull DE with red interior. The rose interior can become dirty too easily. The straps don't hurt my shoulder. Good luck deciding :smile:

I would get the ND DE with the red interior. I love DE print. Living in NY we get all kinds of weather and I never have to worry about my bag being ruined in rain, sleet or snow.

Per Kate, the Tuileries Besace is gorgeous. Try it on. So comfortable. It does have dyed calf leather so rain could be an issue. I don't think it will date too fast since it is mainly monogram, plus the neutral olive or red is what you end up seeing at first glance. It is a permanent style according to the 2017 Spring Summer blog. The red interior on NDE won't get dirty. Also a classic piece.

If you are looking for a large workbag, imho the Estrela NM is great. It is like the Neverfull though with a zipper and a little more dressed up.

From the bags you mention, the Neverfulls have no zipper...though if you don't mind having NO zipper the Damier Ebene is worry free and matches nice with work suits. The NF DA with RB is beautiful though worrisome with the elements.

The Lockme II BB is the most elegant out of all the choices. The question here is, are you happy with the size?

I agree with the above post; the NF is a great everyday bag but not if you are biking to work everyday. Of the choices you gave, I would choose the DE NF in rose ballerine because I prefer pink, but if you like red then that is a good option too.